Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy

Abby_TheLastofUs

Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja have confirmed that Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection will feature the censored version of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

https://nichegamer.com/2021/03/23/ninja-gaiden-master-collection-features-censored-ninja-gaiden-sigma-2/

OK, I want to offer some of you trophy hunters out here, « moderately » good news. After our lively discussion pages prior, when the achievements were leaked, we were suspecting that NGS2 would be un-platinumable. Still I'd advise to take it with a grain of salt, but if it's confirmed and not 100/100 difficult-wise, then we WILL be able to complete the Tag Missions SOLO, as they thankfully readjusted the difficulty.

Team NINJA brand manager Fumihiko Yasuda responded to an interview with Famitsu Weekly about the PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / Steam software "NINJA GAIDEN: Master Collection" scheduled to be released by Koei Tecmo Games on June 10.
コーエーテクモゲームスが6月10日に発売を予定しているPS4/Xbox One/Switch/Steam用ソフト『NINJA GAIDEN: マスターコレクション』について、Team NINJA ブランド長の安田文彦氏が週刊ファミ通のインタビューに応じました。

• 初代と『2』でΣを収録したのは単純に最終バージョンだから。
    ※初代『ブラック』と『2』無印は、当時のデータがばらばらにしか残っておらずサルベージできない状態。それもΣを選んだ理由とのこと。
  • 『Σ』と『Σ2』は“ヒーローモード”が使えるのでアクションが苦手でもクリアできると思う。
  • タッグミッションも一人でクリアできるよう難易度調整。      « Difficulty adjusted so that you can complete tag missions by yourself. »
  • VerDはSwitchユーザーの方はあまりグロを好まないと考えて用意した。
  • オンラインプレイは非対応。開発スケジュールやビジネス面から。
  • PS3のジャイロセンサーによる忍法強化やおっぱい揺らしは非対応、忍法は最初から強化。
  • 弱キャラのレイチェルやあやね、紅葉の強さはそのまま。
  • 『3』への厳しい意見は『3RE』で何とか持ち直したが、いつか続編でリベンジしたい。
  • (『スマブラSPECIAL』へのリュウ・ハヤブサ参戦を待ち望むファンがいるが)招待状お待ちしております(笑)

Source
    https://gamestalk.net/post-157938/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

36 minutes ago, Eliqsir said:

OK, I want to offer some of you trophy hunters out here, « moderately » good news. After our lively discussion pages prior, when the achievements were leaked, we were suspecting that NGS2 would be un-platinumable. Still I'd advise to take it with a grain of salt, but if it's confirmed and not 100/100 difficult-wise, then we WILL be able to complete the Tag Missions SOLO, as they thankfully readjusted the difficulty.

Team NINJA brand manager Fumihiko Yasuda responded to an interview with Famitsu Weekly about the PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / Steam software "NINJA GAIDEN: Master Collection" scheduled to be released by Koei Tecmo Games on June 10.
コーエーテクモゲームスが6月10日に発売を予定しているPS4/Xbox One/Switch/Steam用ソフト『NINJA GAIDEN: マスターコレクション』について、Team NINJA ブランド長の安田文彦氏が週刊ファミ通のインタビューに応じました。

• 初代と『2』でΣを収録したのは単純に最終バージョンだから。
    ※初代『ブラック』と『2』無印は、当時のデータがばらばらにしか残っておらずサルベージできない状態。それもΣを選んだ理由とのこと。
  • 『Σ』と『Σ2』は“ヒーローモード”が使えるのでアクションが苦手でもクリアできると思う。
  • タッグミッションも一人でクリアできるよう難易度調整。      « Difficulty adjusted so that you can complete tag missions by yourself. »
  • VerDはSwitchユーザーの方はあまりグロを好まないと考えて用意した。
  • オンラインプレイは非対応。開発スケジュールやビジネス面から。
  • PS3のジャイロセンサーによる忍法強化やおっぱい揺らしは非対応、忍法は最初から強化。
  • 弱キャラのレイチェルやあやね、紅葉の強さはそのまま。
  • 『3』への厳しい意見は『3RE』で何とか持ち直したが、いつか続編でリベンジしたい。
  • (『スマブラSPECIAL』へのリュウ・ハヤブサ参戦を待ち望むファンがいるが)招待状お待ちしております(笑)

