(PS3) Servers rental feature not working?

Ghanupher

Hi! I was under the impression that the only change in the game was that "Test Your Mettle" was about to become unobtainable after December 31st, but to my surprise, I've seen reports of people not being able to play on a rented server (you could rent it, but I would not allow you to play with it).

Did this feature got cut out of the game for good? Because the past week I've seen a few "rented servers" on the lobbies' matchmaking, so I wouldn't know what's happening.

Can someone confirm it got canned or not?

Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, HYSTERIA_XCVI said:

I talked with EA Support Monday, and they did pull the support of Server Rentals. If you spent money on it please contact Sony to get a refund!

Not really, they said the same thing to my boosting partner. The truth is the rentals are glitchy at the moment, you pay and sometimes (more than 50%) it doesn't give you access to the server.

We were almost ending our boosting when it started to happen. Our solution was just to try on different days, sometimes it would succeed, when it didn't we just contacted support and they refunded (but do that by your own risk lol).

• Like 1

I contacted an EA advisor this morning on the chat, he said that he will send the issue for the Team to be investigated.

I will put the conversation bellow for anyone that is interested in reading it.

Gautam: Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Gautam, may I start with your first name please?

Visitor: Hello, my name is James.

Gautam: Hello James, it is my pleasure to chat with you.

Gautam: How can I help?

Visitor: I' m in a Playstation group of Battlefield Hardline players on Playstation 3 and there's been a problem since about a month ago with the server rental system. All players who have tried to rent a server cannot access it. The game takes the money out of the account when renting a server but when trying to access the server, this message appears "An error occurred while retrieving your items. please retry the action or contact EA customer support".

Gautam: Not being able to access rental server after being charged can be upsetting, I am here to help.

Gautam: Please share your PSN ID.

Visitor: I didn't tried to rent a server myself, but this issue happens to all other players who tried recently.

Gautam: Oh! No worries.

Gautam: I will reported this issue to our team that the rental servers are causing issue. Our game team will look into the details and will update via in-game notification or twitter once they are able to confirm the issue in the game. So please do not worry about it.

Visitor: Thanks very much, just one more thing there is already a topic created in Answers HQ about this issue, here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-Hardline/Trying-to-rent-a-server/m-p/9597412#M20448 Can you tell an EA community manager to answer this topic to keep all the players informed?

Gautam: Sure, I will note that too. We are dedicated to fix our players issues and please be assured about it. Issues like these arise at times due to some bugs, I will not miss any chance to get this looked into. Our game team also believes that these issues spoil the fun of the game and we never want it for you.

Visitor: Thank you for the help and for understanding.

Gautam: Absolutely my pleasure. Thanks again for contacting EA Help. Have a great day!
Edited by Wakayama_PT
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some friends and I tried to rent servers today, but we always got the same error. There were 6 1-day server rental attempts in different regions (East America, Europe and Australia) and no server was provided. :(

If there is someone who has a server that is about to expire and does not want to renew because their boosting is over, please contact me.

We have tried renting a server from the North American Store and nothing. Same damn mistake, they don't give us the server and they take our money.

Also, we tried to extend the server provided to me by a player who finished his trophies and it didn't work either (I'll have to claim 7€ from Sony). This shit has us totally baffled.

Edited by JorgeSleep

This is unfortunate, but I do want to add that this behaviour did happen before for me in Battlefield 3, 4 and 1.  Seems that it's not just on Hardline servers and I did get a refund and in two cases they extended my rental by an extra week when it messed up.

Just keep persevering, get it done.

• 3 weeks later...

Intermittent.    I attempted 3 times, took my money and no server.   I contacted Sony and they provided a refund.  EA says they do not support rented servers.  My friend attempted to rent one, same issue, then tried again and got one. 

Seems spotty at best

Here is the EA server status page:

https://help.ea.com/en/battlefield/battlefield-hardline/

you can still play when the PS3 shows down, but it appears you cannot rent one when they are down.  Just a thought.  best of luck all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With the recent confirmation of the PlayStation Store closing across all legacy platforms, you will no longer be able to purchase DLC for Battlefield Hardline on PS3. I'm here to point out that this includes purchasing and renewing rental servers. Three months at the most after the PS3 closure set for July 2nd should you purchase 90 days rent just beforehand, I'm afraid boosting the multiplayer trophies especially the 10,000 Agent Kill trophies is going to become either very difficult to manage or non existent. By October the only server to choose from will be EA / Visceral's Official Servers, even the remaining dedicated playerbase on PS3 will no longer experience "24/7 Conquest Downtown" or "Blood Money The Block No Kill" servers either.

Time to get serious about boosting those kills if you haven't already... *nervous laughter*

Edited by Slim Vanilla
  • Like 1

I’m also here to provide a tiny glimmer of relief. For those of you that thought the only way to access DLC maps is via rented servers that is not the case.

if you have 4 players that all have the dlc you can find empty official servers for these maps and modes. If you change your server browser filter to show empty servers they should show up. 

The drawback here is that you will NOT be able to control for randoms any longer. As slim mentioned the current methods for quickly boosting the kills are really only effective on rented servers.

Lastly concerning these rented servers, they are VERY touch and go. The service is very picky on when it decides to recognize a purchase. Once you rent a server once though, extending is more reliable than getting a brand new one. 

I have about 27k more kills to go on the PS3 version. I haven’t decided on boosting it yet as I did the ps4 version legit. I can also answer other questions about the game too. 

Edited by greenkaos1226
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, AN0n1m8 said:

does this work? i want to self-boost with 4 ps3

yup but its buggy sometimes you pay for rental server & it will work sometimes not its a coin flips , yeah you can boost with 4 players .

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2021 at 0:58 PM, G2F4U said:

Can anybody confirm that it doesn't work anymore? I want to start BF:H on Ps3 and self-boost it. If it doesn't work anymore, i think i won't be going for it. 

Listen in BF4 is almost the same problem. What I did in BF4 is rent only 1 day (This is a experimente until EA give a server so I do not waste money) and I did in the first time. Then I renew the contract for 1 week. Game sucks because it tells you no content is available so is just luck (Exit the game or go to a server and then comeback to rent)

How many PS3 do you have? I will try to rent only 1 day to see if it works.

• 1 month later...

Ps3 server rentals work - things have changed since the 2020 posts. You need now need money currently in your PSN store wallet and still be need to purchase a server from the in-game menu. A few things - if I enter that menu and back out to view other things on the game, going back in gives me a store error message. So exit the game wait a little while, maybe 15 minutes or so, and go back in the game and try again. Second thing is I once purchased a server and the loading spin icon never went away. I had to close the game and when I got back in, no rented server was there- it appeared again around 15 minutes later. During that time I lightly got mad and panicked noticing I was charged. In the end it was all good to go. 8)