Playstation Network Ban

xVolloxx

I also just got banned for having a "sexually Offensive" BALLZ_ARE_SOAR name. Only good thing is they transfered my purchases to a generated account. Bad part is 175 plats and my friendslist is gone. Along with my DCUO account which had hundreds of dollars and hours in it.

I cant remember everyone that was on my FL so if you were just send a friend request New PSN ID - Plataclysm

• Like 1

I also just got banned for having a "sexually Offensive" BALLZ_ARE_SOAR name. Only good thing is they transfered my purchases to a generated account. Bad part is 175 plats and my friendslist is gone. Along with my DCUO account which had hundreds of dollars and hours in it.

I cant remember everyone that was on my FL so if you were just send a friend request New PSN ID - Plataclysm

Your name came to mind when I first read this thread BALLZ. 175 Plats is a bitter pill to swallow.

On the upside, the new ID (Plataclysm) is great and though it's not a major consolation, you can more or less start over for PS4.

• Like 2

Your name came to mind when I first read this thread BALLZ. 175 Plats is a bitter pill to swallow.

On the upside, the new ID (Plataclysm) is great and though it's not a major consolation, you can more or less start over for PS4.

yea, when i first seen this thread i was worried as well but i figured its been 4 years maybe they dont find it offensivebut i guess not lol. My biggest problem is just the stuff i cant redo due to servers closed or some of the games that take way too long to do over again like quantum theory, fear2, stormrise and games like that.

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, man. I've seen this happen to someone else on my friends list with Playstation EU but for a different reason. Like in your situation, there was no compromise or real chance for them to appeal and ultimately he lost all of his trophies and purchases. I told'em that he should have sued over the latter. Sony shouldn't be able to just take away all of your purchases regardless of what they banned you of.

I propose that Sony tie trophies and purchases to email accounts (and even a backup email account for security purposes), so in the case of something like this a new username can be transferred to that email address so nothing critical is lost. Either that or just allow user names to not be permanent and be changed by the user at anytime.

• Like 2

I heard this through the grapevine.... what terrible news B. So many people who know you describe you as one of the nicest dude's on PSN and I can't argue. If there is one hint of a silver lining in this, its that you now have one of the most solid PSN ID's I've seen :).

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, man. I've seen this happen to someone else on my friends list with Playstation EU but for a different reason. Like in your situation, there was no compromise or real chance for them to appeal and ultimately he lost all of his trophies and purchases. I told'em that he should have sued over the latter. Sony shouldn't be able to just take away all of your purchases regardless of what they banned you of.

I propose that Sony tie trophies and purchases to email accounts (and even a backup email account for security purposes), so in the case of something like this a new username can be transferred to that email address so nothing critical is lost. Either that or just allow user names to not be permanent and be changed by the user at anytime.

They transfered my purchases to an account sm082705 thats messed up thatthey wouldnt at least give your friend his purchases. I dont think i could sue them cause in their tos it says you can use offensive names or something like that.

I heard this through the grapevine.... what terrible news B. So many people who know you describe you as one of the nicest dude's on PSN and I can't argue. If there is one hint of a silver lining in this, its that you now have one of the most solid PSN ID's I've seen :).

lol thanx, I like the new name but id love it more if they transferred my trophies over to this one. Ima redo some of the stuff I had on my account but some of that stuff is just not happening again lol.

Edited by BALLZ
  • Like 1

They transfered my purchases to an account sm082705 thats messed up thatthey wouldnt at least give your friend his purchases. I dont think i could sue them cause in their tos it says you can use offensive names or something like that.

That still doesn't give them the right to take away all the digital content someone spent their money on. Just like they couldn't come to your home and take all your retail games for violating their tos...they shouldn't be able to do that either. Regardless, they benefited from the person spending real money on the content and they are 2 completely different issues.

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1

Holy hell man.  I've seen your progress from so long ago and just out of nowhere, bam.   That's a huge load of horse shit especially since you have so many plats that cannot be redone.  

The irony would be if the person you got the title from (FNR4 I think?)  when you changed your name for him punching you in the balls was the one that did this...just trying to make light of a ridiculously horrible situation and the fact that you've had the name for 4 FREAKING YEARS  :facepalm:

Liking the new one though and here's to a speedy recovery!  :jaymon:

• Like 2

That still doesn't give them the right to take away all the digital content someone spent their money on. Just like they couldn't come to your home and take all your retail games for violating their tos...they shouldn't be able to do that either. Regardless, they benefited from the person spending real money on the content and they are 2 completely different issues.

I agree with you, i just dont think id win but ima ask a lawer what they think and if he or she thinks id win maybe i can become a Millionaire :jaymon:

Holy hell man.  I've seen your progress from so long ago and just out of nowhere, bam.   That's a huge load of horse shit especially since you have so many plats that cannot be redone.  

