[EU] Remasters and Retro Sale | Ends 3/6

Neocarleen

Nothing I’ve really been on the lookout for, mostly just the same stuff that seems to go on sale every month or so. Shame since I have no games right now, might just pick up Bayonetta or something.

• Like 2

Apart from a couple of possibles, most of what's here is just bottom of the barrel shovelware that goes on sale almost every time there is a sale because it's simply not selling and the rest is stuff that the majority of players already have in one form or another. There are also a few new titles in this sale, that only came out within the last couple of months and the steep level of discount says to me they flopped hard so the devs/publishers are trying desperately to squeeze as much cash out of them as possible before they give up trying to flog them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

44 minutes ago, Happy said:

Nothing I’ve really been on the lookout for, mostly just the same stuff that seems to go on sale every month or so. 

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Apart from a couple of possibles, most of what's here is just the bottom of the barrel shovelware that goes on sale almost every time there is a sale.

Exactly. The same garbage over and over and over and over and over and over...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

Keep eyeing up Patapon 2 and Disney Afternoon Collection, so this might be the push to finally pick them up

I’m also intrigued by the new Bubble Bobble, but at £23 it still feels a bit too pricey

I bought it on day of release and erm, well it's ok I guess. As a huge fan of the original, this game feels more like a Bubble Bobble themed LittlebigPlanet stage than a new Bubble Bobble game. Doesn't feel quite right, you have to push down on the pad to pop bubble or else you auto bounce. The crawling mechanic is not fun either.

Sound and graphics are spot on, but the blocks/background gfx style, level design and bosses are really quite unmemorable.

It's not a terrible game though, however the trophies are pretty tough and it's pretty average. I wrote more in the Bubble Bobble 4 forum.

Certainly you should wait for a harder sale. Just my advice anyway.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

I've brought 3 games that have been on my wish list for a while and haven't seen on sale before, so a decent sale for me:

Super Hydorah

Cursed Castilla (Maldita Castilla Ex)

Straimium Immortaly

Was also considering Gods Remastered but as much as I loved it back in the day and for that I'm tempted, from what I've read, it should have remained in the past

7 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

Straimium Immortaly

Was also considering Gods Remastered but as much as I loved it back in the day and for that I'm tempted, from what I've read, it should have remained in the past

I bought it for ol' time's sake as well, and... it's not as good as I remembered? More hard and frustrating than anything. Would not recommend.

(Straimium Immortaly, on the other hand, is a TRIP. Skelly Selest, their other game, is also great)