My profile 1000 views celebration topic

lettmon

Aaaand... Is there any trophy for that or... Some site reward? I found all of those "stats" useless imho.
On regular forum you can earn some local achievements. Not implemented here.

So far I am only collecting warnings.

:D.

You just got one more!

11 hours ago, atlasxof- said:

I have 73K+ visitors 

Don't ask me how 

But yeah, where is my topic? 

Just on the forum, but your psn profile is not on the site. Wtf?

On 2021-05-26 at 6:23 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Hot tip  I've learned in my time on this site....

Want a bunch of profile views? 

Go on any thread and defend a Ratalaika game.

Your profile will be instantly flooded with a sea of amateur detective elitists and couch-bound keyboard gate-keepers, desperately flailing around and fishing for any ammunition they can find to call you a 'filthy casual' or a 'trophy whore' or to make fun of you for not having any 'hard games' - your view-count will hit the roof 1f602.png

It's even sweeter if you don't actually have any ammo for them either - there is nothing more delightful than posting about how you actually liked an easy game, seeing your profile view count skyrocket as the same predictable onslaught of elitists come a-knocking, and then getting no derisive responses -

it just means they couldn't find enough evidence to support their initial assumptions and just had to slink away fuming. 1f604.png1f604.png

On 2021-05-26 at 6:26 AM, KingShoutmon9999 said:

@DrBloodmoney
Sounds madness, although interesting to do lol. You certain this works? haha

At 2000+ views, and several unapologetic tirades, I can confirm this works.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lettmon said:

People who think that views are worthless and trophies are worth something will never succeed in life.

:popcorn:

Hahahaha ok this made me laugh out loud

As a trophy hunter I guess I have no choice but to concur lol

• Like 1

i get between 20-30 views a day i believe, i dont know exactly why but its not like it makes a difference because soon i will lock my profile and the views will be useless anyway ?‍♂️

On 5/26/2021 at 3:23 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Hot tip  I've learned in my time on this site....

Want a bunch of profile views? 

Go on any thread and defend a Ratalaika game.

Your profile will be instantly flooded with a sea of amateur detective elitists and couch-bound keyboard gate-keepers, desperately flailing around and fishing for any ammunition they can find to call you a 'filthy casual' or a 'trophy whore' or to make fun of you for not having any 'hard games' - your view-count will hit the roof 1f602.png

It's even sweeter if you don't actually have any ammo for them either - there is nothing more delightful than posting about how you actually liked an easy game, seeing your profile view count skyrocket as the same predictable onslaught of elitists come a-knocking, and then getting no derisive responses -

it just means they couldn't find enough evidence to support their initial assumptions and just had to slink away fuming. 1f604.png1f604.png

I find it's the opposite.

"Go on any thread and bash a Ratalaika game". There. I changed it for you.

You will be called an 'elitist' or a 'robot' or to bash you for being a complete asshole. Make any argument towards 'EZPZ' games, here comes the pitchforks and the cannons. Let's load the trenches and build up those castle walls.

My trophy has plenty, and I mean plenty of easy games. Having a bunch of games that I could get my five year old nephew to finish for me doesn't deserve any recognition, particularly games that took next to no effort to make such as Breakthrough Gaming Arcade.

It's a race to the bottom. Let us chase some meaningless virtual number on the leaderboards that meant so little to begin with. By that logic, my stats don't matter that much either.

I still wish there was a proper rarity leaderboard.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I find it's the opposite.

"Go on any thread and bash a Ratalaika game". There. I changed it for you.

You will be called an 'elitist' or a 'robot' or to bash you for being a complete asshole. Make any argument towards 'EZPZ' games, here comes the pitchforks and the cannons. Let's load the trenches and build up those castle walls.

My trophy has plenty, and I mean plenty of easy games. Having a bunch of games that I could get my five year old nephew to finish for me doesn't deserve any recognition, particularly games that took next to no effort to make such as Breakthrough Gaming Arcade.

It's a race to the bottom. Let us chase some meaningless virtual number on the leaderboards that meant so little to begin with. By that logic, my stats don't matter that much either.

I still wish there was a proper rarity leaderboard.

Nah, not really.

Firstly, that wouldn't result in a bunch of profile views, as most people don't need to see someones profile to call them an elitist, they can base that accusation simply on the content of their comments. It might result in increased views by some hypocrisy-hunters spoiling for a fight, but generally it's the elitist crowd who are most prone to want to back up their insults with 'evidence', and so are most likely to go to someones profile to look for it. 

Secondly, bashing a game purely based on the rarity / difficulty, without having played it is elitist - that's virtually the textbook definition.

Whether it's justified, (as in the case of artistically barren fare such as Slyde/ Breakthrough Gaming Arcade,) or not (as with some Ratalaika stuff,) is a different question. :dunno:

Thirdly, a rarity leaderboard will be about as much use as a chocolate teapot as long as the site decides dlc rarities based on a nonsense formula that was chosen simply because it 'feels right' ?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Firstly, that wouldn't result in a bunch of profile views, as most people don't need to see someones profile to call them an elitist, they can base that accusation simply on the content of their comments. It might result in increased views by some hypocrisy-hunters spoiling for a fight, but generally it's the elitist crowd who are most prone to want to back up their insults with 'evidence', and so are most likely to go to someones profile to look for it.

Both sides lose. We just play a game of tennis where nobody really wins the match. The ball just goes back and forth at the tennis court.

I've gotten shit from both sides. The people who purposely stack a bunch of 'EZPZ' games to chase the leaderboard rankings and the people who have an impressive amount of ultra rares.

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Secondly, bashing a game purely based on the rarity / difficulty, without having played it is elitist - that's virtually the textbook definition.

Whether it's justified, (as in the case of artistically barren fare such as Slyde/ Breakthrough Gaming Arcade,) or not (as with some Ratalaika stuff,) is a different question. :dunno:

I will make the argument that trophy hunting was elitist from the very start. Over time the people who design the lists just made them more accessible so the casual, average player can complete them. This is evident in where AAA games, especially Sony exclusives have been going. Easier lists will get more people to try to complete them, as long as the games are good.

Slyde, Ratalaika and the rest of those guys attract a very niche audience. I almost feel they are dependent on the trophy hunters who were and always are the minority. I look at those percentages and go "they're easy games".

I don't need to play Horned Knight, livestream the game until I get all the trophies, and state that I am bashing it purely based on the rarity / difficulty just to prove my point to you. I think we can both agree that trophy lists from the 2008 - 2012 era were too grindy on top of being purposely made annoying and difficult for the tacked on multiplayer as well as having to play on multiple difficulties, which sometimes did not stack. But nowadays there is absolutely no standard at all, it's up to the developers. Clearly Capcom did not give a fuck because they released Capcom Arcade Stadium with awful trophies, without a platinum. A majority of people who have it already probably don't care one iota about trophies, but it is what it is.

16 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Thirdly, a rarity leaderboard will be about as much use as a chocolate teapot as long as the site decides dlc rarities based on a nonsense formula that was chosen simply because it 'feels right' 1f602.png

It would just swing the other way, people would hoard ultra rare trophies instead of playing a bunch of games with an overly easy platinum.

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

snip

You're entitled you all these opinions - and I agree with some, but not all, of them - but none of that is to do with what results in increased profile views, which was the point of the Topic - and my original post

• Like 1