Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

8 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Civilization 6 (PS4):

I got weak and started this game since I enjoy it on the PC and it was on sale.  Unfortunately it added 98 trophies to my unearned list lol.  I have made decent progress on getting through the trophies for the platinum, and a few for the free DLCs.  I still have the other DLCs all 9 of the 11 you have to pay for.  Luckily they are also on sale and grouped in packs so I can get a few at a time.  What I find nice about this game is I can easily play it will working since I can just put it down and save at anytime.  Which means if I have 30 mins to kill while waiting on something for work I can pick it up and play a bit.

Civilization 6 worth playing on console? I've never owned a proper PC and it has always been one of those games I wanted to try one day. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 6:43 AM, mareepx said:

Civilization 6 worth playing on console? I've never owned a proper PC and it has always been one of those games I wanted to try one day. 

My personal preference will always be PC, but that is cause I have love the Civilization series since it first came out on PC when I was a kid.  It is the reason I got my first computer.  That being said this is a very good port.  Unlike in the past when they have brought Civ games to consoles (civilization revolution 1 and 2) they have been watered down and lacking in features.  Generally I believe that being able to use a mouse and keyboard for the game would have been nice since you can plug them into a ps4, but I have gotten use to the controller over the last week and half.  It runs just fine on a standard ps4, which is what I have so that is good, though honestly I haven't gotten into any of the crazy huge matches you can set up with you against 15 other AI players.  I tend to use Civ for my murdering release and go domination victory before the game gets to big or too huge lol.  

All that said, if you are curious then yes it is worth the 14.99 it is on sale for right now.  It will unload a whole lot of unearned trophies on you in the beginning and some of the games/trophies will take a while to earn.  I.E. a science victory one can take a while to earn as you have to research all of the science and then build the components to launch to the moon and mars.  If you aren't familiar trophy hunting can be harder for this game, but if you want a fun game that you can easily pick up and put down then I say go for it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

My personal preference will always be PC, but that is cause I have love the Civilization series since it first came out on PC when I was a kid.  It is the reason I got my first computer.  That being said this is a very good port.  Unlike in the past when they have brought Civ games to consoles (civilization revolution 1 and 2) they have been watered down and lacking in features.  Generally I believe that being able to use a mouse and keyboard for the game would have been nice since you can plug them into a ps4, but I have gotten use to the controller over the last week and half.  It runs just fine on a standard ps4, which is what I have so that is good, though honestly I haven't gotten into any of the crazy huge matches you can set up with you against 15 other AI players.  I tend to use Civ for my murdering release and go domination victory before the game gets to big or too huge lol.  

All that said, if you are curious then yes it is worth the 14.99 it is on sale for right now.  It will unload a whole lot of unearned trophies on you in the beginning and some of the games/trophies will take a while to earn.  I.E. a science victory one can take a while to earn as you have to research all of the science and then build the components to launch to the moon and mars.  If you aren't familiar trophy hunting can be harder for this game, but if you want a fun game that you can easily pick up and put down then I say go for it.

Cheers Spinacheq. I was aware of the Revolution games but I knew they were quite heavily watered down from the original experience which is why I wasn't particularly interested. If 6 is much more faithful to the PC title then I'll have to add it to my ever growing wishlist of games I want and need to convince myself to buy even though my backlog shows no signs of getting smaller!

• Like 2

How do you guys stick with a single game? I've got 5 plats this year, but in addition to getting them, I've started a bunch of new games. I find it hard to stick with a single game. I also tend to get bored after an hour of playing. I used to be able to play for hours on end but not anymore. I know there's so many great games I want to play, but it's hard for me to dedicate myself to playing one. For instance, I've started Control, Final Fantasy VII Remake, God of War, Rime, Sackboy: A Big Adventure & Ratchet & Clank. I've also been playing a lot of MGS on my alt account on PS3. 

Edited by P3hmo6
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, P3hmo6 said:

How do you guys stick with a single game? I've got 5 plats this year, but in addition to getting them, I've started a bunch of new games. I find it hard to stick with a single game. I also tend to get bored after an hour of playing. I used to be able to play for hours on end but not anymore. I know there's so many great games I want to play, but it's hard for me to dedicate myself to playing one. For instance, I've started Control, Final Fantasy VII Remake, God of War, Rime, Sackboy: A Big Adventure & Ratchet & Clank. I've also been playing a lot of MGS on my alt account on PS3. 

You'll have to figure out a method that works for you.  For me, what works is setting goals and sticking to them.  I often will use starting new games as a reward for finishing a game.  Sometimes I'll alternate between a few incomplete games and sometimes I'll stick with a game until its done.  Typically this depends on the game and my level of interest in it.  More grindy plats I'm likely to play for short bursts while playing something else, but a shorter game that I'm enjoying I'll stick with until I've got the plat.

A couple of ideas that may work for you is to focus on shorter games, alternate between a few games, or go back to some old games with a goal in mind of earning a small number of trophies.  If you're growing completely bored of the games your playing after an hour you also may want to try different types of games out because maybe the games you're playing just aren't for you and other games would grab your interest more.  I know I had a much easier time sticking with games once I stopped playing popular games and instead played games I found myself that sounded fun.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

Overwatch

To put it frankly - how good are boosting groups? I have almost platted the game thanks to a late night with 12 people found on the Overwatch boosting server on discord. There were a few Damage character trophies that I was never going to get on my own as a healer main - Hanzo, Reaper and Mcree were all ticked off my list. I still am proud to say I earnt rapid discord legit.... 

Cool! I've joined that discord in hopes that I'll be able to boost it too in the near future

8 hours ago, Pauloxzak said:

Cool! I've joined that discord in hopes that I'll be able to boost it too in the near future

It's luck of the draw some nights. I have tried 4 times and found 2 games that we could could boost (they were both last weekend in the same session). It can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours to find a game. Patience is key lol. The other thing that people don't really talk about is that you need to keep moving and shoot often - otherwise you are booted and you need to search for a session again. We had two people go afk and it really sucked. 

8 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

It's luck of the draw some nights. I have tried 4 times and found 2 games that we could could boost (they were both last weekend in the same session). It can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours to find a game. Patience is key lol. The other thing that people don't really talk about is that you need to keep moving and shoot often - otherwise you are booted and you need to search for a session again. We had two people go afk and it really sucked. 

cool man!

This one is sitting on my list I just didn't know where to start. I just have joined that discord too. Not planning to work on it anytime soon but still

On 4/26/2021 at 6:08 PM, CaptainMonkster said:

So after starting in February with PCG: 51.38% with a goal of getting to 60%.... nearly 3 months later and it is 52.69% 

Why do I do this to myself x)

small steps makes the difference. The 60% looks far away but why don't you first concentrate in getting to 53%, taking some easy games first

Update 17. 4/30/2021

Starting PCG    32.61%
Previous Week 36.69%
Current PCG     36.90%
Goal = 50%

My main game this week was Ratchet and Clank. Got the plat for it in about 25 hours.  It was fun and only required a tiny bit of grinding near the end to get all the weapons to level 10. Other than that I picked up a few more misc. trophies in Street Fighter x Tekken Vita and Mortal Kombat X. I can't get the plat in either one, but there are still more easy-ish trophies I can unlock to bump up the completion % for each one. The shameful, trophy hunter game of the week was Legends of Talia Arcadia. You literally just hold R1 for a minute to get some golds and a plat, but I had a few leftover PSN bucks so I figured I'd waste them on a quick PCG boost. And now my quickest plat isn't that embarrassing 99 cent baseball game so that's a plus.

I was planning on picking up R-Type Final 2 but $60 for the complete version felt a little too steep with RE8 right around the corner. So I got RetroMania Wrestling instead. That dropped my overall completion % a little, but I'm going to binge the game tonight and get as many trophies as I can before the big monthly update tomorrow morning.

Overall, I thought I'd be a little further along towards my 50% goal but I'm still pretty happy with the 4.29% increase. I'm primed to finish off 5 or 6 games in May so that should help. And I've still got plenty of quick games sitting at low %s I'll get to eventually. 

Keep on keeping on!

• Like 4

Been slacking a bit lately, but one platinum made me go back and clean up the other one in the series :)

Started: 55.23%
Goal: 60.23% 

Current: 57.33%

:platinum: Zombie Army 4: Dead War :platinum:

Really enjoyed the game and played with some good players from this site to get the horde trophies. Loads of DLC content is included for free, but on the flip side the few maps that aren't included are way too expensive to justify buying just for 3 trophies, this leaves the game at 98%.

The grind to reach level 100 is real too.... There's a great method online, but it still means repeating the same 5 seconds for a few hours...

:platinum: Zombie Army Trilogy :platinum:

Due to the fun I had in Army 4, I decided to go back and finish off this one. Getting the collectables wasn't too bad whilst watching a guide, but one of the bottles you have to shoot, must've been moved in an update. This meant I kept having to go back to a level and making sure I wasn't going insane! Finally found it, giving me 100% collectables.

The multiplayer stuff, I got lucky and found someone in-game to boost each horde map and do the revivals with, this meant I was left with trying to do a campaign chapter with 4 people. This seems easy, except you rarely find those 4 people and you might join halfway through a map or have people quit out on you.

The severe 10,000 limbs was the trophy that I thought was going to be a grind, thankfully though, this was done before even finishing with random misc trophies.

Currently Playing:

Dark Souls III. After doing Demon's Souls earlier in the month, I've decided to go back and finish this off. I've started a fresh character as I understand the levelling mechanics etc better this time, so having a better time with it. I am however a bit worried about the covenant trophies which I'm definitely going to have to boost somehow!

• Like 4