What is the most amount of time you have ever spent fighting a boss?

Wdjat Prinny Doods

I used the search function and nothing came up so if a similar thread does exist I apologize in advanced.

Anyway just as the title says what is the longest time you have ever spent fighting a boss battle. For me it was Yiazmat, the final hunt on Final Fantasy 12 which took 3 hours to beat. I heard rumors that this boss could take hours to beat but I figured that would only be if you were under leveled. I went into the battle at max level and having some of the strongest weapons, armor, and spells so thought it would be a breeze. Well little did I know he had over 50 MILLION HP! Not only that as he loses more health he becomes even stronger and can do an ability that can potentially wipe out your party. Well after three hours of attacking, casting spells and eating snacks he finally went down. The battle wasnt really hard he just had so much health. It was very rewarding beating him though and it is still one of my proud gaming accomplishments.

Well thats enough about my experience, share your longest boss battle moment.

Edited by man_with_wdjat

Way back when I wa playing Star Ocean: Til the End of Time I remember spending almost an entire day on Freya, I was not high enough level for it clearly but I perservered lol. Must have gone through 30+ attempts with the longest one passing an hour easy

• Like 1

Can't really remember much, but I think the last one in Spare Parts was taking ages for me and I was able to read about 2 threads online (during it as it was a pretty damn simple boss) about why it takes so long for some people to defeat.. was very glitchy game at the time I done it.

And not really a boss, but I decided to challenge the Long Gui in FFXIII-2 when I wasn't anywhere near the level to be doing so, took about 1 hour and a half to defeat it with a good few near deaths moments during it.

Edited by TakahashiDemon

Probably Kessler from inFamous 1 on Hard difficulty. There isn't much of a strategy, he just takes forever to hurt and he can easily kill you if you aren't constantly dodging out of the way. 

Now that I think about it, that guy from Kingdom Hearts II took me a while. I forgot his name though. I think it was the guy with the guitar and he could shoot water or something. It's been forever since I've played it but I remember getting frustrated at that fight.

Probably Kessler from inFamous 1 on Hard difficulty. There isn't much of a strategy, he just takes forever to hurt and he can easily kill you if you aren't constantly dodging out of the way. 

Now that I think about it, that guy from Kingdom Hearts II took me a while. I forgot his name though. I think it was the guy with the guitar and he could shoot water or something. It's been forever since I've played it but I remember getting frustrated at that fight.

Oh you are talking about Demyx, yeah he was a pain. I hated that boss battle

Edited by man_with_wdjat

Nothing to compare to Yiazmat, but mine was Henry in No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise, in Bitter Mode (Basically a very hard mode). He's a semi-optional boss, semi-optional in that if you don't collect all the sword upgrades, then Jeane is the final boss. If you, then during the ending, Henry comes and challenges you to a sword duel in the parking lot of your hotel. In all the other difficulties, you can beat him just by spamming attacks and avoid his stronger attacks, but in this mode he's a hell of a lot more competent at avoiding you and hitting hard. The way to beat him in this mode is pretty specialized in that you have to open yourself to his attack and dodge it using Dark Step (a quick dodge that causes him to slow down and opens him up for a couple seconds), spam a couple attacks, then back up because he's going to bitch slap you back if you aren't careful. To get Dark Step, you rotate the left stick quick clockwise while he's attacking you. Oh and Dark Step doesn't happen 100% of the time, so you're basically walking into the fire. And his HP is quadruple what it is in the other modes. Plus in the last half of the fight he whips out a one-hit kill attack that you have to watch for. So it's basically a marathon battle in a hack and slasher to outlast him. People in youtube videos (example below from part of a 6 video recording of one guy's fight) get it done in 15-20 minutes, but it took me almost an hour because I had to stop a few times to rest my hands and get my head straight. So that's mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=resMAft-hzU

Hmmm..... I usually take 15 to 30 minutes on a boss....

Ex. 15 minutes would be 

Izanami from Persona 4 Golden (Both Phases) and Margaret

Ex. 30 minutes would be 

Ultima Weapon (one of the final bosses on FFXIC ARR) due to team needing to work together.

