Please help us choose a film to watch!

Kristen Danielle

Which film?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which film should my mother and I watch first? We have not seen either of them before.

• The Green Mile
    • The Shawshank Redemption

Since both movies are directed by the great Frank Darabont, I suggest you watch them in order of release:

1. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

2. The Green Mile (1999)

& if you like them, you can also watch the rest of Darabont's theatrical features:

3. The Majestic (2001)

4. The Mist (2007)

Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kenseizenkai said:

Since both movies are directed by the great Frank Darabont, I suggest you watch them in order of release:

1. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

2. The Green Mile (1999)

& if you like them, you can also watch the rest of Darabont's theatrical features:

3. The Majestic (2001)

4. The Mist (2007)

Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

the mist was so darn sad at the end made me sad what happens, wont say 

• Like 3

Glad you enjoyed it! Matter of fact, I've got it lined up for to me and my mom to watch pretty soon, myself... It'll be her first time Shawshanking. I know her well enough to know she'll at least like it... and as always, she'll undoubtedly be grateful for my warning her about impending violence and all that ?

Green Mile is great too, and like someone else in this thread I'd also like to give a shout-out to The Majestic. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Not a prison film or Frank Darabont, but I'll recommend 1408, which is based on a short story by Stephen King. It's about a haunted hotel room. Paranormal investigator Mike gets this postcard with The Dolphin hotel on it. Written on it is "Don't enter 1408". He sees that as a challenge and actually wants to book 1408 for the night. Samuel L. Jackson is great in this as Gerald the hotel manager, who tries to talk Mike (John Cusack) out of staying in 1408 at first, calling it an "evil fucking room". Mike still insists and finds out that's the truth.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

3 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Not a prison film or Frank Darabont, but I'll recommend 1408, which is based on a short story by Stephen King. It's about a haunted hotel room. Paranormal investigator Mike gets this postcard with The Dolphin hotel on it. Written on it is "Don't enter 1408". He sees that as a challenge and actually wants to book 1408 for the night. Samuel L. Jackson is great in this as Gerald the hotel manager, who tries to talk Mike (John Cusack) out of staying in 1408 at first, calling it an "evil fucking room". Mike still insists and finds out that's the truth.

I LOVE Stephen King's stories, but I don't do demonic movies. I'd like to see Hollywood remake Thinner with some good SFX, though.