I finally got platinum

Zloj_Pes

1 hour ago, Lowlliet said:

I don’t believe that you got all 5 gold trophies in 1 day when there are people who need 20+ hours for 2 collectibles.

I’m looking for 2 ciphers in Crimson Wastes for a half a day and still nothing. There’s gotta be some sort of a trick you’re not telling us. 

it was a very long day and biome 1, I started on May 1 and finished it only on May 2, it took me the most time. it took me 20 hours to complete 3 acts and collect everything. My only secret is that I didn't fight anywhere, only if it was necessary and if I saw a familiar room, I didn't have to go there at all. and I looked 90% on the minimap, because everything is marked there

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zloj_Pes said:

it was a very long day and biome 1, I started on May 1 and finished it only on May 2, it took me the most time. it took me 20 hours to complete 3 acts and collect everything. My only secret is that I didn't fight anywhere, only if it was necessary and if I saw a familiar room, I didn't have to go there at all. and I looked 90% on the minimap, because everything is marked there

I’m doing the exact same thing but after 15 hours of running through 2nd biome, still nothing. I’m starting to think that maybe one of my collected ciphers glitched or something and there’s no way to know if it did or not because there’s no in-game tracker. 

Edited by Lowlliet

4 minutes ago, Lowlliet said:

I’m doing the exact same thing but after 15 hours of running through 2nd biome, still nothing. I’m starting to think that maybe one of my collected ciphers glitched or something and there’s no way to know if it did or not because there’s no in-game tracker. 

do you have 19 out of 20 or 18 of 20? because I have in my second biome, a trophy fell out when I found 19 out of 20

Where are the xeno-archives room in biome 6? I need to find those for my last survey trophy (and plat).

I went there kill the boss many times but never found them. That room always spawn in every run and every biome.

Is it before you drop into deeper ocean floor mid level or aftet that? 

8 minutes ago, boonperm said:

Where are the xeno-archives room in biome 6? I need to find those for my last survey trophy (and plat).

I went there kill the boss many times but never found them. That room always spawn in every run and every biome.

Is it before you drop into deeper ocean floor mid level or aftet that? 

There's a hidden area. It looks like a straighy path ends abruptly but you can just fall down a fair way and it's hidden deep within the water.

Im still struggling working out how to read how many collectables I've got per biome so I dont know what im missing. I seem to be missing the fifth zero archive statue in the first world. Does anyone recall there being a log or glyph after the first boss?

22 hours ago, Zloj_Pes said:

it all depends on what you missed, I can't tell you the exact location, but what I can tell you is that, I  speed run too and did not collect the keys, and I did not have a single sign left behind the closed door, I found everything in open places

Thank you, that'll help a lot because finding key will take more time to complete each run.

Edited by TranQuangHuy

17 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

I'm worried something similar happened to me.  Did you ever collect a cipher and have the text "xenoglyph cipher found" pop up but without a number? I remember this happening at least twice to me where it didn't show like 17 out of 20 in the text.  I'm wondering if this is a bug that prevents completion, or if it's still counting that item.

Well, I finished the game (ACT 3) in like 40 hours and 4 days before release. I am now at 160 hours and done 112 runs through Crimson Wastes and I cannot find the last 2 Xenoglyp Decipers on the walls. 112 runs - 0 new rooms, nothing. I literally know the spawn patterns by few key rooms by now. How is that possible? I have gone through every type of room (53 different) so many many times - nothing. It seems impossible, bugged or there is some hidden condition. I think 100 hours to chase one stupid collectible trophy is insane and bad game design. It should have been done 100 hours ago, yet I am still in this shit situation and I don't think there are any more rooms to be found.
Do you have a video for Crimson Wastes? I want to compare the locations. Only thing now is that I have somehow missed them in the rooms I know by heat now hundreds of times.

5 minutes ago, binraix said:

Well, I finished the game (ACT 3) in like 40 hours and 4 days before release. I am now at 160 hours and done 112 runs through Crimson Wastes and I cannot find the last 2 Xenoglyp Decipers on the walls. 112 runs - 0 new rooms, nothing. I literally know the spawn patterns by few key rooms by now. How is that possible? I have gone through every type of room (53 different) so many many times - nothing. It seems impossible, bugged or there is some hidden condition. I think 100 hours to chase one stupid collectible trophy is insane and bad game design. It should have been done 100 hours ago, yet I am still in this shit situation and I don't think there are any more rooms to be found.
Do you have a video for Crimson Wastes? I want to compare the locations. Only thing now is that I have somehow missed them in the rooms I know by heat now hundreds of times.

I missed one cipher at the beginning in the desert in one of the laser type side rooms. There are 4 triangles on the minimap there, 4 consumables and I didn’t notice there is a cipher among them. 

Another one was in the temple in a side room with a circular hole in the middle without enemies. That one was quite rare. 

Last one was after the temple. Main room with platforms and you need to use the grapple and shoot the blue orb. There is a chest and a cipher. 

These 3 were the hardest for me. 

My last cipher in the Crimson Wastes was some connecting room in the final part of the mountain ascent that had a missing floor but you could grapple up and then shoot an orb to create platforms to get to a higher ledge with the cipher on the wall.  I ran through well over 30 times before I saw this room a single time, it seems extremely rare to me.  It isn't really a legit room either because it seemed to just be a connecting room between two main rooms where enemies spawn.  Maybe that will help some people if they are still looking for one more and hadn't seen this one yet.  You can just run straight through the desert and temple without looking around since the biome is broken up into three parts.  I think this room likely only spawns in the third near the top of the mountain between main combat rooms.

