Max Payne 3 online is shutting down on September 16, 2021

POEman553

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I'm going to ask a question that's been answered 1000 times, but how long does the online take?

You can do everything that requires being connected to R* servers in 50 hours or less (depending on how you boost and your skill in Challenge Mode).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

You can do everything that requires being connected to R* servers in 50 hours or less (depending on how you boost and your skill in Challenge Mode).

^ correct

as for the single player trophies, your total time to complete would largely depend on how many attempts u take before u beat NYMHC

47 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

^ correct

as for the single player trophies, your total time to complete would largely depend on how many attempts u take before u beat NYMHC

it took me two weeks to complete everything in the campaign

5 hours ago, JewishPanCaKe said:

Once I hit level 50. I have to join an online match for the trophy to pop. Does anyone know the minimum amount of people required to start a match? :/

Lol when I went to pop this trophy I could only find one active match… it was 2 guys doing some sort of private boosting session. Every time they saw me join the lobby they would both exit out and start afresh, and I kept following them from lobby to lobby praying they would let me in the game for 2 seconds. I was trying to send them both messages explaining my intentions, but they both had their settings on private. Because of course they would. 

I finally got in after about 15 minutes and then they both instantly quit the match when they saw me lol. But I got the trophy. Never again. ?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OskysxX- said:

Challenge mode is only part of the DLC?

Yes. But you need online servers to access it because the game cant verify if you have the dlc if you are offline so do it before the shutdown if you have the dlc. Its not that bad and its a single player challenge. And its good practice for NYMHC.

• Like 1

OK, so a dumb question. Is there any way to check the amount of multiplayer XP you've earned while in game? I know you can use a web browser to see your stats on the Rockstar Social Club, but in game I've only been able to find a bar that shows how far you are to the next level.

Quick question: can Trophies that don't specify needing a public match be done in private matches? If I have a crew of 4, can I invite them to a private session and get those matches out of the way, or do they need to be done through public matchmaking?

5 minutes ago, TheMultiversity said:

Quick question: can Trophies that don't specify needing a public match be done in private matches? If I have a crew of 4, can I invite them to a private session and get those matches out of the way, or do they need to be done through public matchmaking?

Public if you get 5 players including you that will be enough. trophies won’t unlock in private matches .

Edited by Hysteria

On 18/6/2021 at 3:15 AM, Floorkiller74 said:

Practice is how you get good at this that are....hard. Just because you found it easy, doesn't make it easy. There is a whole thread here where people share their experiences with it, and it's not a breeze. 

My advice is: Get all the DLC and multiplayer trophies first. Level up to 50. And then, play 1 time after another the story in the different difficulty levels. In the first one, get all collectibles already and the golden weapons. When you finished all playtrhus, go for NYM¨s. Try to know the story mode playing again and again. Including the challenge mode, is a total of 6 times. 

This is the way to practise. Playing and playing. The difficulty on the NYM´s is set on NORMAL. So at least, you have this. Even, I found harder the regular NYM than NYMH. Why? The time.

In NYMH you are adding time to the counter. In NYM you are starting every level from 0. And some levels the timing is very tight. I had to repeat some levels 5-6 times. Specially from the 12. 

In NYMH if you are doing right, after level 10 you have more than 20 minutes added. So you can take it easy. I finished with 15 minutes extra on my counter.

Do not stress yourself. Just follow this. Play the game in every levels one after another. So you will know the pacing of the story mode and THIS helps a lot.

Good luck!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 16. 06. 2021. at 6:15 PM, Amonares said:

Not even gonna bother grinding to level 40 & 50 since I know I’ll never get The Shadows Rushed Me trophy. It’s the only trophy I need for the plat (along with lvl40&50 trophies ofc).

Why not? Anyway you need to play story 4 or 5  times for each difficulty and for NYM mode, I see you did NYM mode so you can do NYMHC. Just be persistent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crowizard said:

Why not? Anyway you need to play story 4 or 5  times for each difficulty and for NYM mode, I see you did NYM mode so you can do NYMHC. Just be persistent.

Yeah don’t give up & despair ??

• Like 2

22 hours ago, crowizard said:

Oh man, believe me I tried many, many times but the fact that you start the game all over again once you die is so daunting. I really want MP3 platinum so much cuz the game is amazing and it's platinum would become my most valuable trophy ever but I feel like getting 'The Shadows Rushed Me' trophy is just too much work.. ?

1 minute ago, crowizard said:

What was the best attempt you had? It is a decent challenge, but once you learn enemy spawns and insta fail locations you can beat it. Memory is key, far more than shooting skill.

Totally agreed.