EA Origins not working

akdkiller

2 minutes ago, Retrogamer125 said:

100% you have to atleast try to get your voice heard 

He is a samurai got a katana . (:

18 minutes ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

Go play Echelon by yourself and see how balanced it is for 1-2 players. I did. It's not balanced and it feels lacking. So yes, comparison is valid, since L4D is also technically playable alone. It has limited number of levels-maps, it's also "go from point A to point B" and some dialogue, and it also gives you 2-3 useless bots that can't do anything interesting with their abilities, just shoot and revive. It doesn't have anything interesting besides "you and your buddies interact with enemies", which is now restricted to offline mode. And guess what, my friends don't live in my house.
It's not "overdramatic", it's simple facts.
You may not really care, but I kinda do, and not only because of that damn trophy, but because EA just went and screwed people over. And since they did it with Fuse - they'll do it later, again, with no hesitation unless people say "hey, stop it".

Well said .

18 minutes ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

Go play Echelon by yourself and see how balanced it is for 1-2 players. I did. It's not balanced and it feels lacking. So yes, comparison is valid, since L4D is also technically playable alone. It has limited number of levels-maps, it's also "go from point A to point B" and some dialogue, and it also gives you 2-3 useless bots that can't do anything interesting with their abilities, just shoot and revive. It doesn't have anything interesting besides "you and your buddies interact with enemies", which is now restricted to offline mode. And guess what, my friends don't live in my house.
It's not "overdramatic", it's simple facts.
You may not really care, but I kinda do, and not only because of that damn trophy, but because EA just went and screwed people over. And since they did it with Fuse - they'll do it later, again, with no hesitation unless people say "hey, stop it".

Well said .

2 minutes ago, a3069namebke said:

I can't stand it when people on a trophy hunting website frown upon others trying to get trophies in old games. It is still something that people might have overlooked (which is my case) and if there are trophies to be earned, we play it. People have different reasons to play games, some won't play something if it has a server closure. It's our choice, and that's okay. 

Totally support the idea of holding EA publicly accountable. It has worked in the past when the multiplayer has totally been taken down (Medal of Honor Tier 1 mode, Dante's Inferno). Let's keep trying and hope for the best! 

Agree with every word you said ! 

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong. I get the argument - Fuse isn't Darkspore or Battleforge, even without online it can "live". But they just went and killed the selling point of the game: 4-player coop. And despite game being weak, it was somewhat fun. Guns are cool, combos are nice. But still. It's half-dead, literally.

> Hi guys, so the Platinum is now officially unobtainable? 

For now, yes. We are trying to make EA at least give us 30 days.
Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

How many online trophies this game have? Anyway you have 8 years to do everything and it’s EA game.

1. A couple can be done in split-screen, but it's hard to do with 2 people instead of 4.

Yes. Some people had 8 years. Some people didn't, because there plenty of other games and every year new ones close down so they kinda have to plan things in advance.

And yeah. It's EA game. But EA is obligated to post warning. They advertised it. It has this whole site for it even. 

EA didn't. Plain and simple.

People aren't bitching because they discontinued servers.

People bitching because they did it overnight, without posting a notice (you know, like Rockstar did couple of days prior?) and for two weeks they couldn't even say what the hell was happening. This is why people are complaining.

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

And since they did it with Fuse - they'll do it later, again, with no hesitation unless people say "hey, stop it".

The best way you can "stop them" is fill a lawsuit against EA.

If you or any other person have the possibility (money and time) to reach to a lawyer and go to justice about this case, you get a lot of compensation money and they will be forced to bring the servers back.

Just now, Lord_BenWon said:

The best way you can "stop them" is fill a lawsuit against EA.

If you or any other person have the possibility (money and time) to reach to a lawyer and go to justice about this case, you get a lot of compensation money and they will be forced to bring the servers back.

The tricky thing is the language they used.

They MAY discontinue online and post a notice. This is how they worded the thing and company's lawyer will use it, no doubt. But yeah, it would be cool to see a lawsuit, but I don't know if anyone would like to invest time and money over Fuse.

2 hours ago, a3069namebke said:

I can't stand it when people on a trophy hunting website frown upon others trying to get trophies in old games. It is still something that people might have overlooked (which is my case) and if there are trophies to be earned, we play it. People have different reasons to play games, some won't play something if it has a server closure. It's our choice, and that's okay. 

Totally support the idea of holding EA publicly accountable. It has worked in the past when the multiplayer has totally been taken down (Medal of Honor Tier 1 mode, Dante's Inferno). Let's keep trying and hope for the best! 

Oh look, "I can't stand it when" drama. You should have said you CHOOSE not to play the game for that reason...which...shocker...I don't care about because that's your CHOICE. But you said you CAN'T play the game- which is false. 

I also stated earlier that it is shit that EA took it down without notice, but you guys like to twist things around to say that I don't care, you guys are like politicians. 

In this day and age, consider everything PS3 related on the chopping block. It sucks, but it's the way it is. Anything going down without notice is BS, especially in EA's care where it clearly states on the packaging that they would give 30 days notice. 

Edit: And where am I "Frowning on others" for trying to get trophies in old games? Hell, I like my PS3 more than my PS4 so I still play quite a bit. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1

I remember when they announced FUSE game, but then I was never interested in it till recently a friend of mine told me he wants to play it with me. I thought why not then bought it but I didn't expect that server already being down. It had me, like, “wait a minute, I don't remember that EA did make a server closure announcement.” It’s just unacceptable when they failed to give a notice of server shutdown to the players. I support Samurai_SNAAAKE’s idea. Start a hashtag on Twitter or something like that.

Edited by r3viladdict
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, akdkiller said:

Please tell us if anyone could get the 5 stars in any level with 2 joystick. Alone or with another player

Alone: you can but you won’t get the trophy since it requires two players including you . 

Split screen: you can get the trophy & the AI levels will carry over but the other controller has to be idle or someone in your place/home etc plays with you in the same system & you can get the trophy OR leave your controller idle in safe place & finish the missions with your two of your AI’s . 

I always see people referring to the box and the 30 day notice (not only on this game, but also other games) like...

alright sure they put it on there, but what you gonna do, activate the court for a measly statement of an old 8-year old product that does not even generate profit anymore since it doesn't get sold new? 

Maybe  it was a surprise shutdown because surprises are fun. :)

Edited by Bumperklever

9 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I always see people referring to the box and the 30 day notice (not only on this game, but also other games) like...

alright sure they put it on there, but what you gonna do, activate the court for a measly statement of an old 8-year old product that does not even generate profit anymore since it doesn't get sold new? 

Maybe  it was a surprise shutdown because surprises are fun. :)

That's why they did it. I mean, if they did it to Bad Company, people would care and do something. But Fuse and one line - eh. But you can get them through false advertisement I suppose.