[Confirmed] Potential Cheese for Paramour II/III & Insanity II/III

43 minutes ago, Varun10000 said:

Step 3: Delete ONLY the gamer profile, trilogy profile, launcher profile and the “Saved Data”. Not the actual game saves but the one that simply says saved data and has a different thumbnail than the rest. So don’t delete any auto saves or game saves. 

Step 4: Launch Mass effect 1 and go and check your in game trophies to confirm you have none. 

Step 5: Exit to launcher and relaunch Mass Effect 1 and go to trophies to confirm you now have all your Trophies again (weird I know). 

Step 6: Simply load your save before hitting the console from step 1 and beat Saren again and you should get Insanity 2 on the load screen

Step 7: Repeat steps 3-6 and you should now have Insanity 3 and have saved yourself a whole lot of time. 

This works like a charm, used it to unlock insanity 3. I had used the cheese to beat ME 1 on insanity and did ME 3 legit on insanity for reference.

EDIT: i imagine it glitches like this because the progress is saved separately. But launching the mass effect 1 still somehow gets the trophy progress overall even though it doesn't have the insanity complete check anymore on your save file for ME 1. I suppose the game sees you beat a mass effect game and checks the trophy list stored to see which next insanity trophy you're missing.

EDIT 2: I was on patch 1.02

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

This works like a charm, used it to unlock insanity 3. I had used the cheese to beat ME 1 on insanity and did ME 3 legit on insanity for reference.

EDIT: i imagine it glitches like this because the progress is saved separately. But launching the mass effect 1 still somehow gets the trophy progress overall even though it doesn't have the insanity complete check anymore on your save file for ME 1. I suppose the game sees you beat a mass effect game and checks the trophy list stored to see which next insanity trophy you're missing.

I’m glad it worked! I was hoping for some confirmation on this method and hoping that it keeps working for others! Cheers!

It may be a dumb question but does the paramour cheese just unlock along with insanity or are there a whole different method for doing the paramour 2/3 cause I'm seeing instructions for insanity 2/3 and paramour seems along for the ride but not instructions on how to cheese the paramour part

It may be a dumb question but does the paramour cheese just unlock along with insanity or are there a whole different method for doing the paramour 2/3 cause I'm seeing instructions for insanity 2/3 and paramour seems along for the ride but not instructions on how to cheese the paramour part

15 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

So for paramour you need a save before going to iilos where the romance scene triggers. And then by backing up your saves and deleting the saves I highlighted and then doing steps 4-5 and then loading the save before iilos you should get paramour 2 and then repeat for paramour 3. Paramour unlocks much before insanity because you don’t need to beat the game to unlock any paramour trophies 

4 hours ago, Varun10000 said:

If this method works for others then we can create a new thread so that people have the info more easily accessible. I hope this helps anyone struggling to figure out a way to easily get insanity2/3 and paramour 2/3 without having to do all the games on insanity.  

Thank you so much @Wrangberth & @Varun10000!!! I just tested your methods myself and they work. I did not have to do the Insanity glitch over again as inducated by Varun, I just checked my trophy list in game and that was the deal breaker. I wish I had tested this, as I initially noticed that it repopulated your trophies even without that save data. Weird, but glad you could run with it and make it work.

The OP has been updated into a working solution with credit to you guys. Enjoy :) 

• Like 2

You guys are incredible!  Having completed the game on the 360 back in the day, I really wanted to enjoy the series again, but that 4th list was making me hesitant.  I don't mind cheesing it as I've done it before, and now I don't need to cheese to prevent the 4th list from showing up on my profile either.  Cheers!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Reaper-BEL-1991 said:

Next big question is: does manipulating the savegames in this way affect 'Long Service Medal' ?

In theory, it shouldn't. The save file that is housing the information that you've carried forward a character + choices from game to game would be what you are backing up to the Cloud in order to do this glitch.

I will know in 3-4 days once I've completed Mass Effect 3, but others are free to input if they finish the game faster. If you are worried, you could wait until completing the trilogy to do this glitch. The chances for a patch are slim, but not 0% so I did it immediately. I'd much rather speed run all three games again if that's what it takes, then spend time suffering through three insanity playthroughs for the third time.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Varun10000 said:

I’m glad it worked! I was hoping for some confirmation on this method and hoping that it keeps working for others! Cheers!

Can confirm. Unlocked Insanity 2 and 3 with your steps. Steps 4 and 5 are most important. Checked this earlier, without doing those 2 steps and I didint unlocked Insanity 2/3, but after done this with those 2 IT worked. Now I can enjoy ME2 and 3 on normal

Edited by p4huc_
  • Like 4

Can also confirm Insanity cheese does indeed work. And as Varun said: If you beat the game legit on Insanity, you can skip half the steps and just do the delete files > load ME1 > Exit Launcher > > Boot up ME1 again > Load save file and beat again. 

No more headache from all the cheap crap i've been fighting against in ME2. Done it twice already (PC and PS3). So being able to skip it this way is fantastic. 

