DualShock 4 dropped touchscreen (WTF) ?

ridwaano

Screw the touch pad/-screen, I'm more concerned about the fact that they tested other stick placement.

Ultimately, however, that stick placement "just wouldn't work" because it would break players' muscle memory, Aoki said.

Damn right! I would have not bought one if they changed it. Wtf...

One of Sony's DualShock 4 prototypes featured a touchscreen, but this was ultimately scrapped in the final version in favor of the touchpad because developers didn't like the idea of having players divert their eyes from the main screen during gameplay, product planning manager Toshimasa Aoki has said.

​This was a very good idea. One of the reasons the Wii U never interested me was that it had a separate screen on the controller. I wouldn't have liked having to keep flicking my eyes back and forth between the controller and the TV. The 3DS dual screen is ok because both are next to each other and you can see both at the same time. But on a console, it would've been terrible. Really glad they went with a touchpad instead.

Screw the touch pad/-screen, I'm more concerned about the fact that they tested other stick placement.

Damn right! I would have not bought one if they changed it. Wtf...

Apparently Sony tested a stick placement like the 360 in early DualShock 4 prototypes but ultimately decided to go with the traditional PlayStation layout. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/22/original-ps4-controller-analog-stick-layout-similar-to-xbox-360

Parker