The irony would be if the person you got the title from (FNR4 I think?)  when you changed your name for him punching you in the balls was the one that did this...just trying to make light of a ridiculously horrible situation and the fact that you've had the name for 4 FREAKING YEARS  :facepalm:

Liking the new one though and here's to a speedy recovery!  :jaymon:

lol ty, and na it wasnt him lol lets see how long it takes to hit 175 again :jaymon:

• Like 2

I agree with you, i just dont think id win but ima ask a lawer what they think and if he or she thinks id win maybe i can become a Millionaire :jaymon:

lol ty, and na it wasnt him lol lets see how long it takes to hit 175 again :jaymon:

That or at least be reimbursed the overall value of all the purchases you've made during the lifetime of the account

• Like 2

I just read this entire thread and I have to say that as much as I have been a Sony fan, their stubbornness on the inability to change the name of your account or upgrade it from sub to master is infuriating and ridiculous. With all modern technology DONT TELL ME YOU CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIX THIS!!! I'm really sorry Bolloxx. I don't find your name offensive in the slightest. I have seen a trillion worse names and even those don't offend me. Rather they are amusing. I've never heard of such a shitty situation like this. I send my regards.

• Like 3

It's not surprising that accounts with slang for testicles were deemed inappropriate. I mean, seriously, you can't have the name "balls are sore" and think that it'd be ok. Bolloxx is a bit tamer, but it's still slang. It's pretty messed up you guys got a permaban though, you'd think they'd just let you change your name.

It's not surprising that accounts with slang for testicles were deemed inappropriate. I mean, seriously, you can't have the name "balls are sore" and think that it'd be ok. Bolloxx is a bit tamer, but it's still slang. It's pretty messed up you guys got a permaban though, you'd think they'd just let you change your name.

I can agree with that but the consequences don't match the offense. I don't think a person's trophy history and transactions should be taken away because of an inappropriate username. Maybe a temporary ban from online or some type of warning which would allow the person to change their username like you were saying.

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1

On Miiverse you can banned for saying nice things to women or females as it's considered stalking. Sony are more relaxed.

^crazy shit. Nintendo should go watch 4chan or imgur's comment section sometimes. Saying nice thing to females is one of the milder things that happens there xD.

I can agree with that but the consequences don't match the offense. I don't think a person's trophy history and transactions should be taken away because of an inappropriate username.

Maybe a temporary ban from online or some type of warning which would allow the person to change their username like you were saying.

That's really the key issue here - the punishment doesn't fit the crime and Sony isn't offering a solution to such an obvious problem.

lol thanx, I like the new name but id love it more if they transferred my trophies over to this one. Ima redo some of the stuff I had on my account but some of that stuff is just not happening again lol.

Again, an obvious problem without a solution. It can be done (transfer trophies to another account), but not by Sony...if you catch my drift.

Plenty of guys within the trophy hacking community have done just this after their original accounts were banned, but it's risky and can easily get your new account and console ID blacklisted.

It's a question of risk vs reward and I admit that I'd be tempted if Sony just trashed 175 of my Plats with no way to restore them. Either that or I'd give up trophies completely....no wonder your balls are sore after Sony just kicked you squarely in the nuts.

• Like 2

That's really the key issue here - the punishment doesn't fit the crime and Sony isn't offering a solution to such an obvious problem.

Again, an obvious problem without a solution. It can be done (transfer trophies to another account), but not by Sony...if you catch my drift.

Plenty of guys within the trophy hacking community have done just this after their original accounts were banned, but it's risky and can easily get your new account and console ID blacklisted.

It's a question of risk vs reward and I admit that I'd be tempted if Sony just trashed 175 of my Plats with no way to restore them. Either that or I'd give up trophies completely....no wonder your balls are sore after Sony just kicked you squarely in the nuts.

I get what your saying but ive always been against hacks and id never destroy my reputation on it as tempting as it is lol. Ill redo some of my games and keep moving foward.

I get what your saying but ive always been against hacks and id never destroy my reputation on it as tempting as it is lol. Ill redo some of my games and keep moving foward.

I've heard of your plight my friend, and to make you feel better, I've decided that I will no longer hound your sister. (she was totally into me though, and I knew I had a chance.) 

I'm gutted for you fella, but pleased to see that you are taking it with your usual happy go lucky attitude.

RIP - My imaginary relationship with SisterBallz - 26-11-13

• Like 2

It's definitely a moral dilemma. I think it's a slippery slope once anyone heads down that path and it's not something that's easily done. It'd need the assistance of an expert-level hacker, and they're more or less our mortal enemies. In practical terms, there's no real alternative than starting again, which sucks the big one. 

I mentioned earlier in the thread that we should petition Sony for Nicknames on Western accounts (Japanese users have them) to avoid such a scenario in the future. We can do it on Steam and XBL, why not the PSN?

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1

FUUUUCK man I feel like crying for you ;( If I was you I'd hack the plats back, you've already earned them legit, so you're literally taking back what's yours, I say hacking back like it's easy thing, in reality I'd have no fucking clue where to start, honestly though if anyone is allowed to hack plats here, it's you >.< still though, Sony being a bunch of incompetent assholes once again. If you want some extra friends on your FL add me ;P 

• Like 1

Here's an existing suggestion on the Playstation Share Blog - http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/rename-psn-or-transfer-information-to-new-psn/

We can either piggyback on this thread and upvote the shit out of it, or start another similar thread for account renames / nicknames. Either way, unless we pull together as a gaming community and make some noise about it, Sony won't lift a finger to solve the problem.

• Like 2

Also heard about this from Juzam, really shitty situation, especially since they aren't really in the wrong, but they could be more considerate for someone with so much PS time invested.

Glad you don't seem too phased by it though and are ready to move on and just start again right away! Good for you!

Good luck building your account back up c:

Edited by Blazikiller
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...