Doom eternal dlc part 2

Thephoenixshow

Would be helpful to give some actual details on this - that link is broken, for starters. But yes, as the URL implies, the DLC releases tomorrow. Here's an article that works, as well as the trailer for it:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-17-doom-eternal-wraps-up-epic-doom-slayer-saga-in-ancient-gods-part-two-dlc-tomorrow

Few new added enemies, a dragon(?), and Doomguy gets a hammer. Sounds cool, need to get back to Doom Eternal's DLC, since I never finished the first part.

• Like 4

i loved the first dlc. the story tied up really nice, they finally embraced true doom design, by just throwing tons of the hardest enemies at you. the master levels do that too but they're optional. good to see the true doom hordes. and the cube boss was the coolest thing.

bought my year one pass at launch and don't regret it at all. just got outer worlds dlc to do aswel.

• Like 3

I hope this DLC isn't as terrible as the trailer makes it look. I want to play DOOM.... not Halo 2 mixed with Titanfall... I highly dislike the story direction of the DLC and will likely only be playing the 2nd DLC for trophies. About to start it as I'm finishing this post so we will see. I'm hoping for a chance that this DLC will redeem the franchise but I'm not counting on it. ?

5 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Anyone already finished and and got an average time how long the DLC will take? 

I'll probably do 2 runs like the first DLC.

1 - collectables and get to know the map layout

2 - get the 5 lives tropy

I’d say between 2 and 3 hours for a run, I did everything in my first blind run and it took me 3 hours ingame. It’s a lot simpler than the first DLC in terms of trophy requirements. Hope you enjoy!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ser_davos said:

I’d say between 2 and 3 hours for a run, I did everything in my first blind run and it took me 3 hours ingame. It’s a lot simpler than the first DLC in terms of trophy requirements. Hope you enjoy!

Good to know it's easier! I found the first DLC pretty hard but that's ofcourse because I had to relearn all the controls and just get back into the flow of switching weapons for the right moment :D

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Shipwreck24273 said:

Is this the last dlc or is there more coming later.

Dont remember but ID is focusing their time on the PS5 and Xbox Seires X/S versions of the game, but if they are doing more support for the game, it is just Battlemode content

• Like 2

Anyone else disappointed by the final boss of Part 2? No spoilers but I thought he was a little easy. I thought Hayden in Part 1 was a more satisfying fight. I'm also not saying this to brag, I just thought with all the insanity these two expansions brought there would be something more to it.

Absolutely stunned that id made this while working from home during a pandemic... like... fuck me man. That demands credit. A lot of us would have understood if they delayed this content but by God they ended up keeping their year plan on schedule and made some truly intense levels. One of the coolest devs in the industry if you ask me.

Edited by griffin123456789
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, griffin123456789 said:

Anyone else disappointed by the final boss of Part 2? No spoilers but I thought he was a little easy. I thought Hayden in Part 1 was a more satisfying fight. I'm also not saying this to brag, I just thought with all the insanity these two expansions brought there would be something more to it.

I think more annoying is the right word :P. He wasn't that hard for sure.

I also went for my route I posted earlier.

Collectables and all that stuff in run 1 and the +5 lives in my 2nd run.

If anyone wants the game 100% FAST. Just do it all in 1 run. It really isn't hard. No annoying slayer arena's and other optional stuff. 

Edited by Deluziion90

23 minutes ago, Sicho said:

the same question as with the main game and the first DLC:

does +5 mean having 5 extra lives at the end or having 8 (the initial 3 + 5)?

99% sure it means having 5, not 8.

In video game lingo, extra lives item pick ups that grant you extra lives you have to spend after your current one. Thus, having the life counter at 5 denotes having five extra lives at your disposal in case you were to die.

Been this way ever since I started gaming in the early 90s.

But if you're playing on easy and pick up all the lives, you should have 14 at the end if you don't die a single time. As long as you're playing on too young to die, it shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep glory killing constantly to fill up a certain new power up's charge bar.

9 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I think more annoying is the right word :P. He wasn't that hard for sure.

I also went for my route I posted earlier.

Collectables and all that stuff in run 1 and the +5 lives in my 2nd run.

If anyone wants the game 100% FAST. Just do it all in 1 run. It really isn't hard. No annoying slayer arena's and other optional stuff. 

I actually found this entire DLC way harder than anything in the base game or the first DLC. Had to actually ramp down difficulty to hurt me plenty at times because I got too fed up with some of the rooms just spawning waves and waves of enemies, and then having to waste ten minutes just because I got stuck in a corner for one second.

If I were playing this on a mouse and keyboard, I could see really enjoying the challenge in doing a nightmare playthrough but playing on a gamepad, I didn't really feel like going above hurt me plenty in terms of difficulty, as it just got annoying.

Edited by IDiivil

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

99% sure it means having 5, not 8.

In video game lingo, extra lives item pick ups that grant you extra lives you have to spend after your current one. Thus, having the life counter at 5 denotes having five extra lives at your disposal in case you were to die.

Been this way ever since I started gaming in the early 90s.

It wasn't like that in the main game, therefore the question.

In DLC 1, having 5 was enough.

Turns out it is like that in DLC2 as well. I answered the question myself because I just beat several minutes ago and I had 7 lives (had 8 but lost one right at the end of the boss fight lol) and got the trophy.

But in the main game, iirc, you had to have 13 lives (10 + the three to start with) to get the trophy that says "Beat Extra Life Mode with 10 Extra Lives".

On 3/19/2021 at 3:16 AM, griffin123456789 said:

Absolutely stunned that id made this while working from home during a pandemic... like... fuck me man. That demands credit. A lot of us would have understood if they delayed this content but by God they ended up keeping their year plan on schedule and made some truly intense levels. One of the coolest devs in the industry if you ask me.

I agree 100%. The boss was exceptionally simple to learn his moves and be able to dodge, and I was kinda hoping for a more exhilarating final boss.

Honestly the entire campaign seemed too easy compared the the base game and the first DLC. I play on Ultra Violence for first playthrough but for some reason Ultra Violence felt like Hurt Me Plenty. Not trying to flex, because I'll be the first to admit I'm no pro and have yet to beat any form of the campaign on Ultra Nightmare. I mess up too much for that. 

I did go back and fight the Dark Lord on Nightmare with no HUD or crosshair and it was just... still underwheIming. :(

22 hours ago, GeminiEntity said:

From watching videos and seeing what people are saying about the final boss, seems like they just took the Marauder concept and added to him for the final boss.

Pretty much.

On 19/03/2021 at 7:16 AM, griffin123456789 said:

Yeah i was surprised how easy final boss was, annoying more than difficult. The final level blew me away with the detail etc and like you say, for them to have done it from home, WOW.

I know my limits with difficulties but playing this dlc on a controller is on another level imo. Haven't played it with MSK but i imagine it's even better. I wonder what the future holds for this IP now

On 3/21/2021 at 5:16 PM, shakie19 said:

Pretty much.

Yeah i was surprised how easy final boss was, annoying more than difficult. The final level blew me away with the detail etc and like you say, for them to have done it from home, WOW.

I know my limits with difficulties but playing this dlc on a controller is on another level imo. Haven't played it with MSK but i imagine it's even better. I wonder what the future holds for this IP now

I built a PC last year and managed to snag the ultimate edition of this for cheap and, let me tell you, MSK is a completely different game with Doom Eternal. Quick swapping at 144fps is just eye meltingly good. Both DLC packs become jokes because of how fast you are.

Edited by griffin123456789