Mystery Map [Feb 2021] [Win prizes] [Sign up Open during whole contest]

3 hours ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

@SteddeQuick question. How can one have accomplished mission 2 and have fewer than 3000 points total on the scoreboard?

I’m inferring that only points from mission 1 count whereas mission 2 is just an ‘obstacle’ before being able to accrue points again with mission 3. 

As you say.
The leaderboard with everybody on is the points that everybody gathered so far from Mission 1.
It has nothing to do with the scores from Mission 2, since Mission 2 was just an "obstacle".

For example, I finish my game in Mission 1 which gave me 791 p + 1000p for completing the Mission (1 791p in total)

So the leaderboard with everybody does not include any points from Mission 2.
However, everybody who manage to complete Mission 2 will get 1000p (as stated in the opening post).
But they have not been added yet.

I hope this answers you question. ?

• Like 3

As planned I changed my idea on Flatout 4... Finished Carrear mode, and started Flatout mode, but after getting a few golds, it was obvious that it would take way to long for the event... 

So, now I will be playing Kick-ass 2 in my search for the 3000 points... (although Kick-ass alone will not be enough..).

Hopefully by Tuesdays, I should have mission 2 done.. 

Here is the last update for Mission 2 before I release Mission 3:
6029975255b62d990e2a9f2c_Screenshot%202021-02-14%20at%2022.33.33-p-500.png'

We have 16 players ready!

Going forward I will update Mission 2 each day, so people not done yet know when the can/are allowed to move to Mission 3.

Here is the current Leaderboard
(players who manage to complete Mission 2 so far now, has their 1000 p added)

6029997f1f348f6d0c9ab25b_Screenshot%202021-02-14%20at%2022.42.43.png

Edited by Stedde
  • Like 4

A new week starts soon and it's time to release Mission 3!

60299b415a5d41834062ccbd_Screenshot%202021-02-14%20at%2022.50.40.png

Week 3 - Is that two empty spots in your Platinum cabinet?
Earn two platinum trophies, the older the better!

Points: Only the points for the two platinum trophies will be counted (by formula as stated in opening post)
A bonus will be given to games that has been in for backlog for a long time. The date/year when you took the
first trophy in the game will work as age counter.

The year when you took the first trophy on the game you get the platinum on, a bonus will be added according to:

2008-2011: + 200p
2012: + 180p
2013: + 160p
2014: + 140p
2015: + 120p
2016: + 100p
2017: + 80p
2018: + 60p
2019: + 40p
2020: + 20p

For example:
If I get the platinum on
Assassin's Creed III, which my first trophy was taken in 2014 I would get an extra 140p added. 

Rules: After you completed Mission 2 (15 Feb or later), the
first two Platinums that you earn will be counted/used after you completed Mission 2.

This should motivate you to complete two old games that you started playing a long time ago and did not finish, the farther back the better!

Will you might complete two easy ones that might not give as many points? Or go for the really old and hard ones?
Your chose your strategy to climb the leaderboard and to move on to the next and final Mission!

Edited by Stedde
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Stedde said:

A new week starts soon and it's time to release Mission 3!

60299b415a5d41834062ccbd_Screenshot%202021-02-14%20at%2022.50.40.png

Points: Only the points for the two platinum trophies will be counted (by formula as stated in opening post)
A bonus will be given to games that has been in for backlog for a long time. The date/year when you took the
first trophy in the game will work as age counter.

The year when you took the first trophy on the game you get the platinum on, a bonus will be added according to:

2008-2011: + 200p
2012: + 180p
2013: + 160p
2014: + 140p
2015: + 120p
2016: + 100p
2017: + 80p
2018: + 60p
2019: + 40p
2020: + 20p

For example:
If I get the platinum on
Assassin's Creed III, which my first trophy was taken in 2014 I would get an extra 140p added. 

Rules: After you completed Mission 2 (15 Feb or later), the
first two Platinums that you earn will be counted/used after you completed Mission 2.

This should motivate you to complete two old games that you started playing a long time ago and did not finish, the farther back the better!

