Wishlists are back!

Bos10George

It looks like Sony finally fixed at least 1 of their mistakes. I heard they added the function to the desktop store a while ago, but the PlayStation app now has the wishlist function returned. Once we get the ability to sort games again, I can go back to spending money on games I will probably never play.

• Like 4

Before anyone asks: No, they didn’t bother to import any previous wish list PS4 titles into the relaunched wish list. You’ll have to start it from scratch. 

Seems like it would have been too much to expect Sony engineers to think about how much end users would appreciate that, but yet I had hope. 

• Like 4

Is it also possible to browse your friends' wishlists just like on the OG Browser Store or was this forgotten like every other small feature Sony has taken way from us for the sake of inconvenience?

I never understood the concept of stripping preexisting features and reintroducing them, why can't they just have them available day 1? Wishlist was (and still is) a beneficial feature and I can't see in any way why anyone would not want it implemented.

1 minute ago, Trini said:

I never understood the concept of stripping preexisting features and reintroducing them, why can't they just have them available day 1? Wishlist was (and still is) a beneficial feature and I can't see in any way why anyone would not want it implemented.

Because it’s not stripping anything if it’s a whole new code base. They have to recreate functionality from another code base inside a new framework. And when it’s all being created from scratch on a new project and on a timeline, there is an order to which features get recreated. 

It’s a bit like saying every new house that’s built starts by stripping all the bathrooms and the kitchen and not understanding why they couldn’t use the same kitchen that was in another house. 

32 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Because it’s not stripping anything if it’s a whole new code base. They have to recreate functionality from another code base inside a new framework. And when it’s all being created from scratch on a new project and on a timeline, there is an order to which features get recreated. 

It’s a bit like saying every new house that’s built starts by stripping all the bathrooms and the kitchen and not understanding why they couldn’t use the same kitchen that was in another house. 

But the feature exist now within the store, so how is that not stripping when it was there previously? It had to take the community to band together and push them to roll it out, maybe they would have done it eventually but it surely wasn't coming on the horizon anytime soon. They had to rework the entire PSN store anyway so why is that somehow a lesser task than the wishlist?

Edited by Trini

2 hours ago, Trini said:

But the feature exist now within the store, so how is that not stripping when it was there previously? It had to take the community to band together and push them to roll it out, maybe they would have done it eventually but it surely wasn't coming on the horizon anytime soon. They had to rework the entire PSN store anyway so why is that somehow a lesser task than the wishlist?

It’s a new store. Who’s to say it wasn’t on the roadmap for the new store the whole time?

15 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

It’s a new store. Who’s to say it wasn’t on the roadmap for the new store the whole time?

Exactly, "who's to say", we won't have any probability that they would implement it it all if the community's impact didn't have something to say about it. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Djeheuty said:

Probably a dumb question but I don’t get how to delete purchased games from the wishlist in the PS app. Once purchased there’s no more heart icon on the games and they’re locked into my wishlist.

That sounds like a bug - they are supposed to remove themselves from your wishlist automatically once purchased - mine certainly have been doing so - so there is probably not a manual way to do it.

May be worth deleting the app and redownloading?

18 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That sounds like a bug - they are supposed to remove themselves from your wishlist automatically once purchased - mine certainly have been doing so - so there is probably not a manual way to do it.

May be worth deleting the app and redownloading?

I tried but unfortunately didn’t work, all the games are still there labelled as purchased, maybe it’s a bug in this version of the app. Only option available is to dl the games on console but even if I do they won’t remove. 

17 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Is there a wishlist on this site? I'd be a lot more interested in that

Not on this site but maybe you might find this useful

2 minutes ago, Djeheuty said:

I tried but unfortunately didn’t work, all the games are still there labelled as purchased, maybe it’s a bug in this version of the app. Only option available is to dl the games on console but even if I do they won’t remove. 

That's a bummer - I can imagine that would be super annoying!

The app does go through pretty quick revisions, so hopefully it should sort itself out at the next update - bit of a silly oversight if they don't fix that!

EDIT - wait - I just realised - do you mean the app on the actual console? I though we were talking about the app on phones  sorry if I misled you! 

Edited by DrBloodmoney

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That's a bummer - I can imagine that would be super annoying!

The app does go through pretty quick revisions, so hopefully it should sort itself out at the next update - bit of a silly oversight if they don't fix that!

EDIT - wait - I just realised - do you mean the app on the actual console? I though we were talking about the app on phones  sorry if I misled you! 

No you understood correctly, I actually meant the app on phone.

It’s indeed annoying because I can’t add new games as it says wishlist is full when I could actually delete at least 15 games.

Well I guess i’ll have to wait for next update and hope it gets fixed.