Four New Rings

Xylobe

Well, the good news is that the grind seems drastically cut. I just had one drop in what wasn't even 10 minutes wearing the Providential Ring, and that was on neutral world tendency to boot. If there was somehow any doubt left over I can personally confirm it's legitimate.

31 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

Well, the good news is that the grind seems drastically cut. I just had one drop in what wasn't even 10 minutes wearing the Providential Ring, and that was on neutral world tendency to boot. If there was somehow any doubt left over I can personally confirm it's legitimate.

I’ll second this. Got one in less than 10 attempts on Pure Black World Tendency.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Took me 5 minutes to get Pure Bladestone, either really lucky or the chances are better, but can confirm that it is needed for a ring.

So the Pure Bladestone is needed xD

Cant recall the amount of posts i read before release saying its not needed now xD

Just goes to show, even with something similar as a remake, we should never assume ;)

Hopefully the drop rate is better

Edited by Optinooby

3 hours ago, Xylobe said:

10 minutes wearing the Providential Ring

Does this actually help with drop rates of rare items? In the original, increasing drop rates made getting rare drops even more difficult.

29 minutes ago, mcstevens88 said:

Would anyone be willing to drop the friend ring for me? You can back up your save, get summoned, drop the ring, and then reload your save from the cloud.

I messed up royally and don't have near enough ephemeral eyes to get each world to PBWT, and the netcode keeps messing up during invasions.

Once I back up my save afterward, I can drop whatever boss souls I have that you might want, or other rings. I have the Providential Ring I can drop that some people seem to be missing. Send me a message if you're interested in helping out. I wouldn't mind the foe ring as well, so I don't have to mess up my character tendency for NG+.

Thanks!

You can’t drop rings.

2 minutes ago, SpiritCatcher1 said:

So does anyone actually know the news rings that were added? As that’s all I’m missing for platinum basically 

They are in the very first post of this thread.

7 hours ago, Helyx said:

Does [Providential Ring] actually help with drop rates of rare items? In the original, increasing drop rates made getting rare drops even more difficult.

Honestly that's news to me. If it does make the odds worse, that just goes to show how much they've been improved to begin with.

Hrm, I wonder how fast a speedrun would be with the sole purpose of collecting all the rings in one go would take. Would that require NG+?

(if one were to get all the other trophies in one character, but then make a new one for the Prov ring)

Edited by h4mx0r

10 minutes ago, h4mx0r said:

Hrm, I wonder how fast a speedrun would be with the sole purpose of collecting all the rings in one go would take. Would that require NG+?

(if one were to get all the other trophies in one character, but then make a new one for the Prov ring)

The all rings trophy is the only thing that makes world and character tendencies matter in the remake (aside from the Makoto and Istarelle trophies, which both amount to "go do one thing when the world is pure white"), so an all rings run would look pretty much identical to a full platinum run without NG+.

3 hours ago, Xylobe said:

The all rings trophy is the only thing that makes world and character tendencies matter in the remake (aside from the Makoto and Istarelle trophies, which both amount to "go do one thing when the world is pure white"), so an all rings run would look pretty much identical to a full platinum run without NG+.

Booooo

4 hours ago, BG__OG said:

Did they move the ring of disease resistance? I’ve checked both places and no ring ... wondering if it maybe bugged out ? Or it’s not in it’s original spots 

I think they are at the same spot if I remember correctly, but if I'm not mistaken, it's now called ring of plague resistance?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xylobe said:

Doesn't getting all miracles require defeating a Primeval Demon for Colorless Souls? That required PBWT on PS3. 

Or are people obtaining them through trades & the Mephi quest instead?

3 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Doesn't getting all miracles require defeating a Primeval Demon for Colorless Souls? That required PBWT on PS3. 

Or are people obtaining them through trades & the Mephi quest instead?

You still need 3 colorless demon's souls, so you could get both from mephi's quest and one from Sparkly without bothering with WT