Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

On 03/05/2021 at 11:26 AM, Pauloxzak said:

Another monday update for me, update #7:

Starting completion rate (from the beginning of the year) : 49%

Current completion rate : 53.39% (+0.07 from last week ~ +4.39% from start)

Target rate: 60%

This past week:

FFXIV - PS5 - 57% ATM, got some more trophies of already completed stuff, I'm cleaning up missing quests right now and then I'll focus on lvl up and grinding the amounts for the trophies I don't have yet, will leave savage clears for last

Natural Doctrine - PS4 - 24% ATM, Didn't touch this at all, got another person interested in boosting, hopefully I'll be able to finish MP

Resogun - PS4 - 36% ATM, No progress here either

DJ Max Technika Tune - Vita - 81% ATM, Lvl83, taking way more time to lvl up even using the maximum of exp gain equipment available at the moment, I'll try to push this to completion or near it this week

Sonic 2 - PS3 - 80% ATM, progressed very little on my speed run this week

Persona 4 Arena - PS3 - 21% ATM, almost done with the MP boost now, probably I'll leave it aside for a while after the boost since this is a 10/10 plat difficult game

On my next list:

Limbo - Vita

Destruction All Stars - PS5

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - PS3 (will boost the MP trophies after Arena)

Rochard - PS3

Beyond: Two Souls - PS3

Pillars of the Earth - PS4 

Another monday update for me, update #8:

Starting completion rate (from the beginning of the year) : 49%

Current completion rate : 53.45% (+0.06 from last week ~ +4.45% from start)

Target rate: 60%

This week was almost all about progress that doesn't convert in trophies directly, but in the end I could get some trophies that gave me some %

This past week:

FFXIV - PS5 - 57% ATM, no new trophies, only got some good progress on clearing quests that were on my backlog

Natural Doctrine - PS4 - 34% ATM, Did some more MP boost, basically what's left is 100 wins (A rank trophy will come in the process)

Resogun - PS4 - 37% ATM, almost finished my first playthrough on medium, got a trophy while trying

DJ Max Technika Tune - Vita - 81% ATM, This is where the major progress is, got to LVL94, really thought I could finish but after 93 the grind gets even worse, I'll finish it this week anyways

Sonic 2 - PS3 - 80% ATM, no progress here

Persona 4 Arena - PS3 - 21% ATM, my boost partner was busy this week

On my next list:

Limbo - Vita

Destruction All Stars - PS5

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - PS3 (will boost the MP trophies after Arena)

Rochard - PS3

Beyond: Two Souls - PS3

Pillars of the Earth - PS4 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Spinacheq said:

Continued on this game, making great progress in the first playthrough of 2 I will need to do for the platinum.  I know I can do this on 1 playthrough, first time on one of the cold steel games in series where you can do it in 1 playthrough.  Since I love the story I like to playthrough with minimal guide and enjoy the story see what I can get done then do the hard mode playthrough with a guide and clean up anything I missed.  I think I hit close to the 50 hour mark according to my save file so that should be almost halfway through :) when you are watching all the cut scenes and reading everything/talking to everyone :).

Just as a heads up, I'd highly highly recommend trying to wrap up the Vantage Master minigame trophy in this run.  A guide isn't really needed so much for it since you can easily spot the matches on the minimap and they are always at Thors, on the train or in the various cities, but when I played the Japanese version I found the minigame way too hard on the nightmare run in both CS3 and CS4 and had to do another run for that trophy.  If you've already missed some then at least try and beat some of the later opponents to have some good cards available for your nightmare run.  You should have access to the majority of them in chapter 4.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Dead Nation + DLC (0/1) (PSVita)

Making progress on my Grim run and trying to get all loot trophies too. I already failed in mission 2 (96% of the loot 1f61e.png) so need to redo.

Happy trophy hunting!

You won't have to do full runs to get all the loot, just replay the missions that you missed loot in. Sadly you do have to find all the loot every time.

It's always the most frustrating bit to do, but you can do it on the easiest difficulty to breeze through getting the loot and racking up more kills for the Genocidiary trophy.

I just need to do coop and my Morbid run on Vita, but I'm gonna do that after I finish Salt and Sanctuary first.

• Like 1

Starting Percent: 55.33%

Last Update: 63.24%

Current Percent: 63.31%

Only 5 new trophies since this time last week, so not a big boost to completion percentage, but I am a lot closer to finally finishing The Crew! The first trophy I earned was relatively straightforward and not very time consuming in which I had to build a hidden car from wreckage parts. This can be done in under half an hour with a guide, especially as with the majority of the map uncovered I can fast travel to the exact point of the wreckage part. The other 4, however, were not so straightforward - all ultra-rares!  The first of which was Enduring Spirit, for completing the event landmark tour in a crew. I played with some nice guy from the site here on Saturday morning who also needed this and my final finishing time was 3 hours, 14 minutes and 58 seconds! It's a long event, fortunately I do tend to enjoy these endurance type races though. Most of the time over the past 7 days went towards grinding the skills to earn 500 golds and earning platinum on all story missions.

