Can't find Deponia or Goodbye Deponia on PS Store?

Duffcar

I recently purchased Chaos on Deponia and Deponia Doomsday before realising they were part of a chronological series. As a such I was hoping to pick up the other two games in the series however have had no luck locating either title on the Australian PS Store on my console or on my phone via the app or browser. 

Does anybody happen to know if there is a reason for this or am I just not looking in the right place?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, darkjian92 said:

Goodbye Deponia still seems to be up on the US store, was that an EU-only delist?

edit: apparently the Deponia Collection has all 4 games and is up on the US store.

Where are you finding these things on the US store? Goodbye Deponia used to be available at https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1440-CUSA13841_00-DAENADEPONIA3000, but it has been delisted. What is the new link? Similarly, the Deponia collection used to be available at https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1440-CUSA05922_00-COLLECTION000001, but it has been delisted.

On 01/12/2020 at 0:09 AM, NathanielJohn said:

Yep, Goodbye Deponia has been delisted. Deponia is still available in many regions, but you're right that it's not available in Australia for some reason. You can get it from the UK version of the store though, for example: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP8923-CUSA03770_00-D0001DEPONIA1PS4

Thanks for all the information you've provided; strange about all the inconsistency of the availability of the series but I'm glad to hear I may have hope yet! 

Looks like I should've done a bit more research before purchasing this time around. 

I was looking here: not the store, so I may be in error in this case.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/deponia-collection-ps4/

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/goodbye-deponia-ps4/

Both of those pages have links to “Buy Now” that redirect to my local store, where the games definitely aren’t. Is this an oversight by Sony, maybe? They’ve delisted the store but maintained the site pages?

On 12/7/2020 at 7:41 PM, jamo_kergozou said:

Deponia is available on disc as a stand-alone game and all 4 are also available as a collection on disc, I picked it up a while ago for £20. I hated Goodbye Deponia though as it’s got one atrocious trophy that takes longer than the whole of Deponia does. 

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Deponia Doomsday's 1001 Jackalopes trophy. That trophy can go to hell.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 08/12/2020 at 8:41 AM, jamo_kergozou said:

Deponia is available on disc as a stand-alone game and all 4 are also available as a collection on disc, I picked it up a while ago for £20. I hated Goodbye Deponia though as it’s got one atrocious trophy that takes longer than the whole of Deponia does. 

Sorry for the necro.

Were all four games burnt to the disc or were they codes for PSN downloads?

Edited by Platinum_Vice

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Where could I find this full collection on disk?

Ebay... for upwards of £60-£100. Cheapest I can find currently (at least on ebay UK, can't guarantee it ships outside Europe) is this, direct from Germany.

46 minutes ago, skotafactor said:

I think it was a small print run, maybe only in Germany? I wasn’t able to track the disk version down when I wanted to play through the series, and I had to buy Goodbye Deponia through the Hong Kong store. 

It definitely wasn't just Germany, as it was up for pre-order here on UK websites like Base and the Game Collection (the latter being where I got my copy from a few years ago). But it did come with a USK rating on the case so... Possibly only produced in Germany at least (not unusual for that to be the case for collector's/limited editions in Europe, but they're still sold/distributed outside Germany). Definitely seems like it got a very limited print run, as the collection is quite hard to find now and fairly expensive.

The 4 games each got their own separate physical release as well. The first 3 games are pretty cheap nowadays and somewhat easy to find (at least in Europe), but the 4th game is more elusive and generally more expensive, probably because of the delisting. Cheapest I can find currently for that single game is this, also from Germany.

Edit: Also I know it likely isn't ideal for many here, but Goodbye Deponia is still on the Switch and Xbox store fronts at least...

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV

1 hour ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Ebay... for upwards of £60-£100. Cheapest I can find currently (at least on ebay UK, can't guarantee it ships outside Europe) is this, direct from Germany.

It definitely wasn't just Germany, as it was up for pre-order here on UK websites like Base and the Game Collection (the latter being where I got my copy from a few years ago). But it did come with a USK rating on the case so... Possibly only produced in Germany at least (not unusual for that to be the case for collector's/limited editions in Europe, but they're still sold/distributed outside Germany). Definitely seems like it got a very limited print run, as the collection is quite hard to find now and fairly expensive.

The 4 games each got their own separate physical release as well. The first 3 games are pretty cheap nowadays and somewhat easy to find (at least in Europe), but the 4th game is more elusive and generally more expensive, probably because of the delisting. Cheapest I can find currently for that single game is this, also from Germany.

Edit: Also I know it likely isn't ideal for many here, but Goodbye Deponia is still on the Switch and Xbox store fronts at least...

I got the plat for all but the last one that one trophy literally breaks my brain trying to figure out and keep track of the mixing and swapping and it's just not really worth it for me right now maybe in the future though lol