PS5 Friend activities and feed

soziaLSturmi

The entire ps5 UI is anti social.  I can't join a friends open party without an invite.  Can't see who's in a party together.  Can't see an activity feed of what friends are up to.  As a result a lot of people I know seem to be interacting a lot less than before. Not to mention they took the communities down where I met several very helpful and cool people.  Now they have finally added in Discord link maybe that will turn things around.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5-2-2022 at 11:42 AM, steel6burgh said:

The entire ps5 UI is anti social.  I can't join a friends open party without an invite.  Can't see who's in a party together.  Can't see an activity feed of what friends are up to.  As a result a lot of people I know seem to be interacting a lot less than before. Not to mention they took the communities down where I met several very helpful and cool people.  Now they have finally added in Discord link maybe that will turn things around.

As what I understood was Discord only tracking the games your playing so it is visible for everyone. But you are not able to communicate or what so every on the PS5. I do miss the activity feed also. Had most of my contact through the feed. Now my contacts are soo much less. Really a bummer. What of you all say; I hope it will come back.

If Discord will be better on PS5 would be ok for me. But give us at least some activity feed on PS5. I dont want to log in on a PC to see the feed.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I miss friend activity feed too. No big interaction with others, no pressure to race the others. can't see what titles now They're maxing trophies. Mayby if they now play and have status can check in but even friends trophy list won't show friend list chronologic by date play on ps5. One big stepback for humanity. 

I'm beginning to think after reading some of the stuff in this thread that many of y'all don't have a ps5 or took a couple minutes to figure things out cause I can see friend activity, I can join friends parties uninvited, and can do most things everyone in here is complaining isn't there the few things I can't do they simply removed for all consoles like the groups thing 

They did take off the game grouping by fildeer thing but it's pointless now anyway the dash only displays so many games the rest go in the owned folder

On 25/07/2022 at 5:39 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'm beginning to think after reading some of the stuff in this thread that many of y'all don't have a ps5 or took a couple minutes to figure things out cause I can see friend activity, I can join friends parties uninvited, and can do most things everyone in here is complaining isn't there the few things I can't do they simply removed for all consoles like the groups thing 

They did take off the game grouping by fildeer thing but it's pointless now anyway the dash only displays so many games the rest go in the owned folder

I've just to a PS5 today and I'm having trouble seeing what my friends are doing outside of going to each individual person.
Is there a way where I can view everyone's activities?

Edited by ultravioletblade
  • Like 1

Most of my family has a PS5 now, while I'm still on PS4. I can see their PS4 title activity and even some PS5 titles they play for the first time. The activity feed/What's New has spam or stupid things sometimes, but I think it's more positive than negative. I hope they add something as decent or better at some point to the PS5.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

it was pointless on PS4, just like the communities, followers etc. glad they got rid of all this social fodder on PS5 and they'll get rid of accolades too, please keep this extra fake social stuff off the gaming console

It was only pointless if you had people on your friends list you didn't want to hear from. In which case, why are they on your friend's list in the first place?

Personally i liked seeing what my friends are doing while on the PlayStation, that's why I added them

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, LippiAMS said:

Got my ps5 yesterday and the first thing I missed was the activity feed. I feel lost and lonely. 2639.png

Yeah, I also felt completely isolated at first.

But you'll get used to it. Your friends list is still there and you can upload your screenshots and videos to Twitter and YouTube or share them via message.

If you still feel lonely, just step by the PSNP Forum. We're always here.

24 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

it was pointless on PS4, just like the communities, followers etc. glad they got rid of all this social fodder on PS5 and they'll get rid of accolades too, please keep this extra fake social stuff off the gaming console

Come on dude, just because you didn't use it/like it, doesn't make it pointless.

I personally really enjoyed sharing my screenshots through the feed.

And lots of people loved Communities as a way to meet people to play online.

But, I'd agree these social features are quite low in terms of what I consider priorities of development/maintenance. If Sony has to cut resources allocation somewhere, might as well do it here.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 3

I still don't own a PS5 and probably won't for a good while longer due to the shortage. What can I say lol ?. I have and still do (because yeah, I'm still on PS4 lol) enjoy looking at the Activity feed to see what the people on my friends list have been doing. Has there been some naff stuff on there? Occasionally, but 99% of the time I enjoy looking through it because the people on my friends list are people, I actually want on my friends list lol. It's never really annoyed me, and always thought it was a great feature Hopefully the Discord integration works well. I kinda does sound like returning to PS3 era, which is a step backwards. Not the end of the world but it's a shame it's gone. I'll miss it...when I eventually get one that is lol.?

It's amazing how the general quality of things is regressing instead of improving. Communities, which brought together excellent niches and sharing screenshots, also to find people to form online parties. Deleting your friends' news feed. A lot of Sony's decisions in recent years are so stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14/9/2022 at 9:59 AM, LippiAMS said:

Got my ps5 yesterday and the first thing I missed was the activity feed. I feel lost and lonely. ☹️

Same here, 2 years using PS5 like a bot, still missing activity feed and communities, Im an ex-trophy hunter so I cant move to another platform, but sooner or later I will have to do it, Xbox or Steam, social part is important for me (dont need to chat/talk just interact and see people).

Edited by DarkBlood-ARG
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I miss seeing all my friends trophy level at a glance on the PS4, PS5 removed that, like they dont even want you to compare. I always wanted to sort friends by level, and thought they bring it to PS4 at the time, and thought it be even better on PS5 but nope. Activities is gone, everything that made PS4 pretty cool, is gone. PS5 is pretty bland in customization.

• Like 3