For the skills, these are dotted all over the map, and divided into several categories - speed (stay on the road and go as fast as possible to earn points), escape (put distance between you and an ever increasing radius), hill climb (climb the highest height up a hill or mountain in the allotted time), jump (getting the furthest distance possible), precision (putting the car through checkpoints/gates that get increasingly narrower), race line (driving along a route at speed without compromising the racing line), scramble (following a route to smash glass targets) and slalom (like precision, but you must go round each gate from a certain direction). Most skills are relatively straightforward to earn gold with an upgraded car, I made the choice to avoid as many scrambles as possible because I found these the most annoying, and focused on precision skills last as sometimes they are very tight and can be frustrating - the key is to go as long as possible without missing one for the first time to keep a high multiplier.

I was worried about earning platinum on story missions also, as this is one of the trophies that according to the forums and other players I have played with, this trophy has the potential to be buggy, Thankfully, it worked as intended for me. The race/time trial/follow events are mostly trivial in a high level car but the takedown and destruction ones can still be frustrating as you really need to optimise time to earn platinum on these, so lots of replays on takedown missions to find a perfect line to intercept and do lots of damage early! Other frustrating missions are ones where you a given a preset vehicle so you can't count on your high performance rating to breeze through it so you almost have to be perfect.

This leaves the last trophy I earned this week, for earning 10,000 award points in total. There are about 15,000 in total to earn throughout the whole game, and you earn about 10-20 for most small tasks. Fortunately, nearly all trophies in the game are directly tied to awards (the awards menu is actually the best way to track how close you are to most achievements) so after doing skills and story missions I only needed to make up about 750 to reach 10,000. The way I chose to do this was by completing nearly all of the zones/cities ones which award you 15 each for driving between a selection of 3 landmarks without the use of fast travel. Sometimes, the overall journey is short - about 5 miles in total - but other times it can push about 30 or 40 miles in total for one of these trips. Fortunately, I enjoy the driving in this game, and the huge/varied map going to constantly different places helps keep it fresh, it also helps count towards my mileage trophy so at least there is that!

This leaves me with only 3 trophies remaining before I complete The Crew. Overclocker, which is for driving in 5000 miles in just one vehicle (I have 2100 in my most used so far). Rough Terrain, for driving 2000 miles offroad. And Remember My Name, for earning 100,000 reputation points in a single month via the faction missions (I have 84,000 currently!). These are all also ultra rare and the only things standing in my way of a shiny UR plat - which would be my rarest trophy earned so far!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

Hey everyone. I'd like to attack my completion and participate in this event. I've been considering doing this for a while. I am just kind of inviting myself into this in the middle of the year. I don't want to cause problems or anything so if this is an issue, please let me know and I'll track my completion some other way. I don't think prizes are on the line, but even if there are, I completely accept I would be ineligible. I just want a place to talk about completion percentage progress. At the beginning of the year, I decided I would try to get to 80% completion, but since then, I haven't done much to actually work on that goal. I can see that if I stay on my current trajectory, I'll end the year just like I began it. I've had my profile range from about 65-70% this year up and down and up and back down. I am finishing things, but starting just as much as I am finishing. I am resolving to put serious effort into working on my completion average starting today, and having a place to post about progress and hold myself accountable will help. I read the posts here every once in awhile and it has helped motivate me for short bursts. If I get involved weekly, I think I'll see some actual progress on raising it up to 80%. With that said, here I go with my first weekly update.

Over this past week. I started several new games, which is counter-productive to my stated goal. I knew there were a couple things that I was going to start right away, and I didn't want to publicly be like "I'm going to work on completion." then immediately do the opposite. So I've started the things I was thinking about starting. The damage is done already, so now I am here and the focus will be on driving the completion back up. To counteract my little spree of starting games, I am going to commit to taking 20 trophy lists to 100% before I start even one new title. Ten of those completions are planned for the upcoming Gaming by Numbers event already. The Mass Effect Legendary Edition accounts for four more. I've slowly been working on Demon's Souls with @gruffiiti so that's 15. I've got my VR set back up and have been playing Beat Saber for some cardio. I'll switch my cardio needs to BoxVR and try to finish that trophy list. I was also working on finishing Until Dawn: Rush of Blood the last time I had the VR set up, I'll give that another go. So there's 17.. AC Valhalla is on my radar, since I just finished AC Origins a week or two ago. Final Fantasy VII Remake... and Atelier Firis to scratch the JRPG itch I get. That's 20! I may decide to do slightly different games, but I will make sure to work on only things I've already started. 

