Playstation's Website continues to get worse: Losing Parties, Friends, & Trophy info June 28th.

MrHealthy

Just now, Stevieboy said:

No amount of website linking will change the fact that I wasn't forced to update to windows 10 on both my laptops, and I didn't do anything special except refuse the updates.

ok how did you refuse them? there was no refuse button at a certain point  they removed that at another point there where 2 options straight away or later

after that that later became tonight.

but verry early when they pulled this there wasnt an option to refuse it at all  and at the time you did have that option you just got that notification again after a new update

they even changed the update name a crapload of times so even if you put that upate in the list not wanted they would rename it and you got it again.

I get that you dont like this but I am stating facts.  you cna look them up easy enough yourself the thing with history is  it cant change it happened so everything from the past is a fact.

but hey if yu say microsoft themself are lying here go ahead.

I am done for real with this now because I dont have the time or patience to have a discussion with people who even deny facts

1 minute ago, visvoer18 said:

ok how did you refuse them? there was no refuse button at a certain point  they removed that at another point there where 2 options straight away or later

after that that later became tonight.

but verry early when they pulled this there wasnt an option to refuse it at all  and at the time you did have that option you just got that notification again after a new update

they even changed the update name a crapload of times so even if you put that upate in the list not wanted they would rename it and you got it again.

I get that you dont like this but I am stating facts.  you cna look them up easy enough yourself the thing with history is  it cant change it happened so everything from the past is a fact.

but hey if yu say microsoft themself are lying here go ahead.

I am done for real with this now because I dont have the time or patience to have a discussion with people who even deny facts

There would be a pop up in the bottom right corner offering the windows 10 update each time, and each time there would be an option to refuse it. My experience wasn't anything like you have stated. Maybe it was handled differently in the UK compared to other countries, but I would find that surprising.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

There would be a pop up in the bottom right corner offering the windows 10 update each time, and each time there would be an option to refuse it. My experience wasn't anything like you have stated. Maybe it was handled differently in the UK compared to other countries, but I would find that surprising.

Here in Canada we just clicked the little X and it went away, No use arguing tho he's a professional "victim"

OT What even was this feature?

1 hour ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

It's very strange how Sony / Playstation have made their user experience progressively worse. 

I remember years ago (early 2010s?) when the Playstation Blog would give a rundown of weekly releases and new sales. The comment sections wasn't great but I even participated in that. Then suddenly it just got so much less personal. It went from a handful of authors you could actually connect and chat with to just copied and pasted eyesores. Maybe it's changed back to that, idk because I left the site for good. 

Then there was the whole ps3 webstore and wishlist fiasco... We have a wishlist again now but it's capped way smaller than the previous one. 

They nearly shut down the the vita and ps3 stores after pushing digital for a decade. They continue to strip away basic functions (see title.) 

The worst has to the the app though. How do you make an app so much worse than your previous iteration? My monthly spending has gone down quite a bit simply because the new store (on the app) is so clunky and hard to navigate. Do they even have a filter any more for least/most expensive?

I just got my ps5 last month and it's the same story. The dashboard is junk. The sounds options are awkward. They flipped what the Ps button does (short press versus long press.) Just so many stupid pointless changes. 

Honestly, the only thing that holds me back from switching to PC is my game collection (both physical and digital) and that I'm older now and too used to a controller. I guess I could just use a controller on the PC though. 

I'm with you.

The old webstore from the late 2000s, early 2010s was a lot more convenient. It was fast and snappy, easy to navigate for the average user. Then Sony started crapping on it sometime after the PS4 launch. The only store I ever use is the store on the PS4 console. The webstore is a complete joke, everything is out of order, finding DLC for any particular game is a fucking mess. 

The app is garbage. I'm a bit broke so I can't even afford a PS5 console but looking at various screenshots and video footage the dashboard is a giant step down from the one on PS4.

I'd switch in an instant but I already invested too much money in games I haven't played yet, so I'm basically stuck with Sony for a long while. There's only four to five games on the PS5 that I really want, the rest of the gaming collection it has I honestly don't care about it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The old webstore from the late 2000s, early 2010s was a lot more convenient.

The exact date is January 2013. I agree about the part where you say that finding DLC is a mess. The old webstore had a whole section dedicated to new DLC releases that you could even filter by price. You could even queue them. The new Library doesn't include any DLC.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Install some Android emulator on PC then.

5 hours ago, salty_kambi said:

using an android emulator to use the app wouldn't work?

Sadly I couldn't get the app to work on one. Honestly, at this point I'll have to hope that it works on Windows 11 with its native android support.

Edited by MrHealthy

Sony now paints an image of not caring about its users, I guess someone is sabotaging it from the inside. (the rise of the Xbox is no coincidence)

I can't think of any other explanation for making sudden decisions that would disturb users so much. (We know that she destroyed Ps4 groups a short time ago.)

If discord integration does not come to PS4, they will already reveal their intentions.

Edited by SSerdarSS

It doesn’t make sense why they would take away some features on the PS4, even if only a minority of people used them. 

Sometime late last year they changed Party Chats. I guess you can’t make your own Party Chat, and any sort of swearing or derogatory comments is enough to get a warning from Sony. 

That is ridiculous.

Dick move by Sony but Messages on Vita are now auto deleted. If you try to look at your messages saved on your Vita offlin it asks you to connect to PSN and won't load your offline messages (I tried this on my second Vita) but the moment you do, it lets you open your message list but then deletes them in front of your eyes.

I can't seem to even access the messaging system on PC anymore.

Going to

myplaystation.com/profile

Just auto directs to the main playstation website which redirects to Japan for some reason, despite it being a UK account.

On 2.06.2021 at 7:02 AM, OhDearDevilRun said:

I'm really hoping them moving to Discord, will make all the PSN messaging better. Maybe we can finally edit and delete images we ever sent to people/friends. I hate that I can't delete them NSFW stuffs!......

Nonesense, that website is for little children only. Give it a wide berth.

Anyway, it’ś another reason to stop using PC then :D