Source
    https://gamestalk.net/post-157938/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

Here is everything translated via Siliconera -

We put in Sigma for Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 simply because they are the final versions.
As for Ninja Gaiden Black and the original Ninja Gaiden 2, only pieces of their original data were still intact, and we couldn’t salvage them either. That’s also the reason why we chose Sigma.
There is Hero Mode in Sigma 1 and Sigma 2, so I feel like even those who are not good at action games can also clear them.
We adjusted the difficulty level so that one player can also clear tag missions.
We prepared Version D because we thought Switch users wouldn’t like grotesque that much.
Online gameplay is not supported due to our development schedule and business side.
The strength levels of the weaker characters like Rachel, Ayane, and Momiji stay as-is.
We somehow fixed the issues pointed by harsh opinions for Ninja Gaiden 3 with Razor’s Edge. But one day, I want to have revenge with a sequel.

So yea, looks like there is hope.

Wish there was some way to get gore added into Sigma 2 though.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2021 at 5:19 PM, GeminiEntity said:

Here is everything translated via Siliconera -

We put in Sigma for Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 simply because they are the final versions.
As for Ninja Gaiden Black and the original Ninja Gaiden 2, only pieces of their original data were still intact, and we couldn’t salvage them either. That’s also the reason why we chose Sigma.
There is Hero Mode in Sigma 1 and Sigma 2, so I feel like even those who are not good at action games can also clear them.
We adjusted the difficulty level so that one player can also clear tag missions.
We prepared Version D because we thought Switch users wouldn’t like grotesque that much.
Online gameplay is not supported due to our development schedule and business side.
The strength levels of the weaker characters like Rachel, Ayane, and Momiji stay as-is.
We somehow fixed the issues pointed by harsh opinions for Ninja Gaiden 3 with Razor’s Edge. But one day, I want to have revenge with a sequel.

So yea, looks like there is hope.

Wish there was some way to get gore added into Sigma 2 though.

I may actually be tempted to give them a shot.  I wasn't bad at the first one, but the demo of the 3rd was virtually impossible for me to get through.  I know they changed it for the RE version though.

Edited by Snake2410

59 minutes ago, GeminiEntity said:

Screenshots for Sigma 2 show purple mist. Also, those specific screenshots for Sigma 1 look low compared to all other screenshots I have seen. Perhaps a mistake was made or something.

They also stated on twitter it was the ps3 version for both Sigmas. So we just have to wait and see it seems.

The purple mist was also present in Sigma 2 Plus. It's just that there was an option (at least in the Western release) in the menu, to add back the gore, or change its color or something like that. But they're not adding that in Sigma 2 (Plus) for the collection... At the same time, they said that the Switch will censor 3 Razor's Edge...
It's a weird mess of a collection, here is another excerpt from the interview with Famitsu confirming that indeed, it's gonna be the Sigma Plus versions, probably upscaled, and so graphically downgraded compared to the PS3 versions... But featuring more content (some modes, some costumes...).

« Q: Sorry about that. [laughs] The first two titles are the Sigma versions. What is the reason for this?

A: To put it simply, they are the final versions, so that’s why we picked them. There is a lot of additional content, including additional playable characters. They also include content from the Vita Sigma Plus games, as well as other aspects that we weren’t able to fully optimize at the time, and so we are making thorough adjustments this time. »

Source:

• Like 3

So it's a half assed port (not a remaster) of the Sigma Games with no Co-Op Online either.