Starting Completion: 68.51%
Current Completion: 68.51%
Goal Completion: 80.00%

100%s Since Last New Title: 0/20

Nice to see you here @Spacey Dweeb I was wondering when @gruffiiti would pull you over to this event too hehe.  I wish you luck in your goal, and I look forward to seeing you complete your task.  I will say 20 100% before a new game, yeah I could never do that lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

Hey everyone. I'd like to attack my completion and participate in this event. I've been considering doing this for a while. I am just kind of inviting myself into this in the middle of the year. I don't want to cause problems or anything so if this is an issue, please let me know and I'll track my completion some other way. I don't think prizes are on the line, but even if there are, I completely accept I would be ineligible. I just want a place to talk about completion percentage progress. At the beginning of the year, I decided I would try to get to 80% completion, but since then, I haven't done much to actually work on that goal. I can see that if I stay on my current trajectory, I'll end the year just like I began it. I've had my profile range from about 65-70% this year up and down and up and back down. I am finishing things, but starting just as much as I am finishing. I am resolving to put serious effort into working on my completion average starting today, and having a place to post about progress and hold myself accountable will help. I read the posts here every once in awhile and it has helped motivate me for short bursts. If I get involved weekly, I think I'll see some actual progress on raising it up to 80%. With that said, here I go with my first weekly update.

Welcome to the fun club, where the stats matter but the only prize is your own pride of succeeding. You have some lofty goals, good luck with them. @Squirlruler manages the official stats and as far as I know we are not adding new people to it. Alot of people though post their own stats, and there are some good examples throughout. 

Prior PCG: 62.89 (1 May)

Current PCG: 63.62

So with my last plat which is pretty fitting

S9f8ec0.png

With this game now begins in fury, the summer game challenge. These are all the games that are over 50% complete. My goal is to finish them all off. The idea is to have as many as possible done by my birthday, Sept 4th. It really is a summer fest since it is just about memorial day to labor day. So far I have been bouncing from trophy to trophy in various games. Keeps me from getting burned out from too much grind if I do small goals. 

S3bf1fa.pngSc4a4a6.pngSe71577.pngS9db5af.pngS65c4b9.png

S96a6f1.pngS94f81e.pngS361e74.pngS2354f8.pngS6b6556.png

S22d9f1.pngSfbb951.pngS23ad76.pngSb08f0e.pngS4c186a.png

Sff4cbc.pngS233fa1.pngS59b490.pngS959ce5.pngS02dc09.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Nice to see you here @Spacey Dweeb I was wondering when @gruffiiti would pull you over to this event too hehe.  I wish you luck in your goal, and I look forward to seeing you complete your task.  I will say 20 100% before a new game, yeah I could never do that lol.

Haha.. I had nothing to do with this but great to see you join in @Spacey Dweeb! A lot of us track our own stats weekly in addition to the monthly auto-list. Looking forward to seeing you hit that 20 game goal. ?

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 9:34 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

You won't have to do full runs to get all the loot, just replay the missions that you missed loot in. Sadly you do have to find all the loot every time.

It's always the most frustrating bit to do, but you can do it on the easiest difficulty to breeze through getting the loot and racking up more kills for the Genocidiary trophy.

I just need to do coop and my Morbid run on Vita, but I'm gonna do that after I finish Salt and Sanctuary first.

thanks for the tip, I was combining loot run with Grim run but I since I need so many kills anyway I better survive the levels and get the loot on brain dead

Guys, this makes no sense to me but as I earned trophies to games that were already in my list but with 0% my completion rate actually went down? ? as if they were not being counted at all, does anyone knows if that actually the site's behavior? My % from the past weeks went through the sink ???

6 minutes ago, Pauloxzak said:

Guys, this makes no sense to me but as I earned trophies to games that were already in my list but with 0% my completion rate actually went down? 1f632.png as if they were not being counted at all, does anyone knows if that actually the site's behavior? My % from the past weeks went through the sink 1f602.png1f630.png1f62d.png

I can't confirm but I have a vague memory of hearing that games below a certain completion 'rank' (i.e F or E) don't actually count towards completion percentage?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mareepx said:

I can't confirm but I have a vague memory of hearing that games below a certain completion 'rank' (i.e F or E) don't actually count towards completion percentage?

Correct, a game started but with no trophies unlocked does not impact your PCG. Once you get that first trophy you will get the completion hit.

• Like 2