Astray404

Any beat em up games recommendation? (On PS4)

14 posts in this topic

I've tried God of War 3, God of War (4), Bayonetta (really love this game and fortunately the trophy list does not force me to have plat rank on all levels), Guacamelee, and Strider. I'm not good at platformer games, so are there any similar games that are heavily action focused?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me i'd say Fate Extella is very fun. Phantom Breaker BattleGround Overdrive is a 2D beat em up. Senran Kagura.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you liked Strider then you'll probably like Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night since that's also a Metroidvania made by the guy who did the original Castlevania games. There's also River City Girls. You will need two controllers to Plat it though since there's no online co-op but the co-op trophies aren't difficult.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

If you liked Strider then you'll probably like Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night since that's also a Metroidvania made by the guy who did the original Castlevania games. There's also River City Girls. You will need two controllers to Plat it though since there's no online co-op but the co-op trophies aren't difficult.

So Ritual of the Night is more like metroidvania, and Curse of the Moon / Curse of the Moon 2 are more like old Castlevania games?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Astray404 said:

So Ritual of the Night is more like metroidvania, and Curse of the Moon / Curse of the Moon 2 are more like old Castlevania games?

 

Yes, though I haven't played those myself so I don't know what else to say about them other than I know one of them has an option to where you can turn off the knockback when getting hit which makes it easier. But if you want that classic Castlevania style game then those two definitely seem like they would be the go-to games for that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

 

Yes, though I haven't played those myself so I don't know what else to say about them other than I know one of them has an option to where you can turn off the knockback when getting hit which makes it easier. But if you want that classic Castlevania style game then those two definitely seem like they would be the go-to games for that.

wow what a friendly option

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try this one:

 

wOshvDu.jpg

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Astray404 said:

I've tried God of War 3, God of War (4), Bayonetta (really love this game and fortunately the trophy list does not force me to have plat rank on all levels), Guacamelee, and Strider. I'm not good at platformer games, so are there any similar games that are heavily action focused?

 

 

God of War and Bayonetta are not beat-em-up's, they're hack-and-slash games.

 

Some good hack-and-slash games for PS4 are Onechanbara Z2: Chaos and Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Shinovi Versus - the prequel to Estival Versus - is necessary to understand the story, but it's not as good of a game). Metal Gear Rising for PS3 is great game, but be warned that the platinum trophy is very difficult. I have heard that Ben 10 Omniverse for PS3 is also fun, but haven't played it yet.

 

If you are actually looking for a beat-em-up game, Double Dragon Neon for PS3 is fun. No platinum though IIRC.

Edited by yuber1234
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott Pilgrim vs The World supposedly comes out on PS4 later this year, I'd say go for that one.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not on PS4 but I assume its on PS Now.. Asura's Wrath.

 

Asura's Wrath is a goddamn masterpiece.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might not be exactly what you are looking for as it s a 2D Beat ‘Em Up but totally worth giving a try at least: Bud Spencer & Terence Hill: Slaps and Beans

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took a look at your profile and see you don't have Croixleur Sigma on there.

 

 

Its a fairly decent Beat-em up that I found thoroughly entertaining. Pretty easy/medium skill platinum. Has a bit of challenge, but I was able to get it in a couple of days, so it couldn't be that hard!

 

Edit: Its also on PSNow if you have that.

 

Edited by kingjavs
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.