Can we relegate threads about shovelware to some sort of sub-section?

2 hours ago, Thrillhelm said:

2 hours ago, Thrillhelm said:

Really sucks that you have to use personal attacks and accusations against me.  I'm not against the rarity leaderboard (why should I, I am sure I would hold at least a rank in the 1000s with good chances to climb higher, pretty sure the gap between me and most people who stat shame me would be smaller) and I am defintely not obstinate

If you think that's a personal attack, then you haven't been to many forums my dude.

I asked if you were purposely being obstinate because you keep insisting that any and every trophy should be included on a board designed specifically for the opposite.

You made a sarcastic attack on a grindy trophy with your GRID example, and I simply told you that "great achievement" comment can go both ways.

Your only reasoning given so far is that "great games wouldnt be included and not played". 

Why are you assuming people are going to completely bypass a popular game just because it's too common for this board?  I mean, sure, some people might only hunt ultra rare exclusively, but they do that now anyway.  Majority are likely to play common not-rare games in between for, you know, fun.

Edited by AJ_-_808
Double post

it's funny to think that people who play ps4 normally might not even have a clue that this kind of crap games exists, even if they've bumped into the store once or even bought it because it costs $1, it would be forgettable games that nobody gives a fuck. some people argue that "let people play what they want" but when the other's freedom is radically altering something we like, in my view the complaints are fair and legitimate. because in that case the trophy system as a whole is being abused - and with Sony's consent. people are right to be indignant about something they have dedicated their lives to for years, like this hobby. it's like seeing something you love being destroyed lol

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I first heard shovelware in the mid/end of NES days when there was just an absurd amount of games being produced that had no substance at all. But I’m not even confident that is where it started because I’m fairly certain Atari games right before the video game crash were being called by the same label. 

Any system hangs around long enough and has a low enough barrier to entry is going to experience the same thing.

Pretty sure it was coined 'shovelware' during that great video game crash back during the Atari days. The game in question I believe was E.T. and it was buried in a landfill (all the cartridges) which is why it was coined as such. You needed a shovel to literally pick up the crap LOL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VoidVictorious said:

You can continue to complain if you wish and like all threads it will get locked after someone makes it personal. It just seems like a waste of time, but the time is yours to waste.

Good thing you came into this thread to waste your own time, then. 

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

You can continue to complain if you wish and like all threads it will get locked after someone makes it personal. It just seems like a waste of time, but the time is yours to waste.

I've mostly just been a passerby commenting here and there but I think it's less a waste of time for someone to genuinely be in here trying to get a point across than it is for someone to be sanctimonious and just go "lol @ you all complaining for no reason, peace" - but by all means, don't waste your time responding to this since you're so busy not wasting your time elsewhere on this website

• Like 3

It is always the same 10 to 15 people who put themselves in such threads over other members and make demands that contradict the wishes of the majority. Almost no one here wants a rarity leaderboard, but this self-proclaimed elitist clique enters every thread, other users are attacked and cut down from within the group so that hardly anyone dares to write something that contradicts the opinion of this small group. Even other threads are boarded and destroyed by them unrelated to the topic, Members are insulted and humiliated in a subtle or direct manner always from this same group.

In addition, they constantly push themself with likes to keep the others even smaller. Even in absolutely pointless comments in pointless threads or status updates, they cheat each others like count up. And other members who really help others and give tips have a much lower posting / like ratio. This will keep the rest of the forum small. You only ever read such destructive postings from the same 15 or so members. And that is exactly what has led to PSNP becoming more toxic and most of the members no longer dare to write their opinion here. And as I said, that happens not only in the threads that have the topic of rarity leaderboard, but in almost all subject areas and sub-forums.

Here I would like to see more control and intervention from PSNP.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

It is always the same 10 to 15 people who put themselves in such threads over other members and make demands that contradict the wishes of the majority. Almost no one here wants a rarity leaderboard, but this self-proclaimed elitist clique enters every thread, other users are attacked and cut down from within the group so that hardly anyone dares to write something that contradicts the opinion of this small group. Even other threads are boarded and destroyed by them unrelated to the topic, Members are insulted and humiliated in a subtle or direct manner always from this same group.

In addition, they constantly push themself with likes to keep the others even smaller. Even in absolutely pointless comments in pointless threads or forum updates, they cheat each other in up on the likes. And other members who really help others and give tips have a much lower posting / like ratio. This will keep the rest of the forum small. You only ever read such destructive postings from the same 15 or so members. And that is exactly what has led to PSNP becoming more toxic and most of them no longer dare to write their opinion here.

Here I would like to see more control and intervention from PSNP.

wow, interesting movie you tell yourself there... "Such destructive posting", "More Toxic", "Contradict the wishes of the majority"

tenor.gif

I was kind of sure that there were more than 10-15 ppl in the threads of rarity leaderboard and the Ribbons thing, but maybe that was just my impression...

Edited by DeepEyes7

7 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

wow, interesting movie you tell yourself there... "Such destructive posting", "More Toxic", "Contradict the wishes of the majority"

tenor.gif

I was kind of sure that there were more than 10-15 ppl in the threads of rarity leaderboard and the Ribbons thing, but maybe that was just my impression...

