*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

31 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I’m going to still try both versions of Lords of Shadow when they arrive and I may consider just buying the EU copy if it patches. It’s the same list I believe. Is there any reason this would not work?

If they use the exact same trophy list that's going to be huge. I have a couple of trophies on this game from 2012 so any other regions would need to be able to add to the same list as NA, at least for me to use it as a solution.

Hey for what it's worth I wanted to add this in:

The issue with flOw on ps3 appears to be that all game download links in the psn store as well as download history download the glitched version of the game, regardless if you bought the game solo, part of the bundle, part of the journey collector's bundle, or downloaded the free valentine's day version of the game. The game itself refuses to check for an update because it's glitched.

However, if you have a physical copy of the game (the physical ps3 journey collector's edition), the installer for flOw will install a non-glitched version of the game that will then update properly.

Source: personal experience. I have multiple psn accounts that I've used to purchase various versions of the games in the past 10 years or so.

RE: Lords of Shadow. I have the physical collection disc (not vanilla). Was able to redeem/download the dlc. My internet is super slow though. Once I get a chance I'll install the dlc and run through the tutorial and see if I get all 14 missions. I'll come back with an update once I do that.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

If they use the exact same trophy list that's going to be huge. I have a couple of trophies on this game from 2012 so any other regions would need to be able to add to the same list as NA, at least for me to use it as a solution.

Is the UK version the one with the big 15 on the cover?

Slightly unrelated, but while I was checking for updates in my library and listing them all, I've noticed on the PS Store, the list off Ps3 games with addons went from 240 to 232 now. It looks like they already started getting rid of stuff inside the store.

Ok, so I have the physical Lords of Shadow Collection BLUS31382. Cracked it open this morning and was able to download both DLCs as well as Mirror of Fate. DLCs finally finished downloading so I installed them and booted the game. Went through the first part with the wolves and got to the map. Only 12 dots/chapters. No ability to download. Says it's the most recent version.

So yeah, this one doesn't work, y'all.

Is there a site to check if a game ever had a patch? Sonic 4 episode 1 and 2 say already updated to latest version but it’s at 1.00, same for Cloudberry Kingdom. 

Raiden IV updated 1.01

Resistance 3 updated 1.05

Metal Gear Rising updated 1.04

Metal Gear Solid 3 HD no update (1.00)

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising updated 1.02

Sonic Unleashed updated 1.02

Street Fighter x Tekken updated 1.08

Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z (game data installed but it doesn’t say which version it is)

Shadow of the damned (no update and a trophy popped as soon as I booted the game lmao)

The Saboteur (no update)

Wet (no update)

Puppeteer (no update)

Crysis (no update)

All EU pal versions.

Edited by Kcrack_Km
Updated

10 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Is there a site to check if a game ever had a patch? Sonic 4 episode 1 and 2 say already updated to latest version but it’s at 1.00, same for Cloudberry Kingdom.

There is but the web version is really slow.
Luckily someone made a version that you can download and open in Excel.
If it gives you an error and asks about recovering it (it did to me), then just say yes.
To make is easier to use Ctrl+F to search, delete column D.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSWYbfk4KsPqoHEayQ5N50Td4nPiEZWrdoQNFNUUaDjzwJIiaUkairUH6V6sscFp1xLr15FH5KyKPd0/pub?output=xlsx

Edited by Seraphim_Rez
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

4ae8d09023.jpg

It looks like it could be. It has reviews on Amazon that are all from the United Kingdom.

8a15dbebbb.jpg

However there's also what seems to be the standard EU release so I better let someone who actually owns a copy weigh in on this one.

I own the UK copy(pretty sure the bbfc is the UK standard though sometimes pegi rates the UK too) the latest patch downloaded perfectly fine don't know what this means though since I haven't got past the start-up screen since I don't have any intention on playing it rn. Since I have the latest patch will I have no problems with the DLC?(I haven't bought it yet its still in my cart).

Edited by Sir_TyroneOBE

7 hours ago, jayboo1991 said:

*) White Knight Chronicles Part 1 (EU, USK Disk) - doesn't work

No idea, if this affects trophys, but from what I see in the patch notes, I guess not.

As someone who has WKC1/2 platinums, I can say that change makes WKC platinum solo pretty much impossible. Without DLC quests and gear, you need to clear all 50 quests with an S rank (impossible solo, but was posssible with DLC patch quests), and craft 450/453 gears, many of them require drops from some of the hardest of these 50 quests.

Edited by SuperZay

I am currently on chat with sony customer support. They initially tried explaining that I was running a version of the game that didn't match my north american account and therefore would not update properly (Lords of Shadow Collection, BLUS31382). I explained that there are two Lords of Shadow BLUS codes, and the only difference is that one of them is the collection and includes the DLC voucher. They also tried walking me through how to manually update the game.

I've repeatedly explained that the issue is that I cannot access an update that I know exists (update 1.03) and the service rep just doesn't seem to know what to do.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

I own the UK copy(pretty sure the bbfc is the UK standard though sometimes pegi rates the UK too) the latest patch downloaded perfectly fine don't know what this means though since I haven't got past the start-up screen since I don't have any intention on playing it rn. Since I have the latest patch will I have no problems with the DLC?(I haven't bought it yet its still in my cart).

Thank you for the clarification. I guess we'll have to figure out next whether the trophy lists are truly compatible with NA, as well as the DLC. Doubt it on the DLC though, probably going to have to re-buy it for the UK region, but I hope I'm wrong on that one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Thank you for the clarification. I guess we'll have to figure out next whether the trophy lists are truly compatible with NA, as well as the DLC. Doubt it on the DLC though, probably going to have to re-buy it for the UK region, but I hope I'm wrong on that one.

No I will need to rebuy the dlc for sure.