The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

oh sweet... OK i'll admit it, this weeks (s02e05) was also a slow burner, but what with the end scene in the barn you can bet your ass next week is going to be action packed. So glad that they have done Hershel's barn. Cant wait for next weeks episode.

Yeah, the end barn scene was cool and makes me anticipate next weeks episode. I have a feeling these will the the relatives or loved-ones of those at the farmhouse. The old man always seemed to be keeping some sort of dark secret...and I think that will be it.

Moving along, I really wish they would put an end to the searching for the little girl storyline and move on as people would actually do in a survival situation. This part of the storyline has played out far too long IMHO.

While season 2 had an amazing start I'm starting to get a bit grumpy with it. Season 1 had gone through roughly 3 or 4 storylines in their entirety by now, and while I don't expect that breakneck pace to carry on in a 13 episode season it's seriously time to do something... ANYTHING!!

They've set up enough plot lines to at least advance one in a major way without anyone losing interest in the others (kind of like Merle in season 1, I'm sure everyone is still wanting to see his real return) but all they seem to want to do is start 1,000 plot lines without notably advancing any of them, and by the way... I"M SICK OF THE DAMN SEARCH FOR SOPHIA!!!!!! She's either dead or not, give us one please, I honestly don't care about her character anymore because she's just being used as an excuse for the people to leave the camp and kill a zombie or two before humping, nothing more.

Even the barn reveal went absolutely nowhere this week, if they milk that for six more episodes like they're doing with Sophia no one is going to care about the resolution to that either, just like Sophia. The only thing that was exciting about this weeks episode was seeing Shane's dark side re-emerge when he was confronted by Dale.

So, right now we have: *SPOILERS* barn full of zombies - nowhere, preggo wife - baby stepped into Rick actually knowing, search for Sophia - no one cares anymore, Glenn and Maggie - pointless drama, is Shane good or bad - every week it changes, Darrell's a stud - already established and proven NOW USE IT!! Andrea is the zen master with a gun in the snap of a finger - about her only development since being mad at Dale, Herschel's a tad crazy - his presence on the show does still feel fresh to me, *END SPOILERS* Everyone else is just there. Oh yeah, and T-dog's name is still T-dog... which to me is weird that during the end of the world he would still introduce himself as T-dog, followed by people agreeing to calling him T-dog, and then introducing him to others as T-dog.

I'm really really hoping that the show will reach the greatness that it started with again and just get on with it!!

Sorry for the novel/rant.

• Like 2

While season 2 had an amazing start I'm starting to get a bit grumpy with it. Season 1 had gone through roughly 3 or 4 storylines in their entirety by now, and while I don't expect that breakneck pace to carry on in a 13 episode season it's seriously time to do something... ANYTHING!!

They've set up enough plot lines to at least advance one in a major way without anyone losing interest in the others (kind of like Merle in season 1, I'm sure everyone is still wanting to see his real return) but all they seem to want to do is start 1,000 plot lines without notably advancing any of them, and by the way... I"M SICK OF THE DAMN SEARCH FOR SOPHIA!!!!!! She's either dead or not, give us one please, I honestly don't care about her character anymore because she's just being used as an excuse for the people to leave the camp and kill a zombie or two before humping, nothing more.

Even the barn reveal went absolutely nowhere this week, if they milk that for six more episodes like they're doing with Sophia no one is going to care about the resolution to that either, just like Sophia. The only thing that was exciting about this weeks episode was seeing Shane's dark side re-emerge when he was confronted by Dale.

So, right now we have: *SPOILERS* barn full of zombies - nowhere, preggo wife - baby stepped into Rick actually knowing, search for Sophia - no one cares anymore, Glenn and Maggie - pointless drama, is Shane good or bad - every week it changes, Darrell's a stud - already established and proven NOW USE IT!! Andrea is the zen master with a gun in the snap of a finger - about her only development since being mad at Dale, Herschel's a tad crazy - his presence on the show does still feel fresh to me, *END SPOILERS* Everyone else is just there. Oh yeah, and T-dog's name is still T-dog... which to me is weird that during the end of the world he would still introduce himself as T-dog, followed by people agreeing to calling him T-dog, and then introducing him to others as T-dog.

