Should I buy now or wait for patch?

BrasilKilla

Well title says it all. just got my ps5 i'm in the mood to play something like this. Seeing how rare n challenging the platinum is is motivating me more to get this,  I loves me a good challenge. However,  I've heard this is full of bugs. Those who have played this,  are the bugs game breaking or something small that can be ignored?  Any glitched trophies? Is it safe to play this now or wait for a patch?  Thanks in advance

51 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

I'd wait for a sale on this, reviewed poorly and you never know, maybe a PS plus game soon? I haven't really seen any high praise for it.

I would wait for a sale and patches, currently it's not worth it.

This^

I have yet to hear a single good word said about this game, thus I would skip it for now and buy something else.

I bought the $100 edition of Godfall. It’s a great game to showcase PS5’s capabilities. It has many bugs atm though but it’s definitely possible to get the platinum now coz I obtained mine recently.

There was glitch where monsters completely stopped attacking players so basically a free win but the developers already patched it so I had to climb the tower legitimately.

There is an expansion DLC coming out next year as well. PS5 doesn’t have many launch titles but Godfall will keep you busy for a long time.

Edited by mvpeast

7 hours ago, mvpeast said:

I bought the $100 edition of Godfall. It’s a great game to showcase PS5’s capabilities. It has many bugs atm though but it’s definitely possible to get the platinum now coz I obtained mine recently.

There was glitch where monsters completely stopped attacking players so basically a free win but the developers already patched it so I had to climb the tower legitimately.

There is an expansion DLC coming out next year as well. PS5 doesn’t have many launch titles but Godfall will keep you busy for a long time.

That's good to know, I'm not so worried about money or if it's worth paying full price or not , it's not like I buy a new game every day. I'm more worried about bugs n glitched trophies. One more question.  About how many hours did it take you to platinum? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BrasilKilla said:

That's good to know, I'm not so worried about money or if it's worth paying full price or not , it's not like I buy a new game every day. I'm more worried about bugs n glitched trophies. One more question.  About how many hours did it take you to platinum? 

30-40 hours.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Yoey_666 said:

What do you say to the plat difficulty ? I wanna play it with a friend but he hates hard games.

It’s pretty hard but I completed the platinum solo. It maybe easier with team.

Game play is amazing coz it’s made for next gen.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 1

I've only played it for ~4 hours, but I've yet to encounter a bug. Tbh don't know if I missed a trophy because of a bug, because I didn't pay attention to it.

Mixed reviews are what would describe the game best. Lots of eye candy, use of the new controller features, but lack of actual substance. Still, a good game to kill time with.

Edited by teel_tez
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, teel_tez said:

I've only played it for ~4 hours, but I've yet to encounter a bug. Tbh don't know if I missed a trophy because of a bug, because I didn't pay attention to it.

Mixed reviews are what would describe the game best. Lots of eye candy, use of the new controller features, but lack of actual substance. Still, a good game to kill time with.

The game has a lot of bugs at this moment. You will experience them sooner or later. It doesn’t make Godfall unplayable though. It’s a fun game but I think it’s more like a beta right now.

Who knows what’s going to happen later bcz Counterplay Studios pretty much disappeared after the game launched. Zero communication from the developers so far. They released a 15 seconds clip about a legendary weapon. It’s a weird move if you ask me.

Edited by mvpeast

50 minutes ago, UltraFire121 said:

Wait for both a better discount sale and patch to it.

Many people are supporting the developers on Godfall Reddit. I think the game should have been delayed because it’s clearly still in Beta. That’s just my opinion.

Edited by mvpeast

3 hours ago, Plague_Dominate said:

Geez.. and to think I was actually considering buying this new too... I am so glad I didn't after hearing about its bad reviews. I stg Gearbox is a complete joke of a company. What have they ever done right besides borderlands? 

Duke Nukem Forever !! ?

I preordered the 100$ edition and my GF just bought the same, we’ll be starting tomorrow. From what I’ve read the game is either love/hate, no middle ground. Gameplay wise it sounds very much like Rift Trials in Diablo. Run Rift -> Get Loot -> Nothing good -> Repeat dozens of times -> get something good -> go up a few rift levels -> repeat.

A mindless grind so to speak with repeating nature. Thankfully these type of games are something we both enjoy heavily.