Update a Trophy List

BlindMango

19 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I know they have the same dev, but I don't think it's a sequel? First time I've ever heard of them even being remotely connected.

Supposedly the ending connects with the protagonist from Titan Souls per https://collider.com/deaths-door-ending-explained/ and

1 hour ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Supposedly the ending connects with the protagonist from Titan Souls per https://collider.com/deaths-door-ending-explained/ and

Okay, but does that really make them a series and what would the series be called that would make logical sense?

Lots of games have connections to one another, but aren't exactly series. Control/Alan Wake, ICO/SoC/TLG, Persona/SMT (which we actually did that at one point and pulled back), and Manhunt/Bully.

However, there's no place to my knowledge where the devs themselves call it a series and give it a name. I'd want to see evidence of that before creating a series for it personally.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Can someone rescan the NA PS5 version wall2wall please? Because the whole list is missing icons but all of the other stacks are ne so maybe something happended with the original scan?

Unfortunately, this one looks to be a developer screwup that will require a patch to the game itself to fix it so all you can do is email them and hope they bother to patch it :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Can someone rescan the NA PS5 version wall2wall please? Because the whole list is missing icons but all of the other stacks are ne so maybe something happended with the original scan?

I rescanned it to be sure, but like @HuntingFever said it's a developer screwup that has to be fixed by them. Though I wouldn't hold my breath on a shovelware developer actually taking the time out of their "busy schedule" to make an improvement like this lol

• Like 2

On 4/27/2024 at 7:33 PM, MvComedy said:

I have two suggested updates for Playstation Series lists.

1. I believe that Gargoyles Remastered (NA and EU) should be added to the Disney Classics list.

2. Zero Fire should be added to the Toaplan Arcade list. Brainwashing Game Teki Paki also should qualify (as NO STAGE) because it is a retro Toaplan game that is exclusively available as a bonus download when purchasing Kyukyoku Tiger Heli. I also suggest changing the name of this series to "Toaplan Arcade Garage", the label used for the series in Japan.

Just curious if this was overlooked or if you think these additions to the series lists aren't appropriate?

And thank you for updating the Double Dragon list from my other post.

1 hour ago, MvComedy said:

Just curious if this was overlooked or if you think these additions to the series lists aren't appropriate?

And thank you for updating the Double Dragon list from my other post.

I updated the name of the series for Toaplan Arcade Garage (it clearly say "garage" on all the games and added Zero Fire to the series.

Question on Teki Paki though. Does it play similar or follow the story (if there is one) of the series or is it literally just a fun little game added on? No stage is reserved for spin off games and I'm essentially wanting to know if this is indeed a spin-off and not just an added free game if you know what I mean. Based on what I read, this seems like a spin-off, but I thought it would be better to check with you first.

For Gargoyles, I'm not sure if the Disney Classics is based off of what Disney classifies the game as (Disney does bundle some games as "classics") or if it's just "We add Disney games here." I'll leave that to @Dreggit or @BlindMango to decide.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I updated the name of the series for Toaplan Arcade Garage (it clearly say "garage" on all the games and added Zero Fire to the series.

Question on Teki Paki though. Does it play similar or follow the story (if there is one) of the series or is it literally just a fun little game added on? No stage is reserved for spin off games and I'm essentially wanting to know if this is indeed a spin-off and not just an added free game if you know what I mean. Based on what I read, this seems like a spin-off, but I thought it would be better to check with you first. 

Teki Paki is not related to the other games by story, but neither are Kyukyoku Tiger-Heli and Hi Sho, Same Same Same (or Zero Fire) related by story. The Toaplan Arcade Garage label is an effort to bring all of Toaplan's Arcade library to consoles. So far, the three disc releases have all been headlined by shmups, but that's because those are the most famous games in Toaplan's stable - each game also includes free DLC to download lesser-known titles. Teki Paki was the only one to receive trophies because it downloads as a separate bonus title instead of DLC within the main games.

So the series is in a similar vein to the Capcom Arcade series list - collections of games related by the fact that they're all classic Capcom arcade titles. I think the precedent is already there since we already have a series list for Toaplan generally.

Edited by MvComedy

1 hour ago, MvComedy said:

Teki Paki is not related to the other games by story, but neither are Kyukyoku Tiger-Heli and Hi Sho, Same Same Same (or Zero Fire) related by story. The Toaplan Arcade Garage label is an effort to bring all of Toaplan's Arcade library to consoles. So far, the three disc releases have all been headlined by shmups, but that's because those are the most famous games in Toaplan's stable - each game also includes free DLC to download lesser-known titles. Teki Paki was the only one to receive trophies because it downloads as a separate bonus title instead of DLC within the main games.

So the series is in a similar vein to the Capcom Arcade series list - collections of games related by the fact that they're all classic Capcom arcade titles. I think the precedent is already there since we already have a series list for Toaplan generally.

Thanks for the explanation. I added it to the series! 👍 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MvComedy said:

World to the West takes place in the same universe as the Teslagrad series.

I think it's been discussed in the past.

Judgment and Yakuza share the same universe, but they have their own series. Same as Onechanbara and School Girl/Zombie Hunter.

In other words, they won't share the same series.

37 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I think it's been discussed in the past.

Judgment and Yakuza share the same universe, but they have their own series. Same as Onechanbara and School Girl/Zombie Hunter.

In other words, they won't share the same series.

Okay. It's an older game, I doubt I would have found the point within this thread where it was brought up.

What is the criteria for games in a shared universe sharing or not sharing a series list? Do they just need to be subjectively different in terms of gameplay? Multiple titles in a spinoff series to justify having a series list of it's own?