Quick introduction if you aim for platinum

PostalDudeRus

1 hour ago, YairGOW said:

Do I need to get all scraps from places other than scavenging locations? Like camps, strongholds, etc...

BTW: great info! thanks.

You do, there's challenges that require to 100% all camps which means doing secondary things like getting all their specific scrap and insignias, that as you know, are different than scavenging locations scraps, but both are needed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I just started the game with my old save file and I noticed that it has marked convoys on most of the south area (Parch Moon to Blackmaw's), which you mentioned should not be destroyed.

Do I need to restart the whole game now? 

Noup, check post-game "Up to the Task" guide for challenge you need. I recommend not to destroy them because each convoy has specific vehicle or enemy type you can farm challenge on. But its still possible to do everything with whole map completed. Just takes more time.

19 minutes ago, guy who says bruh said:

Noup, check post-game "Up to the Task" guide for challenge you need. I recommend not to destroy them because each convoy has specific vehicle or enemy type you can farm challenge on. But its still possible to do everything with whole map completed. Just takes more time.

I see. I haven't unlocked most of the north area, so there should be enough convoys for the challenges hopefully.

I have one more issue. I try check if my old save file matches the number on location and challenges so I don't have to restart the whole thing, but even reading the Reddit post, I don't quite follow how to do it. Is there a simpler way to calculate it?

I check on my challenge page and this is what it says under challenges:

Completed: 67

Active: 38

Latest:  0

Then my statistics on Scavenging Locations Completed ( I assume that's the right one) says 85.

I might look at it completely wrong, but this is how much it confuses me. 

22 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I see. I haven't unlocked most of the north area, so there should be enough convoys for the challenges hopefully.

I have one more issue. I try check if my old save file matches the number on location and challenges so I don't have to restart the whole thing, but even reading the Reddit post, I don't quite follow how to do it. Is there a simpler way to calculate it?

I check on my challenge page and this is what it says under challenges:

Completed: 67

Active: 38

Latest:  0

Then my statistics on Scavenging Locations Completed ( I assume that's the right one) says 85.

So yeah sounds like your looking at the right part in the statistics page.

For the challenges scavenging locations is split between 4 challenges

Low Hanging Fruit for the first 5

Whats your is mine for the next 13

Picking the carcass for the next 18

Reaper of the Harvest for the final 191

So for example in your case if you have completed 85 locations you should have completed the first 3 challenges and be at 49/191 for Reaper of the harvest.

• Like 1

• There is only 1 online related trophy "Up to the Task" which is set of challenges and there is one online related challenge - earn 2000 scrap from "offline scavengers". This challenge requires for you to complete quest in Fortress to form a team of scavengers. They will farm Scrap for you when you go offline. Each big area of a map have one Fortress, if you progress through story quick enough you will build few "offline scavengers" and earn Scrap real quick.

So I can only do this and I'll be safe? I can do the rest at a later date?

33 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

On first page in Menu check stats, there is something like "total scavenging locations completed", for example is says 100.
And there is Challenge on last page in Menu says Reaper of the Harvest - 64/191.

Math is:

There are total 227 locations, and 4 separated challenges tied to these locations.

Complete 5 scavenging locations - Low Hanging Fruit

Complete 13 scavenging locations - What's Yours Is Mine

Complete 18 scavenging locations - Picking the Carcass

Complete 191 scavenging locations - Reaper of the Harvest

If your stat says 100, that means you need to 100 - (5+13+18) = 64. Means you good. If your challenge says 64/191.

4 minutes ago, OverHypedG said:
  • There is only 1 online related trophy "Up to the Task" which is set of challenges and there is one online related challenge - earn 2000 scrap from "offline scavengers". This challenge requires for you to complete quest in Fortress to form a team of scavengers. They will farm Scrap for you when you go offline. Each big area of a map have one Fortress, if you progress through story quick enough you will build few "offline scavengers" and earn Scrap real quick.

So I can only do this and I'll be safe? I can do the rest at a later date?

You can, but I wouldn't recommend it, because if some challenge will glitch it will lock out of platinum completely.

Edited by guy who says bruh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

I've been playing the game on and off for 5 years, stopping because it's just boring. Anyway, I'm at 189/191 in the Legend menu and at 225 scavenging locations in the stats menu, but can only find one more scav location on the map? I'm at the beginning of Act 3. Anything come up later that I just can't access now?

189 + 36 = 225. You good. Did you upgraded all fortresses? There is upgrade that reveals all scavenger locations.

By the way if you die during yr play yr afraid to count on death player statistics or trigger the glitch just close the game & then enter.

I have a question if I die during one of my challenges such as the one related to the storm that I completed & the bar showed me that I completed it then I quit the game then enter any glitch will I face?!

I just have a few easy races left, before obtaining the platinum, and have some corrections to your post.

You can freely destroy all convoys, except for the ones in Pink Eyes territory.

You need to kill 15 enemies passively with the spikes on your car, for the "Stick It To Ya" challenge.

The boarding vehicles required for this are rare in Jeet and Gutgash area, but frequent in Pink Eyes territory.

You can also lower the threat to 0 freely (obviously near 0 in Pink Eyes territory, with active convoys), which will make everything else easier for you.

The other challenges you should be focused on, are the storm challenges (get crates in the storm, kill guys in the storm, kill 3 vehicles in the storm and kill 1 vehicle with a specific archangel) + the kill 8 guys in a fury rage challenge, which is good to aim for whenever there's many enemies around you.

I got it on the bridge camp in Pink Eyes territory, but it's also easy to get at the end of chapter 3 or post game.

For the specific vehicle kills, it's easy to do in the races. Another method is to spawn an enemy vehicle from the stronghold, and use the flaregun to spawn Magnus Opus and kill the enemy vehicle.

Edit: btw zero crashes and bugs encountered in 50 hours of play.

Every collectible is found and registered correctly, even when dying at scavenging locations and camps.

Edited by janzor88
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Can i die during the storyline and before completing scavenging locations? My gosh this is ridiculous.

Yes, of course.

The problems encountered are highly exaggerated, after all the patches.

Just check once in a while, that the game statistics page corresponds with the legends scavenger challenge.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, guy who says bruh said:

189 + 36 = 225. You good. Did you upgraded all fortresses? There is upgrade that reveals all scavenger locations.

2 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Have the survey crews for all forts and manually verified all of the locations in Chum's territory and I can only find the one more.

The other scavenging location I was looking for was covered by another map icon that was too close to it. I was freaking out, but now I'm good.

21 hours ago, FeelsBlankMan said:

So yeah sounds like your looking at the right part in the statistics page.

For the challenges scavenging locations is split between 4 challenges

Low Hanging Fruit for the first 5

Whats your is mine for the next 13

Picking the carcass for the next 18

Reaper of the Harvest for the final 191

So for example in your case if you have completed 85 locations you should have completed the first 3 challenges and be at 49/191 for Reaper of the harvest.

I think I finally figure it out, I went to the Wasteland section and finally saw the challenges that were mentioned. From the math I did, I'm apparently on the right track so at least I don't have to play the game from the beginning.

I'm still nervous going after this platinum, cause it's unclear what I can and cannot to lol.