Four New Rings

Xylobe

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Are you 100% certain it's the Providential Ring that you have duplicates for?

For some reason I was, but just checked and you're right. It was a different ring.

I feel for people that did not pick the ring as a gift, but isn't it possible to drop the ring for another player? Since there's cloud back-up saving, the player who drops the ring wouldn't even lose it. I remember abusing the system like crazy with other players in DS3.

Edited by NarcissusBaz

7 hours ago, Morphiar said:

I was wrong, apologies. I have two of the Fragrant Ring which I got mixed up with the Providential Ring. Seems I am going crazy with all these rings and my terrible misfortune of going for the Ally/Friend Ring.

My character tendency is not even close to pure white and I've slain the three red phantoms in worlds 1-3 already. I've messed up somewhere and screwed my chances of getting it now without restarting. I stupidly went online to get those 2 trophies and didn't realise killing a player would put me towards black tendency. So frustrating... Think I'll just abandon getting the platinum after this. That Ally ring is such a pain to get. 

Those three have literally no effect on your character tendency. The only black phantoms that do are the ones that appear in Pure Black World Tendency, being the black phantom versions of Miralda, Scirvir, Rydell, Satsuki, and Selen.

If you have two other friends with the game you could theoretically fix it by joining one friend's world as a blue phantom, and having the second friend invade the first friend's world and you kill their black phantom.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, and overcomplicated it, but you can probably do this with just one other person spam invading you too, and letting you kill them.

You might want to try with boosting sessions, if you don't have friends to privately boost with. It might work out.

https://demonssouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Character+Tendency

Edited by Shiva

I just reloaded my save after I got the Foe's Ring as well as the rings Sparkly gives you. They're all pretty useless to me (I play offline so no pvp, 3% hp increase is almost nothing, and lets not even talk about uneven scales....). I'd rather use my gold coin and PBS for something else thank you lmao.

On 11/26/2020 at 4:04 AM, breakXedge said:

You guys are just blaming Bluepoint without even know if there's a chance to get the ring in the game...

Yep, had some someone pointlessly argue with me over this on reddit. How do people try to justify a disposable item was going to be significantly better than a new ring?

Just because it's not spilled on a wiki doesn't mean it's not in the game naturally. Look at the person who found out how to open the 1-3 door, that took quite some time and dedication. Knowing what we know now with neutral tendency being swept, and crow trades.  I'll bet it's related to pure white or pure black world tendency, and no one wants to sweep all the maps for this because that also takes up resources.

On 26‏/11‏/2020 at 3:13 PM, PostGameBlues said:

Damn people getting lucky with PBS but I've been killing these damn bp red skeletons for hours now on PBWT  (w/ providential ring & 20 luck) and still nothing. It is kinda shitty that the game's deluxe edition basically cuts away that grind for you by just handing you the ring. 

I was farming that yesterday for hours too, but later I got one from the normal dual seclton in 4-1 also got 2 later when I wasn't even trying to farm without the ring, so 4-1 is the fastest to farm since they die fast there.

my world wasn't full pure black I thought I was but I was missing one death I didnt notice until later.

FWIW it's been discovered that you can get the Providential Ring by trading the Large Sword of Searching with Sparkly the Crow.

Edit: I just tried it with all the weapons you can use to create the Large Sword of Searching and the Crow will only accept it if the weapon used was a Scimitar.

Craft the Large Sword of Searching using a Scimitar +8 and the Hero Demon Soul (4-2 boss), trade it with Sparkly the Crow and you'll get the Providential Ring.

Edited by Doomsounder
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

might be a silly question but givent the way PS5 seems to track the collectables trophies (eg 1/30 rings etc) could you pick a second character and start with that ring and it count?  Or do all rings have to be collected on one character - if so i am screwed...

Has to be on all the same character unfortunately.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toma_Gabriel_God said:

Absolutely false. Where did you get that information?

I tried just now and the crow doesn't give you anything.

Absolutely not false. I just did it myself. Seems like the conditions are way too specific (the base weapon has to be a scimitar, I also tried with a Kilij and an Uchigatana and no dice), but it works, so no, it's not "absolutely false".

Thanks to @darthsephiroth77 for the reddit link.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doomsounder said:

Absolutely not false. I just did it myself. Seems like the conditions are way too specific (the base weapon has to be a scimitar, I also tried with a Kilij and an Uchigatana and no dice), but it works, so no, it's not "absolutely false".

Thanks to @darthsephiroth77 for the reddit link.

As you can see in my later reply I changed my mind reading the reddit thing posted after my answer. I'll try now with the Scimitar.

The guy on reddit mentioned he did it with the curved sword, Shotel I suppose but didn't work for me

EDIT: Tried with the Scimitar and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion

Edited by Toma_Gabriel_God

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

Thanks for the confirmations everyone, I've updated the original post with everything you all have figured out thus far. It's strange that the base weapon used would have an effect; I wonder if that's something Bluepoint will change in a future patch.

Feels like a bug, tbh. None of the weapons you can use to craft the Large Sword of Searching are unique, all of them you can either buy, find in a level or get as a drop from an enemy.