I am very grateful to you for your contribution, because it proves exactly that what I just wrote is true. That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Now only the likes of your friends are missing to keep me small.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

I am very grateful to you for your contribution, because it proves exactly that what I just wrote is true. That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Now only the likes of your friends are missing to keep me small.

Man, just tell me how if the immense majority is against the rarity leaderboard, how is possible that the same 10-15 ppl go against the rest of the PSNP community? How the "likes" of 10 people make you feel bad? If what you say is true then you will have hundred of likes because you go with the desires of the immense majority if that makes you feel better. I'm just telling you that you are taking things out of proportion, what is the big problem having another LB?, still the actual one will be the main one, you won't lose anything and this threads will cease to exist.

2 hours ago, Sikutai said:

It is always the same 10 to 15 people who put themselves in such threads over other members and make demands that contradict the wishes of the majority. Almost no one here wants a rarity leaderboard. 

afaik, more people are in favor of a rarity leaderboard then against it. I mean why be against it, in the end it's just more stats. I have even seen ezpz stackers that are not agreeing with the idea that games like... devaluate the trophy system by releasing endless ezpz stacks , but are positive about a rarity leaderboard. 

Please, state a neutral, unbiased argument against a rarity leaderboard. 

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Edit

Serious question that nobody seems to want to answer: why should a 1minute platinum that can then be stacked 5 times carry the same exact value (actually 5 times the value) as a platinum that takes 10, 20, 30, etc hours?

Well that's because Sony made the points rule, and it's set in stone, it's not like we can change suddenly for site only.

That's however why a rarity percentage per trophy is more important, sure it's not completely accurate as due to certain circumstances (such an autopopping, glitches, guides for games, games being given away for free on PSplus etc) but it's way more accurate than just "total number of trophies accumulated"

33 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

afaik, more people are in favor of a rarity leaderboard then against it. I mean why be against it, in the end it's just more stats. I have even seen ezpz stackers that are not agreeing with the idea that games like... devaluate the trophy system by releasing endless ezpz stacks , but are positive about a rarity leaderboard. 

It's mostly for the people who are buying all the shit games. Gives them more justification for stacking tons of super quick easy games. So of course you'd want to defend it as it's in your favor.

Just now, enaysoft said:

Well that's because Sony made the points rule, and it's set in stone, it's not like we can change suddenly for site only.

Well, yes. That's why it's like that now, from a technical standpoint. I'm more interested in hearing from an anti-rarity (for lack of a better term) about why it should remain like that and how they feel it's fair or makes sense.  More importantly, why they feel the proposed additional board, that doesnt affect them in any way, should be denied to others.

We're never going to have a system 100% perfect for everyone, but the current system has been destroyed by stacks and autopops (in my opinion) more so than quick plats

57 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Fun Fact: I'm not against a Rarity Leaderboard as a Sub Leaderboard and I think stacking is very bad and I wrote a long time ago that even the top 100 don't like stacking.

I just wanted to point out how a group here and throughout the forum is constantly exercising power and terrorizing and humiliating other members. For example, terms like "Trophy Whores"  were used several times in this thread, someone referred to someone else's profile as "Profile of Nightmare" or if someone wrote something against a rarity leaderboard above, his account was linked with a humiliating comment and many likes . And that happens all the time in the entire forum on all sorts of topics. 

Of course, I don't join in the discussion when people speak so negatively about members with a different opinion. And I noticed that it is always the same group that treats the other members that way.

And for me, each of my Platinum is the same. I love every single one of them and am happy about every one that comes along. I am not very interested in my place on the leaderboard, I see myself more as a hunter and gatherer.

Edited by Sikutai

7 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I appreciate your argument; but I'm afraid I need to deflate it. All I need to do is link this account. 

Non-argument, stat-shaming and ad hominem. You have added nothing of value to the discussion and you repeatedly harass people over stats.

Edited by Thrillhelm
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I already did.

Multiple times, in fact.

It's on page 4 of this thread, and - helpfully, I highlighted it in blue the second time - HERE

Feel free to read - and to agree or disagree - but don't try to claim there is no neutral or unbiased arguments being made.

Do you disagree that people hunting ultra rares exclusively, are probably already do that?  If that's how/what they choose to play, why deny them a leaderboard?

Trophies in of themselves would be the problem you're getting at, just depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I already did.

Multiple times, in fact.

It's on page 4 of this thread, and - helpfully, I highlighted it in blue the second time - HERE

Feel free to read - and to agree or disagree - but don't try to claim there is no neutral or unbiased arguments being made.

Fun Fact: You are the same user who had a comment removed - only a few months back - making fun of other site users discussion of their disabled/ Additional Needs children, so forgive me if your little "call for civility" falls on deaf ears.

So that means his argument is invalid then?

I mentioned earlier its the forum's fault since these kind of attacks on users should not happen when rules are enforced more strictly. There could be a good discussion if it weren't for the ad hominem comments.

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I already did.

Multiple times, in fact.

I will only add one thing to your opinion on the link, if people will go to play broken and niche games just to get URs... eventually they will stop being Ultra Rares because more people will get them, in some way that will take out the fake URs and I see that as a good thing...

• Like 1