Sharing is caring trophy (PS3)

5 hours ago, M-C83 said:

I’ve detailed the steps needed to many people the last few weeks so I’m not going into it again but however I can tell that unless you deleted all friend and I mean all friends you will not get this trophy. Simple. I think it has something to do with leaderboards so fucking delete everyone off your list and keep trying until it triggers.

I didn't have to delete any of my friends when I did the trophy a year ago 🤔 I just found the locations and waited until the connection turns on

19 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Is this still possible on PS4?

I'm pretty sure it is, I did it on PS4 at the beginning of November and had no problems with the single player online connection

54 minutes ago, Sebulba2000 said:

I didn't have to delete any of my friends when I did the trophy a year ago 🤔 I just found the locations and waited until the connection turns on

I'm pretty sure it is, I did it on PS4 at the beginning of November and had no problems with the single player online connection

Were you on a PS4 or PS5?

7 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Is this still possible on PS4?

I got the Sharing is Caring trophy on PS4 on November 23. I made it to chapter 4 where the map opens up and started searching for these events but had no luck at first. So I decided to explore the map discovering areas and defeating the forts to reveal the entire map. I revealed the entire map (not seeing a single event) and started referencing the map from the guide which shows the events. I spent a total of about 5 hours across 2 separate sessions and did not find a single event (I focused on convoys and white whales at first). I had started playing the PS4 version with zero friends on my friends list because I had deleted all friends trying to get the Sharing is Caring trophy on PS3 version (which didnt work for me). So I added a friend who I knew played the game and also one of my alts as friend just to see if that would help. Not sure if this was the solution but the next time I played I found a convoy after searching for about 30 minutes starting at the southwestern portion of the map and heading to the southeastern part of the map where I found the convoy (I think it was the convoy at (670,125). About 5 minutes later,  I happened to see a treasure map in one of the locations so I headed there and as I was running towards it, I noticed a blue chest on my minimap (I think it was the (837,136) chest). Then I searched around for the whale in a counterclockwise direction heading north and then west with no luck until I was around Tulum area and found the whale (I think at (198,498)) and the trophy popped. Afterwards, I continued playing through and getting the platinum on the PS4 version. Throughout playing normally, I probably saw 10-15 convoys (which I always attacked for the $10k reward), I saw probably 4-5 white whales and never saw another blue chest. 

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I believe it's the Technology Pack you need 🤔.

Yes, the Technology Pack. It’ll get you immediate access to all of the Elite Plans to help you fully upgrade the Jackdaw. I purchased this to help me combat the legendary ship, as well as the collectibles pack to save me the hassle of searching for everything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello
According to PSN Profiles records, this trophy can be achieved.
The problem originates from the fact that the ubisoft account on your console cannot connect to the ubisoft server

I plan to make the following discard

Start with my account on a console where the person can connect to Ubisoft without problems.

Edited by velilla92
size
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, velilla92 said:

Hello
The problem originates from the fact that the ubisoft account on your console cannot connect to the ubisoft server

I plan to make the following discard

Start with my account on a console where the person can connect to Ubisoft without problems.

How do you know for sure that you’re connecting with absolutely no problems? Mind you, a vast majority of us haven’t been able to connect to Ubisoft at all for this one trophy, myself included.

3 hours ago, velilla92 said:

Mate you're literally trolling people with misinformation.

Edited by imminent-file5

29 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

We got someone obtaining this trophy on December 12th. Should we just assume at this point they’re either hacking or somehow got lucky on it? I played Black Flag that same day and week and I never was able to connect to Ubisoft at all.

The online functionality for this trophy stopped working in mid September. You can see this in the timestamps for recent achievers, where there is a sudden drop off. After that, nobody has been able to replicate the “methods” used.

This is my opinion and interpretation from looking at the data. If it really was as easy as “follow the steps I used” then why can’t anyone else do it?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Needles said:

The online functionality for this trophy stopped working in mid September. You can see this in the timestamps for recent achievers, where there is a sudden drop off. After that, nobody has been able to replicate the “methods” used.

This is my opinion and interpretation from looking at the data. If it really was as easy as “follow the steps I used” then why can’t anyone else do it?

I saw before I made the post. But it’s funny that some isolated folks here and there just magically obtain it despite the sudden drop off. Plus, both trophy guides are of no help on the matter covering this issue, so we’re just hearing misinformation and seeing “hope” about this trophy being obtainable again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

I saw before I made the post. But it’s funny that some isolated folks here and there just magically obtain it despite the sudden drop off. Plus, both trophy guides are of no help on the matter covering this issue, so we’re just hearing misinformation and seeing “hope” about this trophy being obtainable again.

Yes, I agree with you.

I think the best thing players can do is ask Ubisoft to fix it using Discord, X, their website, etc. There’s still a chance for a fix considering how popular the game is.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SoraxTidus said:

I already have Ubisoft on Discord app on my phone. But where can I ask Ubisoft to fix Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS3) Sharing is Caring trophy, Watch Dogs (PS3) and Far Cry 2 (PS3)? I don't know where to ask Ubisoft to fix it.

The Ubisoft discord server is useless as they are not the developers, so they'll just tell you that the issue is being investigated. You can also fill out a support ticket on their official website then track your case for a response, but from what I was told, it's often just copy & paste responses (which they are).

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 6:10 PM, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

They do not magically obtain it, they hacked it 100% and should be removed from Psnprofiles.

20 hours ago, SoraxTidus said:

I already have Ubisoft on Discord app on my phone. But where can I ask Ubisoft to fix Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS3) Sharing is Caring trophy, Watch Dogs (PS3) and Far Cry 2 (PS3)? I don't know where to ask Ubisoft to fix it.

https://discord.com/channels/863058244934696961/1113026258398351362

6 hours ago, Psynapsx said:

They do not magically obtain it, they hacked it 100% and should be removed from Psnprofiles.

I know. I was being a wise ass and I don’t really use the word “hacking” in the forums. But yes, anyone after September should be reported until Ubisoft eventually fixes this issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes and agreeing to the other players above, there is no other way to put it, that this trophy must be seen as UNOBTAINABLE at this point (when there is never ever a white connection icon in the singleplayer)! These so called workarounds are just bla bla and useless! So it depends on a fix by Ubisoft!

Those are the facts for now.