Will you might complete two easy ones that might not give as many points? Or go for the really old and hard ones?
Your chose your strategy to climb the leaderboard and to move on to the next and final Mission!

I love this contest - sooooo fun ‘’

Cool idea.

Unfortunately, since the only unobtained platinums on my account are ancient PS3 games with dead multiplayer modes, I'll have to do two games from scratch instead. I've already reached 10% completion on Prey, so that will be one of them. The trophies earned along the way will easily give me the remaining 270 points to finish mission 2, as well.

• Like 1

Damn u :shakefist: choosing games based on year started, just done a load of old titles, xD 

oh well challenge 2 continues for me, hopefully i'll have enough points with the lego batman 2 plat

then onto, if i still have my save for them, i'll probably end up knocking out ICO and Demons souls.

5 hours ago, Stedde said:

We have until the end of March, right ?

Anyway, I'm still on mission 2, and now I know how to complete it (working on Kick-ass and Flatout 4 plat, but not earning them in mission 2, then unlock both for mission 3... That's likely my best shot of clearing both..) Almost everything in my backlog would take to long (even Arcana Heart 3, where I just need to do a combo for the platinum, but said combo would take quite a long time for me to do, since my input precision is crap and it requires 20 or something quarter circle input without fail..) 

Well, good luck everyone! 

I've been counting on Worms Rumble to fill up my 3k but it seems like it's going to take a few weeks more unless I just start idling. Oops. Might have to actually platinum something else.

I like the idea of the getting rewarded for finishing an old game, but with it only being 200p max it feels like it's still smarter to go for the rarest trophy you can, regardless of age, since the bonus for a rare trophy will be much bigger.

5 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I like the idea of the getting rewarded for finishing an old game, but with it only being 200p max it feels like it's still smarter to go for the rarest trophy you can, regardless of age, since the bonus for a rare trophy will be much bigger.

A platinum is 300 points ... lowest rarity is 0,1%, so max points you can get for 1 platinum is 300*1.999 = 599,7 points

So a 200p bonus doesnt look so low :o 

11 hours ago, Stedde said:

And i did a game started in 2011 as mission 1, damn :giggle:

Good luck everyone :) 

Did some quick maths and, with the maximum rarity possible (0.1%), the highest base score for a plat is 597 points (1.99 * 300). The 20 points scale between each year represents a difference of 3.33% in plat rarity.  So, a 200 bonus for the oldest range is a pretty sizable bonus. Also, Bonus will probably be added after, so the calculation shouldn't change.

Since I bought my PS3 and got my first trophy Dec. 17th 2011, I don't have that many games that can apply for the 200 bonus. In fact, I only played 5 games in that period: Hyperdimension Neptunia (too long), Yakuza 4 (way too long), 3D Dot Game Heroes (Difficult), God of War HD (Annoying, but doable) and Uncharted (Don't have it anymore).

I'll try my best to do God of War HD first and my second game will probably be either Need for Speed: Most Wanted or Jak 3 (both 2012).

Edited by ArtikSkarab

FilooGarooThanks! 

Sorry Savage_Sarabi, hopefully next Mission will suit you better.

When I saw what you did for Mission 1 DrEvilGuapo I felt a little sorry for you, like you said that Platinum had been quite good for this Misson. 

Sorry Leenewbe

That is correct Han_the_Dragon!

It does not scale. The bouns points are added afterwards. So in seblegamer example the max would be 799,7p300*1.999 = 599,7 +200)

Thanks for the 
additional info ArtikSkarab!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stedde said:

That is correct Han_the_Dragon!

What?

I was joking, because I always thought that the event ended at February 28th, not March 31st.. 

Anyway, I got Kick-Ass 2 essentially done, just need about 200 random points for mission 2 (Flatout 4, or maybe ModNations), then continue to clear mission 3..

32 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

What?

I was joking, because I always thought that the event ended at February 28th, not March 31st.. 

Anyway, I got Kick-Ass 2 essentially done, just need about 200 random points for mission 2 (Flatout 4, or maybe ModNations), then continue to clear mission 3..

Hahahah!

Sorry, I read it too fast. Deadline is of course end of February. ?