Warning spoilers so don't look if you don't want to spoiled from two games I played (Persona 4 Golden and FFXIV ARR story wise)

The boss that comes to my mind first is Yiazmat from FFXII. This optional boss has over 50 million HP (!) and beating him takes over one hour even for the most experienced players. I think it took me more than double than that, mainly because I played it safe and healed very often, so that I wouldn't die short before the end of the battle. You could leave the area to save and replenish your HP, but that meant that Yiazmat could also replenish his HP if you're unlucky.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read the whole first post, only the question. I didn't see that Yiazmat was already mentioned  :facepalm:

Edited by LuxVanitas

The boss that comes to my mind first is Yiazmat from FFXII. This optional boss has over 50 million HP (!) and beating him takes over one hour even for the most experienced players. I think it took me more than double than that, mainly because I played it safe and healed very often, so that I wouldn't die short before the end of the battle. You could leave the area to save and replenish your HP, but that meant that Yiazmat could also replenish his HP if you're unlucky.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read the whole first post, only the question. I didn't see that Yiazmat was already mentioned  :facepalm:

Doesnt really matter if one is already mentioned, this forum is to tell about your own longest boss experience so if Yiazmat is also yours then that is fine

In a single sitting I think the following took at out 25-30 mins... But it sticks in my memory because it is the first boss battle I can remember accomplishing after a struggle.

The final time you defeat Seymour in FFX was a struggle for me, took me about three weeks of developing my characters to where I needed them, sounds pathetic but I was extremely proud when I finished it, and stands out in my gaming DNA

If falling asleep during it counts then.... 6 hours on ffx. Not sure what boss now. But yah i think im narcoleptic with videogames

I remember the first time I played Borderlands, I actually fell asleep during the final boss battle. Which is pretty sad since I had a modded weapon that killed him in 6 shots. :S The game was just so boring.

My longest boss battle was Zeus at the end of GoW3. The first time I played GoW3 I was still button smashing trying to beat him down only to have my ass handed to me repeatedly. I've later grown as a game and have learned that attacking when the opportunity arises saves more time than dieing over and over and over again.

I used the search function and nothing came up so if a similar thread does exist I apologize in advanced.

Anyway just as the title says what is the longest time you have ever spent fighting a boss battle. For me it was Yiazmat, the final hunt on Final Fantasy 12 which took 3 hours to beat. I heard rumors that this boss could take hours to beat but I figured that would only be if you were under leveled. I went into the battle at max level and having some of the strongest weapons, armor, and spells so thought it would be a breeze. Well little did I know he had over 50 MILLION HP! Not only that as he loses more health he becomes even stronger and can do an ability that can potentially wipe out your party. Well after three hours of attacking, casting spells and eating snacks he finally went down. The battle wasnt really hard he just had so much health. It was very rewarding beating him though and it is still one of my proud gaming accomplishments.

Well thats enough about my experience, share your longest boss battle moment.

Yup, Yiazmat for me too. That beast takes a notoriously long time to beat.

For me it took about six hours to conquer, showed it who's the boss  :ninja: 

Took my sweet time with that monster, I recall being not quite max leveled, but with decent armor and filled with patience.

• 2 months later...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. I was playing Super Mario Bros. 2 with a buddy of mine. It took us all day getting there and many deaths and I think we finally got to the end and the boss to beat was the big toad Wart and it was freaking hard to dodge the bubbles and then throw the veggies into his mouth (the only way to hurt him). Once beaten we rejoiced and had many hours of sleep. lol

In other news a rant that is in the same vicinity of this topic: I hate games where the second to last boss is way freaking harder then the actual last boss itself. AAAAHHHHH!!!! lol

Well, time spent actively trying to beat a boss, it was definitely the last boss in Odin Sphere. It took me days to beat it. I retried over and over and over and over.

When it comes to battle length, it's definitely the final boss in Persona 3. It took me about an hour and a half to beat it.

In Castlevania Lords of Shadow DLC Resurrection I spent so many times trying to beat the "Forgotten One" in "Paladin difficulty". Till i finally after way to many attempts muscle memorized his move set...The guy has U literally jumping on your tip toes the whole time.

It was move after move with the him; and the most dangerous move he had was slamming rocks to the floor to create a fire/rock wave around him to counter any damage attempts U did on him. You would do very little damage, while he took away so much.

Finally When it came to the part where U have to throw 3 stone spikes at him in succession while he runs at U, was the most nerve wrecking part of the battle. The reason is because from far away he was a small target and the lock on was very hard to get on the guy.

Hmmmm... so far I think my longest boss battle (due to multiple retries) is one of Kisuke's boss in Muramasa Rebirth, I think it took me 2 straight hours (maybe might took me less than two hours if I took a sleep first ^_^).. I really can't remember the name but I am sure it is not the final boss.. I think it's the dragon boss ^_^

• 8 years later...