Sharing is caring trophy (PS3)

Hi mates, some people ask to me in black Flag and i know why. I had a troubles with uplay account in the ubi games and i thought that i failed the uplay for this reason.  I have the dlcs  in share account, maybe since 5 counts are permíted. I play with mi phone internet that is terrible. I had troubles with con and It Kick me sometimes but i earn the trophy normalito. I thought that i made the requirements times ago but im  wasn sure if i made the requirements or not. For this reason i delete friends until 10, becasue years ago this was the solution to some online trophys. After reading yours i think that you must lie the Game.

Pd: i have in ps3 other games that have uplay as the far cry. Maybe if you login in other games you lie the Game?

Try with internet phone and put fly mode quick.

I get After dlc. Maybe DLC lie the Game?

• Confused 4

Thanks ReydeJoTaS for the help, I followed your method although I had 15 friends and I was unable to connect all. I was unlinking my PSN and re-linking for about 2 hours yesterday and I tried hot-spotting as well in case there was NAT issue with my router but no success. My wifi icon in-game was black the whole time. The servers may be down for good, even without warning. 

5 hours ago, ReYdeJoTaS said:

You re welcome . Fucking ubi. In 30 days only we reach the trophy 3 personas. Maybe follow the method of divided by mankind.

Yeah, people keep messaging me aswell but i really dont know how to help, maybe it only worked for me or maybe i was lucky, or it just came on and messed up after i got it, i am really not sure. But annyways i also sent a ticket to ubi 👍 i rarely do that tho.

I see, its 2 achievers after me, maybe its just extremly buggy. Been playing story of black flag all day and that sign hasnt turn white a single time.

1 minute ago, DividedByMankind said:

Yeah, people keep messaging me aswell but i really dont know how to help, maybe it only worked for me or maybe i was lucky, or it just came on and messed up after i got it, i am really not sure. But annyways i also sent a ticket to ubi 👍 i rarely do that tho.

I see, its 2 achievers after me, maybe its just extremly buggy. Been playing story of black flag all day and that sign hasnt turn white a single time.

Also, why would servers be down?  If they wore why is mp stil up? Is it peer to peer? Or?

3 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Also, why would servers be down?  If they wore why is mp stil up? Is it peer to peer? Or?

MP also requires logon to UPlay after you have reached level 5 or 7 or whatever it was. Since I'm an old computer geek I monitored the network traffic in my router and the logons go towards the same host, but different ports. Logging in in the MP section works without a hitch. When it tries to logon in the main menu or inside the SP part I see no replies.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, baaz12 said:

MP also requires logon to UPlay after you have reached level 5 or 7 or whatever it was. Since I'm an old computer geek I monitored the network traffic in my router and the logons go towards the same host, but different ports. Logging in in the MP section works without a hitch. When it tries to logon in the main menu or inside the SP part I see no replies.

Oh, ok, then i dont know maybe its very glitchy then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baaz12 said:

Interesting, thanks very much for this. I assumed that the MP used a different server entirely.

The last time I tried to play the SP, the game crashed when I was connected to the Internet. This was after finishing up the MP trophies with a friend and our alts. I assumed that it must just be a temporary issue but although the crashing no longer happens, instead you can't connect to the uPlay in-game for the white wifi icon.

I've got a few ideas to fix this but based on what you just wrote these are now moot. I'm currently installing Far Cry 3 to see if playing another uPlay game might fix it. I was also going to try connecting to a phone using a proxy to try and replicate the Aliens Vs Predator XP glitch- 

I'm experimenting with Android app proxies as I can't be arsed to spend two hours trying Internet proxies that don't work, again.

I don't know if this applies to the PS3 version but I've been researching this and got this nugget from here:

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1373866

If you boot the game while online and connected to uplay, then go offline, the live events will still appear. Find all the three discovery types and you’ll unlock the achievement offline with no timestamp.

Obviously the timestamp issue wouldn't apply to PS3 (with that said I have no idea how Xbox works) but since most versions of PS/Xbox games are identical 99% of the time, my working theory is that if we could just connect quickly enough then we could probably still get this trophy done (Destroyer has its own workaround via a microtransaction - Stockholm Syndrome at its finest!).

But based on what you reported, nothing is going to work unless Ubisoft fix this mess. I'll still try what I am doing since I've invested a couple of hours into it now and will let you know.

Edit: OK Far Cry 3 was a poor choice, I didn't realize this game had online and am now stuck in an infinite loading screen because the servers are dead. Urgh.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Interesting, thanks very much for this. I assumed that the MP used a different server entirely.

The last time I tried to play the SP, the game crashed when I was connected to the Internet. This was after finishing up the MP trophies with a friend and our alts. I assumed that it must just be a temporary issue but although the crashing no longer happens, instead you can't connect to the uPlay in-game for the white wifi icon.

I've got a few ideas to fix this but based on what you just wrote these are now moot. I'm currently installing Far Cry 3 to see if playing another uPlay game might fix it. I was also going to try connecting to a phone using a proxy to try and replicate the Aliens Vs Predator XP glitch- 

I'm experimenting with Android app proxies as I can't be arsed to spend two hours trying Internet proxies that don't work, again.

I don't know if this applies to the PS3 version but I've been researching this and got this nugget from here:

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1373866

Obviously the timestamp issue wouldn't apply to PS3 (with that said I have no idea how Xbox works) but since most versions of PS/Xbox games are identical 99% of the time, my working theory is that if we could just connect quickly enough then we could probably still get this trophy done (Destroyer has its own workaround via a microtransaction - Stockholm Syndrome at its finest!).

