GTA:Online General Discussion

Sly Ripper

i finally had the cutscene which made me pretty much excited. got a trophy and I saw the startpoint of the race ... and then, there was nothing lol 

I'm going over to more interesting fun on GTA like collecting spaceship parts. Someone has to do that job too :P

• Like 2

This is what today was all about. Stress testing the servers. They knew a lot of people would be trying to get on - but there's no way they could know exactly how many [We're talking about a relatively worldwide thing here, multiple time zones, with people going to work and school, or getting home at differing times.]

You have to remember - internal testing {Which is what this just came out of] is maybe a few hundred people at most. They don't know what their servers are capable of doing until the game launches - it's the same for any big, online game [iE: Diablo 3 and Final Fantasy XIV].

@Mem - The delay between SP and MP had nothing to do with this. GTAO is, essentially, a separate game. The delay was so they could work on that and get it finished. Even if they had released it with GTA V, this would still be happening.

It'll all be fixed within the next few days if it isn't sorted by the end of today. It requires patience, and communication with Rockstar - let them know any troubles/bugs that pop up [Other than what they clearly already know]. This is pretty much a beta test, though it's not officially being called one.

• Like 2

Any1 managed to play?

Me everytime im trying to play i have to make new char and after cutscene i cant do anything...

And sometimes my ps3 freezes so i have to make hard reset. Amy1 else encountered such problem??

I don't even get to this mythical cutscene people keep going on about.

• Like 1

This is what today was all about. Stress testing the servers. They knew a lot of people would be trying to get on - but there's no way they could know exactly how many [We're talking about a relatively worldwide thing here, multiple time zones, with people going to work and school, or getting home at differing times.]You have to remember - internal testing {Which is what this just came out of] is maybe a few hundred people at most. They don't know what their servers are capable of doing until the game launches - it's the same for any big, online game [iE: Diablo 3 and Final Fantasy XIV].@Mem - The delay between SP and MP had nothing to do with this. GTAO is, essentially, a separate game. The delay was so they could work on that and get it finished. Even if they had released it with GTA V, this would still be happening.It'll all be fixed within the next few days if it isn't sorted by the end of today. It requires patience, and communication with Rockstar - let them know any troubles/bugs that pop up [Other than what they clearly already know]. This is pretty much a beta test, though it's not officially being called one.

You work for rockstar, don't you? ;0)

• Like 1

I found this on another site thought it was quite funny 

"With Grand Theft Auto Online, Rockstar Games is looking to bring the heart of the playstation 3 experience to a living, offline world, with zero players. Just what you choose to do in that world is up to the server stability.

The game combines a persistent and continually expanding world, full of error messages.

With a wide array of redesigned mechanics and a huge range of both structured and unstructured error messages for you to read. After you fly into Los Santos, you're introduced a race with zero opportunities for earning money and spending time with any of your friends

Having bad experences, and getting into trouble. You can run around on your own, run around some more and run around a little bit more, or band together and form a lonely ego crew. Then tackle a bug, rob a pet, or compete in classic release day issues."

• Like 3

I have no real intentions of touching the online for at least a week. I hope that by then at least some of the online issues will be fixed because since release even the SP portion for the Social Club has been pretty iffy. I had no delusions that this would work, even at a 50% level, on Day 1. Too many variables that needed to be accounted for and two weeks of delay was obviously not long enough.

Think about it: only today, after two weeks, released a patch to prevent a car/garage glitch that was, iirc, apparent on Day 1. That should have been fixed within a week of release, along with a few other of the glitches, but they were probably too busy believing their servers would handle millions of people logging in on the same day. Diablo III redux.

I just hope my SP save file hasn't been corrupted. Too many reports of that happening and I'm worried of even playing my game offline due to auto-patch with Plus. Sigh.