Hogwarts Legacy Announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

29 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

I am Ravenclaw via wizarding world ?

Nice! You get to be the smart raven :D 

5 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

That reminds me I need to set up my profile. 

Do it and share your result ? You can also make an avatar portrait thing, too! Not sure when they added it since it's been a while since I visited the site, but it's a pretty cool feature they added. I can use a cat AND a dragon in my portrait!

• Like 3

On 9/3/2022 at 4:32 AM, JavaNext said:

I dont think anybody posted this so here it is:

https://www.wizardingworld.com/legacyconnect

It's a website where you can get a couple of items for the game AND get sorted into a house, get your patronus and wand.

I got Slytherin, Black Mamba and a Yew Wand with a Unicorn core.

Pretty fun.

This is the link ^^

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Getting back on topic, I'm wondering what house ya'll are gonna choose. From what I heard, there's no sorting in the game itself but you can link your wizarding world(?) profile to import your house, wand, etc. I was watching a video that showed off each house and while each one looks beautiful, I'm really intrigued by the fact that Slytherin is beneath the lake. It's weird because blue is my favorite color, but I don't feel right for Ravenclaw. I love honey badgers but I don't feel right for Hufflepuff, either.

I've always loved Slytherin and I have no idea why. Most of 'em of jerks but there's just something so beautiful about the snake emblem and the green/silver. Every test I take always puts me in Gryffindor, though lol I honestly have no idea which one I'm going to choose... do I stay true to my test and choose the brave lion or do I go with my heart and choose the ambitious snake? 1f914.png

Slytherin. But also not wanting to but realistically being ruthless seems to be my irl style. When i did pottermore test i was hufflepuff though which i laughed at.

Slytherwin

EDIT: Got my items. Forgot my ex did my Potter thing back in the day and i was Gryffindor. Oh how my personality has changed LOL. Long as i still get to pick a house during game time idc.

Edited by Infected Elite

I got Slytherin on pottemore way back when I think. Ah, nice times where I wasn't attentive enough to notice the weird uncomfortable stuff in the books and when Rowling was still just making bizarre lore posts about how wizards (didn't) use bathrooms.

Not going to support this game, franchise, or transphobe Rowling though, easy pass.

• Like 3

Worth noting that the lead designer had to quit in 2021 after it was discovered that he ran a right wing youtube channel. Featuring some truly riveting content. "It's OK to be a gamer." "Are Thoughtcrimes becoming real?" (featuring an image of Trump, amusingly.) Etc.

One has to wonder if he wasn't the only bad egg in the company, given that the only reason he was ousted was that it was becoming a PR problem. I'm sure most of the employees are fine people, though.

• Like 3

Damn , love the mental gymnastics gamers go thogh  to not own up or feel guilty . Like , it’s totally cool of you don’t care . I’m not going to think you’re worse for buying a video game but you don’t need to justify with stupid mental gymnastics to not feel guilty . 

also lol at comparing a tv show to trans rights . 

12 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Slytherin. But also not wanting to but realistically being ruthless seems to be my irl style. When i did pottermore test i was hufflepuff though which i laughed at.

Slytherwin

EDIT: Got my items. Forgot my ex did my Potter thing back in the day and i was Gryffindor. Oh how my personality has changed LOL. Long as i still get to pick a house during game time idc.

It's a tough decision to make because you can't change it. It'll be your house through the whole game, including the common room, the aesthetic and the other students. That's funny because my best friend is a proud Hufflepuff. He had to retake the test when he made a new account and he got Slytherin. He deleted that so fast ? I still tease him about not being a true Hufflepuff and call him a Slytherinpuff haha

I wonder if our test is locked in or if we get to choose if we use the result ? That could upset a lot of folks if the test results are forced, though I don't think that'll be the case. I also wonder if we'll get to see our patronus in action. I can't remember what mine is... A stoat? Or a ferret or something, I think. I'll have to check it later.

19 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

I'd just like to point out the choice of buying the game pre-owned, it's what I've done for Ubisoft games ever since those allegations came out. (And would do for Activision Blizzard if they would release a goddamn Spyro 4.)

