Has this been delisted?

flashpool23

On 11/8/2020 at 11:05 AM, Cravinovv said:

I do not know for a fact, but I played all four games recently back to back and I can tell you Goodbye Deponia had a moment in it that made practically jump because it was shockingly racist. The kind of thing I expected to see in early 90's as a bit more 'harmless risque humor' but not a 2013 game. It is reasonable to believe with Sony's stance on BLM that they removed the game from the store prematurely so that it wouldn't come up to haunt them later. That is just speculation on my part.

On 11/8/2020 at 5:15 PM, flashpool23 said:

I think your point makes the most sense, although not confirmed. The games are on sale again for even lower now too at about $1.29 so it could be that they all might leave soon as well. Either way, I appreciate your input since I had no knowledge about it and just thought of it as random (which could still be the case) but there doesn't seem to be a point in playing the other games if one is missing. I know they're sold in other regions but the price compared to what it's on sale for doesn't seem worth it.

Recently bought all 3 games because of how dirt cheap they are just out of curiosity and platinum the first one. I definitely agree with the first statement above on the realistic reason why it was de-listed and what I figured happened. Generally had no knowledge of it so it's good to get some context onto why. From what I have played so far, the game has some hit and miss charm too it. Will probably play the second one. Note sure if I want to go out of my way to get the last of the trilogy, not that invested to get it physically of pay a lot for it digitally. Most likely will YouTube the ending if invested lol.

Also from what I have been hearing about the Doomsday, people generally say to skip that one because has nothing to do with the story, alternate what if route, and from the stuff I have heard from it, yeah, I will probably do that lol so deleted and into the digital folder you shall go in.

6 hours ago, Alufeii said:

Recently bought all 3 games because of how dirt cheap they are just out of curiosity and platinum the first one. I definitely agree with the first statement above on the realistic reason why it was de-listed and what I figured happened. Generally had no knowledge of it so it's good to get some context onto why. From what I have played so far, the game has some hit and miss charm too it. Will probably play the second one. Note sure if I want to go out of my way to get the last of the trilogy, not that invested to get it physically of pay a lot for it digitally. Most likely will YouTube the ending if invested lol.

Also from what I have been hearing about the Doomsday, people generally say to skip that one because has nothing to do with the story, alternate what if route, and from the stuff I have heard from it, yeah, I will probably do that lol so deleted and into the digital folder you shall go in.

I believe it’s still on the HK store if you want to go that route

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 2:26 AM, Carbon_Lancer said:

I believe it’s still on the HK store if you want to go that route

Thanks for the suggestion and will keep that in mind if I really want to complete the trilogy. To be honest though, I have no real desire or interest as of the moment in terms of narrative. Maybe if I want to add two more easy platinum's but I am in no rush.

Edited by Alufeii
yes

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/1/2021 at 11:49 AM, jdumalagan24 said:

quick question when you buy this game on psn hk its still english right?

Most of the time, yes it is. Goodbye Deponia is actually available across Asian PlayStation Stores, not just Hong Kong. :)

On 5/20/2021 at 4:19 AM, Squarevii87 said:

Seems like the game is back on ps store but there is no option to buy it

No, not yet.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 28/01/2021 at 2:35 PM, Fleks_Mhteam said:

Yeah and in the Netherlands everybody wears wooden shoes, cultivates tulips and smokes pot all day long... Lets open all those fancy stereotype bins

Why not smoke the tulips instead?

On 01/05/2021 at 0:49 AM, jdumalagan24 said:

quick question when you buy this game on psn hk its still english right?

HK had the best PSN store. They explain in detail what region the game is. Even for their PS3 store, they have almost all games available in multiple regions.

On 08/11/2020 at 10:02 PM, Cravinovv said:

It's a shame because they were a fun experience overall. The controversy aside, the third game was a lot of fun. You can be thankful you don't have to tackle platinuming the fourth though as it has the worst trophy I ever encountered in a game and the worst trophy I ever achieved on my list.

