Are there any Ratalaika games worth playing

Sendai-Horatio

Looking specifically at Ratalaika here's some I enjoyed...

League of Evil.

Devious Dungeon 1 & 2.

Random Heroes.

Twin Robots.

Thy Sword.

Paw Paw Paw.

Football Game.

Back in 1995.

I Am The Hero.

Trenches.

Thunderflash.

Edited by DeadDexterous
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Rata has nothing to do with that game AFAIK - it's developed by Tendershoot and published by No More Robots 🤔.

there was a ratalaika logo when starting the game, so they must have had something to do with it.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/27/explore-the-internet-of-1999-in-hypnospace-outlaw-out-now-on-ps4/

Edited by Vern3r0z

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Rata has nothing to do with that game AFAIK - it's developed by Tendershoot and published by No More Robots 🤔.

2 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

there was a ratalaika logo when starting the game, so they must have had something to do with it.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/27/explore-the-internet-of-1999-in-hypnospace-outlaw-out-now-on-ps4/

Ratalaika did the port work to bring it to PS4, but were not the publisher of it.

No ones mentioning STAY and that's a damn shame, and I think Rata knew they had a winner with this one because it's one of their only games that has a tricky list (doing it legit will literally take you days) and it's also one of the only non-crossbuy titles even though it's also on Vita. It's gimmick is that the game continues even when you're not playing, and the time you spend away from the game will change the ending.

• Like 1

Just now, HuntingFever said:

I stand corrected then :). It's strange though, this game isn't mentioned on their site or anywhere else for that matter 🤔.

I think there are actually a fair few games where they do the port work from Pc to console as contract work only, and it’s less forward-facing, as they won’t have a stake in the game’s sales - so they likely don’t make it as public via the channels they would when they are publisher.

I’d imagine that stuff is used more within their business-to-business materials, selling their contract services

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I think there are actually a fair few games where they do the port work from Pc to console as contract work only, and it’s less forward-facing, as they won’t have a stake in the game’s sales - so they likely don’t make it as public via the channels they would when they are publisher.

I’d imagine that stuff is used more within their business-to-business materials, selling their contract services

I can't remember what it's called but I played a game very recently where they did the porting work, though didn't actually publish it 🤔.

A few of them are good enough that after the platinum I play a few more levels - it’s a shame that a lot of the trophy lists don’t require a full playthrough. Devious Dungeon 1 & 2 are perfect for a nice chill handheld experience.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Greylancer.

Actually, it's Gleylancer. And it's a fun little indie Shmup. You can AFK the entire game, and with the right settings, earn the platinum in about 45 minutes.

Edited by TheDarkKratos

The ones I played and enjoyed:
Prehistoric Dude (cave man themed metroidvania)

Duck Souls+ (screen based puzzle/platformer)

Thunderflash (top down shooter in the vein of Ikari Warriors, Commando, etc.)

Metagal (enemy design is kinda jank tbh but I just like Mega Man gameplay so it hit the spot for me, lot of content too even if the plat can be done in like 10 minutes.)

Few other people mentioned League of Evil and that one is cool too, haven't played it on console but it was one of the few mobile games I actually enjoyed back in the day when smartphone stuff was still relatively new.