Even if it does effect Service Medal Trophy I would rather replay all 3 games again, over doing Insanity on ME3. 

Edited by Zuntenshi
  • Like 3

Wow such a great find by those who did the work on theorizing and testing these methods. I did insanity on the 360 versions and Andromeda but found it could really drain the fun, which is such a shame. It's really nice to be able turn to normal and just enjoy the stories on these great games without stress. And as to the long service medal, I agree as long as you remembered to download your backup cloud saves back to console after getting the insanity trophies there should be no problem. I got the soldier trophy for 1000 kills not long after I re-downloaded my backups so seems to me the stat tracking picked back up right where I left off. 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2021 at 2:55 PM, AerisFlowerGirl said:

In theory, it shouldn't. The save file that is housing the information that you've carried forward a character + choices from game to game would be what you are backing up to the Cloud in order to do this glitch.

I will know in 3-4 days once I've completed Mass Effect 3, but others are free to input if they finish the game faster. If you are worried, you could wait until completing the trilogy to do this glitch. The chances for a patch are slim, but not 0% so I did it immediately. I'd much rather speed run all three games again if that's what it takes, then spend time suffering through three insanity playthroughs for the third time.

Even if they end up patching it, you could still do it on physical from a 1.00 state right? I ask because I am not planning to get till 2-3 months later

20 minutes ago, lostforever77 said:

Don't call it cancer

You didn't have to play it on insanity 

I mean I didn't have to, but that's kind of the whole point of being on this site: collecting trophies. I find it hard to believe that anyone can have a fun time playing 3 on Insanity. (Or 2 for that matter...) The gameplay becomes incredibly tedious and frustrating, and to make things even worse, there are some sections that are insanely cheap. Like the boss battle in the Cerberus base; that was one of the most annoying things I have ever experienced in a game. Same goes for the boss of the Citadel DLC.

Overall I understand the appeal of 3, but for me Mass Effect isn't great because of the combat. It's great because of the rich lore, awesome characters and making tough choices that had an impact across all games. The more the series went on, the more it became just another shooter instead of an RPG. I still think 2 is the best one, even though it also had too much of a focus on combat. (In my opinion!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegacyOfTheAsh said:

Has anyone gotten the Long Service Medal after cheesing Paramour 2/3 and Insanity 2/3?

I’m about to finish up ME2 and will confirm after ME3 but I’m really confident there won’t be any issues. I redownloaded my save from the cloud and got the 2000 kill trophy in Mass effect 2 and the 100 meek kill trophy after 20 meele kills in mass effect 2. Also I’m pretty sure the tracking for the long service trophy is actually on the game saves and not the legendary edition saves since all its going to do at the end of ME3 is check to see if this character was imported over across 3 games

1 hour ago, Varun10000 said:

I’m about to finish up ME2 and will confirm after ME3 but I’m really confident there won’t be any issues. I redownloaded my save from the cloud and got the 2000 kill trophy in Mass effect 2 and the 100 meek kill trophy after 20 meele kills in mass effect 2. Also I’m pretty sure the tracking for the long service trophy is actually on the game saves and not the legendary edition saves since all its going to do at the end of ME3 is check to see if this character was imported over across 3 games

Okay cool. Thanks for the reply. I was fairly sure it wouldn't be an issue but just had to ask with everything else going on.

6 hours ago, Foremanskin said:

I mean I didn't have to, but that's kind of the whole point of being on this site: collecting trophies. I find it hard to believe that anyone can have a fun time playing 3 on Insanity. (Or 2 for that matter...) The gameplay becomes incredibly tedious and frustrating, and to make things even worse, there are some sections that are insanely cheap. Like the boss battle in the Cerberus base; that was one of the most annoying things I have ever experienced in a game. Same goes for the boss of the Citadel DLC.

Overall I understand the appeal of 3, but for me Mass Effect isn't great because of the combat. It's great because of the rich lore, awesome characters and making tough choices that had an impact across all games. The more the series went on, the more it became just another shooter instead of an RPG. I still think 2 is the best one, even though it also had too much of a focus on combat. (In my opinion!)

Still no reason to call it cancer. I'll get the platinum for 2, currently on my insanity run and you don't see me complain

20 hours ago, Salamandxrs said:

It’s not really fair for the people who does the 3 game in legit, but i guess that’s understandable..

This isn't a question about fairness. The achievements/trophies aren't unlocking due to an unintended bug and this is the only way around it.

20 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Even if they end up patching it, you could still do it on physical from a 1.00 state right? I ask because I am not planning to get till 2-3 months later

That's true, I do not see why not since it worked for at least one user on 1.00.

45 minutes ago, AerisFlowerGirl said:

That's true, I do not see why not since it worked for at least one user on 1.00.

Yup I did it on 1.0 thinking that the patch might be affecting the trophies from not popping but it’s been confirmed to work on any version for now. Even if they ever patch it, you can play it patched then reinstall and not Download the latest patch and still use your saves since it’s not patch restricted. I’ve confirmed that until patch 1.02 but I’m fairly sure it means they won’t ever patch restrict saves in the future