And what trophy is that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is on sale again until December 21th on HK PSN, does anyone knows a good way to get credit on that store? I tried paypal but can't add it to the account due to some country check and also can't use the credit card due to same reason =/ the smaller gift card I found at playasia is HK$80 which is totally overkill since I just need 7.80 for this game. Any tips?

1 hour ago, Pauloxzak said:

It is on sale again until December 21th on HK PSN

It's on sale in Malaysia store as well. I think is cheaper than HK Store (RM 3.90). No idea how to buy from those stores, though.

Edited by GireyDer
I wrote wrong the name of the country LOL.

• 2 months later...
On 29/11/2022 at 2:07 PM, Pauloxzak said:

It is on sale again until December 21th on HK PSN, does anyone knows a good way to get credit on that store? I tried paypal but can't add it to the account due to some country check and also can't use the credit card due to same reason =/ the smaller gift card I found at playasia is HK$80 which is totally overkill since I just need 7.80 for this game. Any tips?

my tip is this: I felt the same way like you that I only needed a few $$ for a game I wanted from their store. With a bit more research however, I ended up getting multiple $80 digital keys, not just one. Their store is FILLED with PS3's PSN exclusive games that have been DELISTED in the West and elsewhere.

When I say PS3's PSN exclusives, and not just PS3 exclusives, I mean not only that these games can't be found on Steam or other platforms, but that they don't exist in physical Blu ray disc either.

I can give you a list of those games if you're interested.

Edited by StarFoxMania
a few typos

On 2/25/2023 at 10:57 AM, StarFoxMania said:

I can give you a list of those games if you're interested.

Definitely interested, I did search around and discover the Dead or Alive volleyball game which is also exclusive and was planning on getting that, but a list with more of them would be awesome!

1 hour ago, Pauloxzak said:

Definitely interested, I did search around and discover the Dead or Alive volleyball game which is also exclusive and was planning on getting that, but a list with more of them would be awesome!

Did you mean Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Scarlet/Fortune? If yes, both games are still available for purchase on Asian PlayStation Stores.

11 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Did you mean Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Scarlet/Fortune? If yes, both games are still available for purchase on Asian PlayStation Stores.

Yes, they are not on the US or Brazilian stores though so that's why I mentioned them, I'd be getting them with that HK store credit.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/29/2022 at 7:07 PM, Pauloxzak said:

It is on sale again until December 21th on HK PSN, does anyone knows a good way to get credit on that store? I tried paypal but can't add it to the account due to some country check and also can't use the credit card due to same reason...

I used to have the same problems with regards to 'foreign' PSN storefronts because of the top up problem... until I gave PlayAsia a go.  Other stores were much of a hassle, even a UK-based one where we have to call them to confirm our PayPal account which felt a bit like a scam and were kind of dodgy.  Been buying with the HK based online games store since October 2021 (for JP US HK and AU PSN cards) and never had any problems with credits not working, they always did come in immediately.

I would advice though to ALWAYS turn the 'Save PayPal info for future purchases🔲OFF as it seems to be set to ON⏹️ by default.  I do not know why websites have to do this and we should make it a habit not to leave our payment details on foreign webstores, especially with our debit or credit cards.  This ON/OFF tab can be found next to the PAYPAL payment button, for new comers this will not be obvious so keep an eye for it.

Also do not use the Pay Later feature on this website as we can end up getting a 'pending payment' (double charged with one going through and the other stuck at pending) when it gets processed again by the app or website. If we have big purchases over £100 (£30 would be enough to apply for this) and wish to spread it out, just use the in-app or website Pay Later feature and not the button in the PlayAsia website.

We will have to register at least a mobile or phone number when we register with them and an e-mail for 2FA when we log-in. We use a burner phone at home with a junk pre-paid number that we give away to stores for purposes like this.  I advice others to make this SOP so our personal numbers will remain unknown to cold callers.

Other than these two CART features in the webstore - ON/OFF saving payment details and Pay Later options, the website is fine.  I am sure a lot of others in here use the website for foreign PSN credits.

https://www.play-asia.com/

Hope this helps.

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated in any way with PlayAsia or PayPal.  Just a happy and contented regular customer.

Edited by Eispan
Happy New Year folks!

• 2 weeks later...