The in game tracker for Crimson Wastes is also bugged and inaccurate.  The trophy pops at 19/20 instead of 20/20.  I don't know why it is like that.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 1

WARNING:

On biome 3 you do have to clear the yellow room (complete the card) for the trophy to pop. 

I'm now just missing level 2, 5 and 6.  3 glyphs, 1 log and another log and 2 glyphs respectively. 

Gonna rest and wait for the update to drop. 

• 1 year later...
On 03/05/2021 at 5:41 PM, DKShadow said:

The difficulty isn't the problem for me either (I completed the game with 1 death), but I have so far spent more than 15 hours JUST on Overgrown Ruins trying to get the last Scout Log to spawn - without luck.

Lol 1 death would have loved to have seen that

• 2 months later...

Congrats on the Platinum. I’ve shelved if, I play games to have fun and Returnal just isn’t fun to me, way too many mechanics and elements to it that actively work against you.

I really think this shouldn’t have been a proper Rogue-lite as it destroys any actual desire to play on, for me at least. Losing everything, all my health boosts, proficiency, weapons etc. absolutely sucks and I didn’t really enjoy the combat as too much litters the screen at once and it’s too hectic. Needed to have more in the way of permanent progression.

Some gluttons for punishment may find having to repeat randomly generated levels dozens of times, making literally NO progress fun, but I don’t.

Game’s honestly terrible, don’t get the hype or love for it, played it for a few hours and it doesn’t even do what it’s trying to well. Artificial difficulty isn’t difficulty

• 2 weeks later...

I was going into this game really dreading the collectible hunt, but I just finished after a weekend of playing at 26 in game hours. I had around 1/3 to a 1/2 collectibles of each region done in my story playthrough and I managed to beat all but one boss on the first try. The main biome that gave me RNG trouble was 2 and 3, but I got 2 done before most of the others. I must be extremely lucky to have only needed around 30 "deaths" worth of retries. Playing Offline really seemed to help with generating the rooms I needed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum in 66+ hours and roughly 2 weeks from first to last trophy, suspend mode really helped with progress and learning the enemies which made combat much easier compared to first runs. Cyphers took the most time and maybe achieved the game purpose of returning over and over, kind of drained the fun out of it.

Story wise felt intriguing when discovering first scout log, for the end I would have expected she wakes out of a coma/nightmare or something like that, a bit disappointing but maybe room for a sequel, I hope they don't stress so much this random room/collectibles mechanic if they make another one.

Edited by Barspintruck

• 2 weeks later...
On 24.04.2023 at 7:49 AM, Oberlin1694 said:

Congrats on the Platinum. I’ve shelved if, I play games to have fun and Returnal just isn’t fun to me, way too many mechanics and elements to it that actively work against you.

I really think this shouldn’t have been a proper Rogue-lite as it destroys any actual desire to play on, for me at least. Losing everything, all my health boosts, proficiency, weapons etc. absolutely sucks and I didn’t really enjoy the combat as too much litters the screen at once and it’s too hectic. Needed to have more in the way of permanent progression.

Some gluttons for punishment may find having to repeat randomly generated levels dozens of times, making literally NO progress fun, but I don’t.

Game’s honestly terrible, don’t get the hype or love for it, played it for a few hours and it doesn’t even do what it’s trying to well. Artificial difficulty isn’t difficulty

There is progress in every run. You will likely still have unlockable items and artifacts left after platinum. Also, every run permanently upgrades your weaponry. Every weapon has traits to unlock or upgrade and the more enemies you defeat with a certain trait equipped on a weapon, it increases in percentage permanently. This makes weapons in future runs be permanently stronger. Also you can save up on the currency through a couple runs and then have a bunch on the third run to have an upper hand.

How does progress/saving work in this these days? Thought I heard at release there was no real way to save and I sadly don't have the free time anymore to keep at a game for hours nonstop. Having said that, this looks like a lot of fun and I'd really like to try it. 

6 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

How does progress/saving work in this these days? Thought I heard at release there was no real way to save and I sadly don't have the free time anymore to keep at a game for hours nonstop. Having said that, this looks like a lot of fun and I'd really like to try it. 

You can save an quit now whenever you want.

I enjoyed the game and finished it. But I wasn't having enough fun to bother going for the platinum. There's only so many times you can go through levels that look the same

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

Playing without saving possibility was a lot of fun for me. But you have to have time for that.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm just on the final grind for the platinum now. 

I'm missing a few ciphers from Biome 2, just the one cipher from Biome 6... and, weirdly, a cipher from Biome 4. The last one is weird because I've done about 30 runs on Biome 4 now, and I just can't find the last one. 

Ah well, they'll come I guess. Just gotta keep grinding. Meanwhile, I got Biome 1, 3 and 5 ciphers with no grinding at all. In fact, for Biome 1 and 5, it was actually the scout logs you get post-Act III that gave me the survey trophies for those. So, swings and roundabouts on the RNG I guess. 

• 3 weeks later...

I fully believe playing offline is the play for the collectables. The game will spawn the common rooms far more often when you're online. It spawns the areas where players have died, so you can avenge their death. These will usually be the common rooms. Being offline, it doesn't need to spawn the rooms players died in. You're more likely to get the rarer rooms spawn.

I think playing offline and a bit of save scumming made the last 8 or so cyphers not that bad to get.

Edited by NathanW18
  • Like 1