Cyberpunk Stick Drifting

PandaGuyBonson

Anyone getting stick drift on cyberpunk 2077?? 

I'm on the PS5 playing the game which runs pretty good compared to what I've been hearing.

Only had issues with the HDR which I kinda fixed (looks good enough to play) & I seem to have Stick Drift my character seems to over move or the camera decides to wandering when I'm stood still talking to a NPC, in the menus when trying to select things it sometimes like nope imma go over this way. 

I've Google this issue and it looks like I'm not on my own. 

Hopefully they fix this soon I'm enjoying what I've played so far. 

• Like 2

This is not a issue of the software. It is an issue of the controller itself. I have drift in a DS4 controller and it shows itself in games like Rainbow 6 Siege and it doesn't in other like Destiny. Depending on how the dead zone of each game works and how bad/big is the drift in the controller it will appear or not. 

Sadly it looks DualSense is as bad build as DS4 was. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TizonaES said:

This is not a issue of the software. It is an issue of the controller itself. I have drift in a DS4 controller and it shows itself in games like Rainbow 6 Siege and it doesn't in other like Destiny. Depending on how the dead zone of each game works and how bad/big is the drift in the controller it will appear or not. 

Sadly it looks DualSense is as bad build as DS4 was. 

Doubt that, I have the same issues as others on the PS5 with the horizontal drift in game and vertical drift in the menus - it has to be software

I tried and cannot recreate it on R6, BF4 or Days Gone (with deadzone set to 0 and/or sensitivity to 100)

I lost a DS4 to analogues going bad after a couple of years and it was most noticeable in R6 but you could see it in Uncharted and BF too.

What I'm experiencing in CP2077 (patch 1.04) is solely on CP2077.

• Like 2

It's a cyberpunk issue with the deadzone in menus.  If you find you are jutting backwards while running then the deadzone is too low as the joystick is flicking backwards.  There is also an issue with the combat tutorial where the player will auto walk a bit but I haven't encountered it since then.

If you want to check your controller, you can plug it into your PC and see if it starts moving on its own in the device manager settings.

Edited by Luminexi

• 2 weeks later...

I started the game today and I have this issue as well. I first noticed it on the character creation menu, where even the slightest touch of the right analog would auto-scroll either erratically or slowly. I thought w/e, so I went ahead and started the prologue. Then I saw V and/or the camera moving on their own. I played with a few settings and I managed to reduce the issue, but not completely (V didn't move on his own, but camera did rotate, albeit fewer times). Moreover, auto-scroll is still there, whether it was messages or the settings menu itself. I tested both of my DS4s (one of which is almost brand new), with/without using micro usb cable and with/without using my Gold Headset (cause I also thought it might a Bluetooth issue).

It is really bugging me. Hopefully, they will fix it soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2020 at 6:27 AM, XXIIlII said:

Happened to me during the combat tutorial but not anymore after that.

I also had stick drift during the combat tutorial so I changed the deadzone which I think helped because it didn't happen much in first person after that, but I have had drift in menus for the entire game even after the deadzone fix. Im assuming there must be an issue in the game itself because it's strange so many people have the same problem.

On 12/12/2020 at 0:57 PM, cybershark91 said:

interestingly i have the drift on ps4 only in the menues when scrolling down and up. I played with the inner and outer deadzones, but this changed anything at all. This is realy strange an start to get annoying

Same here, it's completely fine in gameplay but the menus are a pain to navigate due to that.

Not sure if the game is just super sensitive or what, but my controller started to drift also in the game menus and then started becoming more of a problem in the UI slightly but more noticeable in the game, I replaced my controller with a new one and the drift has disappeared..

My old controller didn't have drift till cyberpunk, so your controllers might actually have a slight drift and it just shows up more in Cyberpunk if that's possible, so not sure what's going on with that.. but my new controller doesn't drift at all in cyberpunk!

On 12/11/2020 at 4:42 PM, carrey23 said:

This Video helped me a lot

Guy says he isn't going to waste time like other youtubers with 8min videos and get right to the point....and his video is 8 min long while he rambles. I had to stop watching the video.

Youtube never changes. 

I can't watch smuck like that. I'll just turn down sensitivity and increase the deadzone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have like a crazy stick drifting on my PS5 controller but not always and only in Cyberpunk. Everything is alright at the beginning and after some while it is barely playable, tried playing with setting, nothing seems to help. I dusted off my old PS4 controller and have problems with drifting as well (not so significant). This is really a 10/10 game, hehe.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this will help someone else, but mine stopped drifting when I disconnected the external hard drive from the PS4. 

Outer DZ 1 and Inner DZ .11.

UPD 02/07/2021 - Nerver mind, it started again... not as nasty as before, but still annoying. Hope this gets fixed soon. 

Edited by MICLOZA
It started happening again.