But based on what you reported, nothing is going to work unless Ubisoft fix this mess. I'll still try what I am doing since I've invested a couple of hours into it now and will let you know.

Edit: OK Far Cry 3 was a poor choice, I didn't realize this game had online and am now stuck in an infinite loading screen because the servers are dead. Urgh.

You can bypass the infinite loadscreen by booting up the game whilst offline, then signing into PSN after reaching the main menu :). The same trick works with a couple of other PS3 games that have the same problem.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, baaz12 said:

Does the fact that SP show no replies mean we should not bother wasting time repeatedly attempting to connect? How does that explain the 4 achievers since Sep 13? Luck?

I am currently attempting to see if logging into other Ubisoft games on an alt account will help as baboon_overlord suggested to try but I doubt this will work to get a connection. I will try with Assassins Creed 3, Far Cry 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist,  and Ghost Recon Future Solider for now. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pwnzasaurus said:

Does the fact that SP show no replies mean we should not bother wasting time repeatedly attempting to connect? How does that explain the 4 achievers since Sep 13? Luck?

Yes, also I would suggest we don't bother deleting friends either. If I have time, I'll test with an alt that has never played the game before and has no friends, but I suspect the result will be the same. It would be good if some of the recent achievers could chime in and let us know what they did.

15 hours ago, pwnzasaurus said:

I am currently attempting to see if logging into other Ubisoft games on an alt account will help as baboon_overlord suggested to try but I doubt this will work to get a connection. I will try with Assassins Creed 3, Far Cry 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist,  and Ghost Recon Future Solider for now. 

Thank you for this. I wanted to try a game that I haven't played yet as I have already tried Splinter Cell and GRFS on my main account. I'm thinking along the lines of getting a brand new "handshake" with UPlay. Unfortunately the only game I had to do this with was Far Cry 3, which was a dismal failure. 😂 I knew the Plat was obtainable (despite what the guide on here says) but I seemed to remember that it was couch coop, not online coop as well.

Please let us know how you get on and good luck!

I think that mankind and me have luck.how Many people is triying the trophy? Anyone have the ubi mail? I want to help and i Will write this to know how many times the uplay serve is Alive these months. Minimum 2 times.

Pd: i hate online weird trophys and stupid companys. I lose the friday 13 platinum...

I know that make feeling and i want to help . I think that if trophy hunters are united we can change a lot of weird trophys. Good luck mates 

• Like 1

So the last time I tried to play Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag in single player, it would literally freeze my PS3 when Edward was on the ship in the storm. I try it now and....it works? The problem is the Wifi symbol in the corner is now black.

I'm able to connect to multiplayer fine and search for matches but can't find anyone.

UPlay has login by it and I try to login but the servers aren't available.

So are the servers for ACIV Black Flag on PS3 dead now?

9 hours ago, POEman553 said:

So are the servers for ACIV Black Flag on PS3 dead now?

No, servers aren't but the game is dead, no one plays MP except maybe few trophy hunters now.

I need to check that single player thing for Sharing is caring by myself, I only have some progress in MP and I didn't even start campaign yet.

Edited by z_mateusz

3 minutes ago, maxouillesch said:

I tried every day to connect for the past week and it never worked.

Does anybody have some news about this? Someone posted to Ubisoft support?

I have had no luck connecting with all the attempts I tried based on what worked for others recently and in the past and random things I could think of to try. 

I posted to Ubisoft support discord on October 3 and they told me it was known and being investigated. I have only seen 2-3 posts about this specific issue in the discord since I have  been following. Another person posted a few days ago and the support suggested port forwarding (which doesnt work). I dont know if it would help but if considerably more people posted about this issue, maybe they would take notice. If anyone else posts, I suggest to try being as specific as possible when describing the issue. I see posts sometimes that are very vague and the support response clearly doesnt understand the issue or suggests "fixes" that arent relevant to the issue. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dysss said:

SP servers still broken. No way for Sharing is Caring!
Almost 1 month now. Looks bad for the Platinum.

The trophy can be considered as unobtainable.

Have you been trying? I really don't fancy deleting all of my friends unt I know it works, the hassle of adding/deleting everyone back constantly isn't worth it. We can only pray that they fix them, which is a big ask considering I've been waiting since November 2022 for Far Cry 2 to come back up..

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, X_milfhunter69_X said:

One new player esrn the trophie today

Not sure how reliable that would be. I know the second person on that list has a hacked account as his timestamps for games are all over the place for all his games. Personally I don't think the trophy has been able to be earned since the end of September but again that is just my opinion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sosik001 said:

Maybe we should spam their discord with messages about this problem?

Ubisoft's discord is proven to be useless. A group of us have been spamming them about problems with Far Cry 4 servers.

At this point, I want Yves Guillemot's direct line. I don't want to talk to the horses' asses, I want to talk to the lead horse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

Ubisoft's discord is proven to be useless. A group of us have been spamming them about problems with Far Cry 4 servers.

At this point, I want Yves Guillemot's direct line. I don't want to talk to the horses' asses, I want to talk to the lead horse.

I thought this issue was for PS3 only, did not know the PS4 version was having the same issue. I actually gave up with FC4 it was draining hassling them every single day just to get the same bullshit copy and paste and on occasion they would change the wording making you more hopeful but yeah not worth it for me now I will just be ready to pounce if it comes back on accident.