Will this ever get released for PS4/5?

arcanehornet_

They have already ported this game to Steam, which was reportedly a huge success. So I’m wondering, how haven’t they ported this to PS4 yet?

I assume it would be really easy to do, and if they did it on Steam i’m sure they could do it on PlayStation too.

I really want to try this game as a fan of Persona, but not exactly willing to buy a whole Vita for it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Herfelventure said:

Why don't you try it on steam then? Is it for the trophies? 

Yeah, I naturally want to play it on my preferred platform with trophies too. I’m not much of a PC guy.

20 minutes ago, monteblommie said:

It's atlus, they are not known for logical decisions.

Any normal company would have gone full multiplat already for the cash but not them, they rather keep games locked down to platforms while taking 8 years per game development.

Yeah..That’s sadly true. It would literally be free cash, but they’re really stubborn. But the fact that Persona Strikers came out for so many platforms sparks hope.

If they ever do, hopefully they remove that one hardcore rise fan trophy. Everything else about that game is perfect.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

It's Sega, one of most gold digger japanese SH like square enix, they will release the game everywhere sooner or later but due to their schedule they cant at the moment.  They want to bring both of Yakuza Inshin to the west too but they don't want to release to much remastered and new game this moment (or so they said in the Yakuza anniversary livestream last December)

2 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Yeah, I naturally want to play it on my preferred platform with trophies too. I’m not much of a PC guy.

Yeah..That’s sadly true. It would literally be free cash, but they’re really stubborn. But the fact that Persona Strikers came out for so many platforms sparks hope.

Persona Strikers came out on PC and Switch too beacause is considered a spin off by Atlus even if technically is a sequel. Both Persona Arena and Arena ultimax (sequel of Persona 3 & 4) too are multiplatform, only Persona Dancing 3-4-5 are PlayStation esclusives at the moment but i'm sure that is temporary

• Like 2

6 hours ago, monteblommie said:

It's atlus, they are not known for logical decisions.

Any normal company would have gone full multiplat already for the cash but not them, they rather keep games locked down to platforms while taking 8 years per game development.

Sad bad true. I noticed this especially in japanese developers. Square-Enix just to cite another one.

Not really a problem for me. I enjoyed a lot P4G on handheld, perhaps it won't run the same way on PS4/5. Also Vita has basically 0 exclusives and P4G is basically the only game that keeps that console alive.

Edited by DeathNyx
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...