PS4->PS5

BossMadMax

From what I’ve been gathering it’ll generate a second trophy listing for PS5. So you’ll have an unfinished PS4 list... I could be wrong, I hope I am. But this seems to be the highest likely case, if you want to finish your PS4 list I’d continue to play on the PS4 to be safe. Unless there is a way to select between the PS4 and PS5 upgrade version via the PS5 menu. ??‍♂️

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 1

ok i dont know this but generally

ps5 is compatible with ps4 games. so one thing you for sure can do it play the ps4 version of the game on your ps5 and simply get the rest of the trophies. just remember to bring your safe

should you decide to switch to the ps5 version of the game (its free if you have the ps4 version and the same is true for dlc) you will get a new trophylist for ps5

i dont know if its possible to transfer your ps4 safe to ps5 but i am pretty sure it is (also was from ps3 to ps4)

if you do this with som egames all trophies you already earned on ps4 autopop on ps5 too. but som egames dont make this happen (ac valhalla for example)
anyway back with the handsome collection it was like this

any trophies that requires a counter needs the counter to be +1 one more time. so "kill 100 enemies while using you raction skill" needs you to kill only 1 because your safe got 100 already and the trophie just needs a +1 to trigger

with trophies like "finish all sidequest" it was necessary to have a sidequest open. going to new game+ and finishing just one will not do it.

the level trophy also needed you to level up one more time

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think Gearbox intended to have all trophies transfer, but it's currently not working.

Borderlands 3 Next-Gen FAQ

Q: Are there separate Trophies or Achievements for current-gen consoles versus next-gen consoles?

A: No, the same Trophies and Achievements exist on both current and next-gen consoles. Your Trophies/Achievements from current-gen will transfer to next-gen platforms within the same console family.

For me personally, I had 92% for PS4 (100% for everything except Arms Race DLC trophies), and when I loaded up the PS5 version with my transferred characters only 4 trophies popped (the base game location trophies). I submitted a ticket to Gearbox/2K, but it seems like they're giving everyone a generic "we're looking into it" answer.

I really hope this is fixed, as well as the promised trophy stacking between versions. Otherwise, all future DLC/add-on trophies would need to be earned twice to maintain 100% on both PS4 and PS5 versions...

Edited by purlinka

• 2 weeks later...

Gearbox fucked everyone who had 100% on the Japanese version of Borderlands by patching in the Claptrap DLC trophies which was never released for that version. We've hounded Gearbox for years to just release the Claptrap DLC onto the JPN store, but they refuse. Guaranteed they will not fix this.

• Like 1

Personally, I like the way they handled the cross-gen trophies. If you're going to have a separate trophy list you should have to work for it. Was disappointed when I checked out the Destiny 2 PS5 version and it auto popped everything.

I'll definitely do everything on another character when the time comes, was getting really bored of Zane anyway.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 15/12/2020 at 2:10 AM, Blood_Hungry_III said:

Personally, I wish the trophy list was shared between the two games so that I could continue my playthrough on PS5, but I totally understand your point of view too. It does give a nice chance to start a new playthrough.

I personally rather the trophies all autopop like destiny 2. Where you can earn the trophy on either PS4 or PS5, log into the game and server pop both for only doing it once.  

If  I have earnt a trophy once, I don't really want to do it again. Understand it gives you a reason to play it again with a 2nd play through and different character. They should justb have  seperate DLC trophy for that like B2 or B3.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wanted to know, I have platinum on PS4 a while ago and I am just starting the DLC, after I finished all the dlc on ps4, if I pass the save on the cloud and then load it through the ps5 version, do I get the platinum?

Has the situation been resolved to date?

Thanks to who will answer me

6 minutes ago, darktore said:

I wanted to know, I have platinum on PS4 a while ago and I am just starting the DLC, after I finished all the dlc on ps4, if I pass the save on the cloud and then load it through the ps5 version, do I get the platinum?

Has the situation been resolved to date?

Thanks to who will answer me

As of right now, trophy progress does not transfer with your characters from the PS4 version to the PS5 version. Also, vice versus, earning trophies on the PS5 version does not also unlock PS4 trophies. However, because you can launch either version from the PS5, you could just run the PS4 version and proceed with the trophies from there to keep it within one trophy list.

They did, however, fix the character transfer problem. You still have to transfer them one at a time, but you can now have your full roster on the PS5 version.

Edit: Right now the PS5 trophies are extremely buggy and no one has the platinum on that version. You might get some auto-unlocked location trophies, but that's it.

Edited by purlinka

4 minutes ago, purlinka said:

Al momento, i progressi dei trofei non si trasferiscono con i tuoi personaggi dalla versione PS4 alla versione PS5. Inoltre, vice contro, guadagnare trofei sulla versione PS5 non sblocca anche trofei PS4. Tuttavia, poiché puoi lanciare entrambe le versioni dalla PS5, potresti semplicemente eseguire la versione PS4 e procedere con i trofei da lì per mantenerla all'interno di una lista di trofei.

Tuttavia, hanno risolto il problema del trasferimento dei personaggi. Devi ancora trasferirli uno alla volta, ma ora puoi avere il tuo roster completo sulla versione PS5.

Modifica: In questo momento i trofei PS5 sono estremamente buggy e nessuno ha il platino su quella versione. Potresti ottenere alcuni trofei di posizione sbloccati automaticamente, ma è tutto.

I thought I was getting a quick platinum but nothing

3 minutes ago, s-cyrax said:

Fix? Auto platinum ps5??

No, they fixed the old problem where you could only have one total character transferred. Previously, transferring more would overwrite the old one. They fixed it so you can transfer all characters from PS4 to PS5. 

1 minute ago, darktore said:

I thought I was getting a quick platinum but nothing

If you got the platinum on PS4, transfer characters to PS5, and now want the PS5 platinum—you basically have to start over. The only exceptions are workarounds where you have a level 49+ character and level up again, you'll get all the level-based trophies. That kind of thing still works.

Edited by purlinka
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, purlinka said:

No, they fixed the old problem where you could only have one total character transferred. Previously, transferring more would overwrite the old one. They fixed it so you can transfer all characters from PS4 to PS5.

Se hai il platino su PS4, trasferisci i personaggi su PS5 e ora vuoi il platino PS5: devi fondamentalmente ricominciare da capo. Le uniche eccezioni sono le soluzioni alternative in cui hai un carattere di livello 49 + e salire di nuovo di livello, otterrai tutti i trofei basati sul livello. Questo genere di cose funziona ancora.

So I did not understand if I pass the saves from PS4 to PS5 unlocks me the platinum automatically?

On 8/4/2021 at 7:47 PM, darktore said:

Volevo sapere, ho platino su PS4 qualche tempo fa e sto appena iniziando il DLC, dopo aver finito tutti i dlc su PS4, se passo il salvataggio sulla nuvola e poi lo carico attraverso la versione PS5, ho il platino?

Finora la situazione è stata risolta?

Grazie a chi mi risponderà

Is there any update for this situation?