Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes

I think this looks like it'll be my favourite entry in the franchise so far it looks like a mix of a horror movie called The Descent and one called As Above So Below. The statue in the trailer is an exact representation of the Pazuzu demon from The Exorcist (1973) movie too. I wonder if it is just a nod to that or if it plants itself directly in the Exorcist mythology.

14 hours ago, Batmannequin said:

Kinda gives me vibes of the opening to The Excorcist

Yeah I think this will go down that path. The opening line mention about believing God or not.

Satan. But with what’s going on with the series so far, it’ll probably be

just hallucinations brought on via PTSD.

Edited by KHDelBoy

I know they're trying to do 8 of these and supposedly they're supposed to be 'different kinds of horror' or something like that - I feel like I'd appreciate them trying something outside of the box. The biggest complaint I have for Little Hope is the replayability - just didn't feel worth it to find all of the endings and such, so I just hope that next time they really go all-in on the story and the branching paths. I didn't mind the way that Little Hope storytelling went in terms of pacing and such, but at least for Man of Medan and Little Hope, I feel like everything is building up to something until the end and then all of a sudden there's this 'twist' that makes everything more 'real.' Both MoM and LH felt a bit underwhelming because of those twists. I feel like that's a bit different than the Until Dawn formula with the whole Wendigo. I hope they don't box themselves into this idea of 'horror' turn psychological thriller with some weird twist like MoM and Little Hope. I don't need a horror game to be grounded in reality all of the time.