Could also go for rentals, which is my go to for new or new-ish games with physical releases. Been a member of Gamefly ever since I got my PS5 in 2021 and probably won't stop anytime soon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rejim said:

Seems people can't understand what is written. I was pointing out the flaw in your point. Tell me you have never bought brand clothes or eaten at a fast food...same thing. 

Also, don't get why the fuck I should feel guilty for buying a 'video game'. Should I feel guilty for buying a VW as well?

Last off topic message, it's getting ridiculous

You do realize I literally said in my original post that as a BI man I bought dragon quest and persona . 

my entire point wasn’t we shouldn’t buy these things it’s to acknowledge it and own up to it .  

And no I’m not  say you should feel guilty in implying you do. I don’t feel guilty buying the last of us but I can at least acknowledge that I bought it knowing it was made under crunch and naughty dog seemingly HQVE a problem with racism ( casting a white womanly  to play a black woman ; no black people having happy endings or surviving in both last of us games .) 

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Worth noting that the lead designer had to quit in 2021 after it was discovered that he ran a right wing youtube channel. Featuring some truly riveting content. "It's OK to be a gamer." "Are Thoughtcrimes becoming real?" (featuring an image of Trump, amusingly.) Etc.

One has to wonder if he wasn't the only bad egg in the company, given that the only reason he was ousted was that it was becoming a PR problem. I'm sure most of the employees are fine people, though.

I read through the whole thread, and didn't really want to wade into this, but you should rethink this post unless your intent was actually to question the morals/ethics of everyone there, as though they were aware of and agreed with this guy's views. Implying guilt by association in a work setting certainly doesn't make me more likely to agree with you.

Also, I don't know if you meant it this way or not (hard to tell in text), but that last sentence comes off as both glib and suspicious of a whole bunch of people you know absolutely nothing about.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thrillhelm said:

Harry Potter is too big to fail and the boycott of Hogwart's Legacy will be a drop in the bucket, in my opinion.

Majority of people won't cancel. They'll play the game. Its as if a few hundred thousand dollars spell failure for companies. Hardly. You're right, Harry Potter is too big of a franchise to fail and it'll probably be best selling game in Feb 2023 and possibly GOTY

28 minutes ago, Moridin83 said:

I read through the whole thread, and didn't really want to wade into this, but you should rethink this post unless your intent was actually to question the morals/ethics of everyone there, as though they were aware of and agreed with this guy's views.

Somehow I doubt this guy is a master of subtlety.

KIlwGMw.png

30 minutes ago, Moridin83 said:

Implying guilt by association in a work setting certainly doesn't make me more likely to agree with you.

Then disagree.

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Somehow I doubt this guy is a master of subtlety.

KIlwGMw.png

Then disagree.

On his youtube channel? No, he doesn't seem very subtle. At work? I don't know. I do doubt that everyone who worked with/for him would have been subject to him for large amount of time, or engaged deeply enough with him to really know his views on this stuff. It's not some indie studio with 5 people. My point was that suggesting everyone at the studio is suspect merely because this jerk worked there is painting with a very broad brush, and not a great look.

As for disagreeing with you? I won't do that reflexively. If other people with the same position as you (on any issue, not just this one) have valid points, I'll listen and make a decision accordingly. My point was that if you were trying to win an argument/get others to go "hey, she's got a point" this was a counterproductive way to go about it, and certainly makes me unlikely to consider your input as valid or compelling.

• Like 3

Having decked my portrait out in Slytherin gear, I ended up being sorted into Gryffindor, haha. Sparrowhawk patronus and my wand is hazel wood, 11 3/4" length, phoenix core

If the trophy list that PowerPyx has uploaded turns out to be 100% accurate, there's mention of finding map chambers as each of the houses. I'm kind of hoping that its something you can do early in game or maybe use polyjuice potion to take the form of another student as opposed to four playthroughs. Then again, maybe I'll be blown away by the game that four playthroughs is nothing and not just a slog for a trophy. I'm really hoping there's quite a bit of distinction between the houses when it comes to how the game plays out, even if things eventually funnel down the same path

• Like 1