What is the most amount of time you have ever spent fighting a boss?

Wdjat Prinny Doods

I don't know, I've played so many JRPGs where bosses (especially the final ones) can take 30 minutes to nearly 2 hours to beat... I literally don't know which boss has taken me the longest to beat at this point.

Megami Tensei (and that's including the spin-offs like Persona) final bosses tend to fall in the "hour+ long boss fight" category for me, so it was probably in one of those games.

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Megami Tensei (and that's including the spin-offs like Persona) final bosses tend to fall in the "hour+ long boss fight" category for me, so it was probably in one of those games.

Persona 3 is my answer to this. Took me like an hour to beat the final boss. It had like 12+ forms IIRC.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2014 at 11:40 PM, DarknessKey92 said:

In Castlevania Lords of Shadow DLC Resurrection I spent so many times trying to beat the "Forgotten One" in "Paladin difficulty". Till i finally after way to many attempts muscle memorized his move set...The guy has U literally jumping on your tip toes the whole time.

It was move after move with the him; and the most dangerous move he had was slamming rocks to the floor to create a fire/rock wave around him to counter any damage attempts U did on him. You would do very little damage, while he took away so much.

Finally When it came to the part where U have to throw 3 stone spikes at him in succession while he runs at U, was the most nerve wrecking part of the battle. The reason is because from far away he was a small target and the lock on was very hard to get on the guy.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one that spent hours trying to defeat this boss. Not one to hack and slash through for sure 

Picklejo in Monster Hunter World.  I haven't played for a bit and came back cause I wanted to see what all the hype was so I rusty.  Combined with him being a little tanky.  I almost timed out.  Like it over 40 minutes.  Also Shara Ishvalda, did not know the trick to the first phase and yea I did time out a couple times fighting it.

Shout out to

Spoiler

McBurn and Arianrhod

in Cold Steel 3.  It took 30+ minutes.  My team was Rean, Emma, Juna, and Musse.  Juna was unkillable and Arianrhod just made a beeline for Emma everytime she was up.  Didn't get a breather til they both used their limit breaks.  It was funny, everyone was dead but Juna was sitting there at full Health and MP.  And for reference, boss fights in Cold Steel shouldn't last more than five minutes.

Tough to say for sure, because if there's one thing I'm good at, it's bashing my face against a brick wall for hours to defeat a pesky boss. First thing which came to mind, though, is the Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne. For some reason, I decided to tackle it for the very first time with my NG+7 character, blind (do NOT do this!)... Between Ludwig, Orphan, and Laurence, it probably required around 5-6 hours and over 80 attempts. Can't say I didn't have fun, though!

• Like 2

On 8/13/2022 at 8:33 PM, Ilzakia said:

Picklejo in Monster Hunter World.  I haven't played for a bit and came back cause I wanted to see what all the hype was so I rusty.  Combined with him being a little tanky.  I almost timed out.  Like it over 40 minutes.  Also Shara Ishvalda, did not know the trick to the first phase and yea I did time out a couple times fighting it.

Shout out to

Reveal hidden contents

McBurn and Arianrhod

in Cold Steel 3.  It took 30+ minutes.  My team was Rean, Emma, Juna, and Musse.  Juna was unkillable and Arianrhod just made a beeline for Emma everytime she was up.  Didn't get a breather til they both used their limit breaks.  It was funny, everyone was dead but Juna was sitting there at full Health and MP.  And for reference, boss fights in Cold Steel shouldn't last more than five minutes.

If play the highest difficulty in the 1st playthrough, the first few bosses could easily take long time. Even in NG+, the mech warrior (not sure about its name) in the highest difficulty could also take long time.

Edited by Maverick6146

Longest time for one kill? Also Yiazmat. I think 2 hours but i only did it once in the original eons ago so that could be a bit off.

Longest in terms of most attempts to beat? Ludwig from Bloodborne with 20-30. 

And then longest in terms of most time sunk into a boss? Probably Corporeal Beast in OldSchool RuneScape with around 300 hours done so far. And if i want to complete it on the ironmeme itd probably take about 1100 more at my rate but ill probably try like 200 tops.

• Like 1

Well, I don't know if you count MMOs like WoW or FF14, or pseudo-MMOs like Destiny 1/2. If so, then for sure pretty much all of the vanilla bosses, and then Al-Akir (it was a teammate problem, not boss problem) much later on, but I'm still traumatized from the latter, so... -__-;

Of course pretty much nothing else I've done compares to spending literal months on each boss in vanilla WoW, so if we take WoW away, then...

There's Atheon in Destiny 1 and Dogs boss in Destiny 2, but these were all blind, no strat, etc..

& If we're not counting MMOs at all... Hm. I really don't know, I'm struggling to remember, honestly. Probably either a DMC boss on Dante Must Die difficulty, DMC 4 on Hell and Hell difficulty, or some FF boss.

Edited by ixxiion

• 1 year later...