What a letdown if I'm being honest, imagine waiting 9 years for this underwhelming collection

Edited by Ninjise
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Eliqsir said:

The purple mist was also present in Sigma 2 Plus. It's just that there was an option (at least in the Western release) in the menu, to add back the gore, or change its color or something like that. But they're not adding that in Sigma 2 (Plus) for the collection... At the same time, they said that the Switch will censor 3 Razor's Edge...
It's a weird mess of a collection, here is another excerpt from the interview with Famitsu confirming that indeed, it's gonna be the Sigma Plus versions, probably upscaled, and so graphically downgraded compared to the PS3 versions... But featuring more content (some modes, some costumes...).

« Q: Sorry about that. [laughs] The first two titles are the Sigma versions. What is the reason for this?

A: To put it simply, they are the final versions, so that’s why we picked them. There is a lot of additional content, including additional playable characters. They also include content from the Vita Sigma Plus games, as well as other aspects that we weren’t able to fully optimize at the time, and so we are making thorough adjustments this time. »

That makes it sound like they are adding content from the Vita games, and not that they are those versions. However, if they are those versions, then that blood option should be there in the setting menu still.

Thanks for posting that though, now I know to wait even for Sigma 1 just to be safe.

• Like 1

The official Twitter of TN specifically said that there wasn't an option for the gore in Sigma 2... So are we getting the Sigma 2 Plus bonus content? Who knows? Their communication is a mess, the whole thing is chaotic.
I guess it's a mix of Sigma PS3 / Vita versions for the content, only that, it's probably the assets of the Vita graphically upscaled to 4K. (Confirmed by the official footage and screenshots... if these screenshots are to be taken at face value).  It's a complete letdown indeed right now. But I guess we'll have to wait for the released game to be absolutely sure it isn't as butchered as we currently think it is.

The collection still reeks lazy as many here have pointed out. However, when it comes to Sigma 2 I personally prefer its MNM-mode over original Ninja Gaiden 2. It's the same in terms of mechanics, bosses, patterns and generall stratgies exepct they removed the bullshit endless enemy explovise spam (which was mitigated by just spammning wind path + gulitutione throw or it made some sections just straight out frustraitning). 

When it comes to the gore though it's lazy. There is a theory that the reason the removed the gore in Sigma 2 wasn't because of the japanese market but because they coulnd't utilize the cell RAM-memory structure to keep the frame rate steady (which is shit anways on a lot of sections even on the xbox 360-verision).  

If it's true that it is a port of the Vita version of Sigma 1 that can actually mean good news for us trophy hunters since you could unlock gear that made you a bit more powerfull (which is very usefull on the trails). 

I'm still sceptical about 4k/60 fps (think it's gonna dip alot in Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge; they even said they wouldnt promise a steady frame rate). I'm also sceptical about the trails being actucally doable with one person, but at least they adressed it. 

Edited by Sturmhauser

2 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Price is awesome 40€ or 50€ for deluxe edition to bad only in DD on EU and US, only JP get retail edition T____T

Not bad. It wouldn't be a Day 1 buy for me, but it's certainly better than the ridiculous price of Nocturne. 

Edited by starcrunch061

2 hours ago, EmperorZetta said:

The first NG has the original NES trilogy included. I know these trophy lists are gonna be copied from Sigma Plus but it would amuse me to no end if they added trophies for beating the NES games 1f602.png

Only the original Xbox versions of NG/NGB has the classic games.

• Like 1

On 14/3/2021 at 3:52 PM, SaintChris777 said:

Thx for the info in here. Guess I won't buy the collection. I love the series, but without the multiplayer I can't do the trials with an old body of mine. We met in Ninja Gaiden 3 and had a great co-op game history since then.

Would have loved to revisit these moments with better graphics and performance.

Maybe they change the trophies on the ps4 version, but I doubt it.

But you're '96... come on man,  don't make me feel like some ancient being.

OT: a pity, I was hoping to enter this franchise, but if the devs don't  care about the game, I certainly won't in order to plat it.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh