What Is The Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Goro

Without a doubt, it was Beyond the Beyond for the original PlayStation. It was a turn-based JRPG. However, random battles occurred every 1-4 steps and the story didn't make any sense. Your care for the characters is equal to your care for the wrapper after finishing a candy bar.

It has to be said that the worst games I've played were all on the old Speccy, since regardless of the quality of modern games most of them load and few have game breaking bugs.  One of the biggest releases when I was a lad was Jet Set Willy, which had the infamous attic bug making the second half of the game unplayable.  Then there was Rambo, where if you finished the level and 'Got to the chopper' the system would simply crash.  I guess Advanced Lawnmower Simulator would be the worst game I ever played, but that was meant to be bad and unfortunately when YS ran an ironic 'Megagame' review my eight year old self lacked the awareness to pick up on it, so I was terribly excited to see it published as a cover game the next month...

Of the modern generation I found Def Jam: Icon to be the most disappointing and the movie spin off Beowulf to be the out and out worst.

YU-Gi-OH Forbidden Memories for the PSOne was pretty fun at the time, but looking back at it now that game was terribly broken, also there was this one time that I played a Beyblade game.

Edited by dino0301

From the Playstation Era

Populos (PS1)

Ergheiz (PS1)

Unlimited Saga (PS2)

Scaler (PS2)

Enchanted Arms (PS3)

Little Big Planet 2 (PS3)

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (PSP)

Jak & Daxter: TPL (Vita)

And from the PS4? Will let you know when the F*%$ing thing turns up and I actually get to play something.

Could name more from other consoles but won't go there.

Edited by Mystvayne

Dinosaur for the PS1. The entire game is literally just spamming the triangle button, there are many glitches, the camera and controls are wonky, and the game hardly works. The same goes for Frogger: The Great Quest for PS2.

The sheer amount of highly rated games on this thread really annoys me. Sure, it's fine that it's your opinion that the game is crap but a triple A, highly rated game can't possibly be the worst game you've played. Maybe you're just forgetting that when you post, or, unlike me, you've had an incredibly lucky time as a gamer steering away from truly garbage games.

Well for someone who don't play RPGs that much I'd expect you to say Terminator Salvation (since it's on your platinum list) :giggle:

Anyway, different people, different taste. I grew up playing mostly RPGs (not worried about time consuming games before). Now I'm worried because RPGs takes so much time to plat. So change of taste in games is inevitable.

I don't play RPGs much, wait . . what? I have :platinum:platinums in Ni no Kuni, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. And that's off the top of my head. I have absolutely no issue investing time in a RPG or any other game I like.

I think you just wanted to get a dig in on me for Terminator:Salvation because I hurt your feelings since I don't like Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts. Sorry, I still think they suck. You really shouldn't let my opinion bother you just as I could care less about your opinion, play whatever you want.

Personally I had fun with Terminator, I often play movie games if I like the movie, so I offer no apologies. However, I will say maybe you should strengthen YOUR PSN profile before trying to take digs on those of other people? :giggle: