Any beat em up games recommendation? (On PS4)

Astray404

I've tried God of War 3, God of War (4), Bayonetta (really love this game and fortunately the trophy list does not force me to have plat rank on all levels), Guacamelee, and Strider. I'm not good at platformer games, so are there any similar games that are heavily action focused?

• Like 1

If you liked Strider then you'll probably like Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night since that's also a Metroidvania made by the guy who did the original Castlevania games. There's also River City Girls. You will need two controllers to Plat it though since there's no online co-op but the co-op trophies aren't difficult.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

If you liked Strider then you'll probably like Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night since that's also a Metroidvania made by the guy who did the original Castlevania games. There's also River City Girls. You will need two controllers to Plat it though since there's no online co-op but the co-op trophies aren't difficult.

So Ritual of the Night is more like metroidvania, and Curse of the Moon / Curse of the Moon 2 are more like old Castlevania games?

Just now, Astray404 said:

So Ritual of the Night is more like metroidvania, and Curse of the Moon / Curse of the Moon 2 are more like old Castlevania games?

Yes, though I haven't played those myself so I don't know what else to say about them other than I know one of them has an option to where you can turn off the knockback when getting hit which makes it easier. But if you want that classic Castlevania style game then those two definitely seem like they would be the go-to games for that.

2 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Yes, though I haven't played those myself so I don't know what else to say about them other than I know one of them has an option to where you can turn off the knockback when getting hit which makes it easier. But if you want that classic Castlevania style game then those two definitely seem like they would be the go-to games for that.

wow what a friendly option

4 hours ago, Astray404 said:

I've tried God of War 3, God of War (4), Bayonetta (really love this game and fortunately the trophy list does not force me to have plat rank on all levels), Guacamelee, and Strider. I'm not good at platformer games, so are there any similar games that are heavily action focused?

God of War and Bayonetta are not beat-em-up's, they're hack-and-slash games.

Some good hack-and-slash games for PS4 are Onechanbara Z2: Chaos and Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Shinovi Versus - the prequel to Estival Versus - is necessary to understand the story, but it's not as good of a game). Metal Gear Rising for PS3 is great game, but be warned that the platinum trophy is very difficult. I have heard that Ben 10 Omniverse for PS3 is also fun, but haven't played it yet.

If you are actually looking for a beat-em-up game, Double Dragon Neon for PS3 is fun. No platinum though IIRC.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took a look at your profile and see you don't have Croixleur Sigma on there.

Its a fairly decent Beat-em up that I found thoroughly entertaining. Pretty easy/medium skill platinum. Has a bit of challenge, but I was able to get it in a couple of days, so it couldn't be that hard!

Edit: Its also on PSNow if you have that.

Edited by kingjavs
  • Like 2