I got scout log 9 and figured out how to get it

GorosBat

I have not tried specifically to get log 9 before, but when necessary I have tried with the parasite (1) and surprisingly found it on my first try (speedrun through location).

Edited by Tsympil

Sorry just some clearification.

Scout Log 9  - I've never been able to get this to to spawn after 50 plus runs. What I did was start a new game to test some stuff and I got log 9 literally within the first 10 minutes. It was in a room I've never seen before when farming on my main game. And I hadn't even gotten the parasite cut scene yet or died yet in that new playthrough.

Scout Log 10 - this is the reconstructor trick. Use the reconstructor, die and get revived by this, and then on your next cycle, find the reconstructor in biome 1 and it should be in the same room.

Edited by Faythi

hey guys, i also have the same problem with scout log 009 and also the trophy cards gliched for me in a pretty weird way i was missing 2 cyphers and 2 scout logs. I collected i scout log and the last 2 xeno cyphers, after that the trophy card for overgrown ruins just dissappeared, a day later the trophy card came back and it says 99% and im missing one scout log and sometimes the trophy cards dont show up at all.

Everything pretty buggy if you ask me.
Side note: i played online 24/7 to prevent glitches with the trophy cards

Pretty sure OP has just been super lucky with it. Seen other say they found it on a random long platform, and one on a small platform you grapple hook to. 

I, like many others has tried the reconstruction thing and with nothing showing up. So it most likely is just pure luck. It is a rogue-lite after all, so would make sense. 

• Like 1

Scout log 10 definitely spawns after you use the reconstructor. However, I don't think anyone has found a reliable way to spawn log 9. I just ran the first biome for 7 hours and still couldn't find it. It's the last thing I need for the platinum and man is this shit annoying.

Even though the log itself is about parasites, I don't think there's anything parasite related you have to do before you can find it. I've tried beating the act with 5 parasites, removing parasites with the machine, not picking any parasites in a run and the log still doesn't want to spawn. I just seem to find the same optional rooms with very little variation between them.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that the room is just incredibly rare. But why would they make a single room with nothing but a scout log so hard find? Who knows, but the other biomes weren't nearly as annoying as the first one. For example, when I did runs for the last biome, I'd say that every 5th run I found a new room.

I do hope that someone finds a reliable way to spawn it.

Just got the platinum, had to go beat the game, then went back to biome 1 and there were two new logs. I was able to get through the new game in about 4 hours. Honestly it was just more fun than mindlessly farming biome 1 for that rare room/log

53 minutes ago, Faythi said:

Just got the platinum, had to go beat the game, then went back to biome 1 and there were two new logs. I was able to get through the new game in about 4 hours. Honestly it was just more fun than mindlessly farming biome 1 for that rare room/log

Do you mean you started a new game and collected the missing collectibles there?

8 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

HELP:

Biome 3 card says that we need to "survive the containment area".  What's that? Also, I'm only missing one cipher in that level. 

The challenge rooms with 3 waves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Do we have to do it for the trophy tho? 

Everything on the Activity Card yes

• Explore one secret area
  • Collect every Xenoglyph Cipher
  • Retrieve severy Scout Log
  • Scan every Xeno-Archive
  • Survive the Containment Area
  • Eliminate the boss

4 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

Do you mean you started a new game and collected the missing collectibles there?

Yeah, I just couldn't get scout log 9 to show up at all, so I started a new game and when I saw I got it within the first 10 minutes, I just decided to go ahead and beat the game and reget all the collectibles in biome 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_PaNtsONh3aD said:

Everything on the Activity Card yes

• Explore one secret area
  • Collect every Xenoglyph Cipher
  • Retrieve severy Scout Log
  • Scan every Xeno-Archive
  • Survive the Containment Area
  • Eliminate the boss

What is the definition of a secret area?

10+ hours and found the room with Scout log 9 3 times. Still haven't found the last Cipher. I have no fucking clue anymore how to find this thing -_-..

For log 9 I didn't do anything special just speedrunning through it. (Still need to kill the last boss to get my act 3 trophy)

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

10+ hours and found the room with Scout log 9 3 times. Still haven't found the last Cipher. I have no fucking clue anymore how to find this thing -_-..

For log 9 I didn't do anything special just speedrunning through it. (Still need to kill the last boss to get my act 3 trophy)

This gives me hope for Scout log 9, I've been searching all day

For the last cipher, did you find the one that's usually located behind the hidden red/stone breakable wall that's up high? Its in one of the common areas but im not sure which one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ToTheEmber said:

This gives me hope for Scout log 9, I've been searching all day

For the last cipher, did you find the one that's usually located behind the hidden red/stone breakable wall that's up high? Its in one of the common areas but im not sure which one

Hmm I'm not sure about a breakable wall. The only wall I found was a scout log + a cube for a new item. 

1 minute ago, Deluziion90 said:

Hmm I'm not sure about a breakable wall. The only wall I found was a scout log + a cube for a new item. 

Hmm okay that could have been it then, I just remember that's where I found my last cipher

2 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I still haven't found all the ciphers (but am close) just recently I found one tricky one. In one of the regular RNG areas in-between with a few smaller mob enemies there will be an orb form Biome 6 flying in the sky. If you shoot it, it will create a platfrom to reach the 'hidden' area above otherwise unreachable. There was a cipher and the 'grenade-launcher' / not rotlauncher weapon I scanned for the first time. They were not marked on the map until I reached the platform however the small ledge was marked just as terrain which got me curious how to reach it.

I am also not done with Act 3, missing the last fragment form Biome 6.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

I still haven't found all the ciphers (but am close) just recently I found one tricky one. In one of the regular RNG areas in-between with a few smaller mob enemies there will be an orb form Biome 6 flying in the sky. If you shoot it, it will create a platfrom to reach the 'hidden' area above otherwise unreachable. There was a cipher and the 'grenade-launcher' / not rotlauncher weapon I scanned for the first time. They were not marked on the map until I reached the platform however the small ledge was marked just as terrain which got me curious how to reach it.

I am also not done with Act 3, missing the last fragment form Biome 6.

That's interesting. Will definitely gotta look for that.

Which is also weird how some people claim to get all ciphers and haven't even unlocked the white orbs yet..