I'm really really hoping that the show will reach the greatness that it started with again and just get on with it!!

Sorry for the novel/rant.

I've got to be honest, I agree with most of the above. I understand building up the tension is important in the book, but the last 3 weeks in the show have pretty much consisted of filler. I've been patient and still enjoyed it, because I have an idea of what is coming, but they need to think of those who dont.

I was expecting much more from the Barn this week and it just didnt happen. The next episode has to be action filled if they dont want to start losing viewers.

I've got to be honest, I agree with most of the above. I understand building up the tension is important in the book, but the last 3 weeks in the show have pretty much consisted of filler. I've been patient and still enjoyed it, because I have an idea of what is coming, but they need to think of those who dont.

I was expecting much more from the Barn this week and it just didnt happen. The next episode has to be action filled if they dont want to start losing viewers.

Getting cable isn't an option for me (cable co. doesn't come out to where I live and trees block dish signals). I have been paying $2 per episode in the Playstation store because I didn't want to wait for season 2 on Netflix, that's how much I loved season 1. It's getting harder and harder to pay for every episode at the rate their going though.

I don't mind emotions being involved at all. In season 1 my 2 favorite moments were very emotional: Rick apologizing to the legless female zombie before mercy killing her and the father from the 1st couple of episodes going upstairs to kill his undead wife. Rick accepting what has happened to the world while still conveying how tragic that one woman's end was and the father being unable to disconnect from his wife and breaking down were amazing moments in that show.

Season 2's beginning has had it's share of very heavy and attention grabbing moments (everything involving Otis), I'm really hoping this is just a mid-season slump because if the next episode is more of the same I'm not buying anymore.

and by the way... I"M SICK OF THE DAMN SEARCH FOR SOPHIA!!!!!! She's either dead or not, give us one please, I honestly don't care about her character anymore because she's just being used as an excuse for the people to leave the camp and kill a zombie or two before humping, nothing more.

That is where I am as well, to be quite honest. They have dwelled on this aspect of the story for far too long, and moving at a snails pace the whole time.

Although I have never read the books/graphic novels, I'd like to think that it is time to quit the PC/"Humanitarian" BS and have the group act as what one would expect: The sacrifice of others is not worth the life of a single little girl. Brutal maybe, but that is how people would react.

It is starting to turn onto a yawn-fest...a far, far departure from how this series started.

The next episode has to be action filled if they don't want to start losing viewers.

According to the Nielsen ratings, The Walking Dead has taken a BIG hit in regards to a loss of viewers over the last 3 weeks...oddly, about the same time they got stuck on the Lost Girl BS.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! The mid-season finale did one of the things that The Walking Dead does best, crushes your heart and leaves you wanting. Even though it's a bit of a stretch that no one on the farm said anything to Rick and his crew I'm still FINALLY anticipating the fallout that will hopefully ensue.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! The mid-season finale did one of the things that The Walking Dead does best, crushes your heart and leaves you wanting. Even though it's a bit of a stretch that no one on the farm said anything to Rick and his crew I'm still FINALLY anticipating the fallout that will hopefully ensue.

Just watched the newest episode myself.

Sooooo glad the searching stuff can finally end, though that definitely leaves the group in a tricky spot (people seem to be embracing Shane more than Rick now and considering how unstable I think Shane is, dunno how that'll end up, Dale and Shane at odds, etc)... Plus Hershal's gonna kick some ass.

I was a nice cliffhanger, looking forward to next season.

Right so I'm all caught up with the show, and finally got more than 5 minutes to jot down my thoughts. For those of you that arent up to date, I suggest you dont open the spoiler

Finally... Sophia's dead, undead and finally dead again. With that, it shows the second serious deviation from the book. I feel that the show is going to become more and more divorced from the book as time goes on, I just hope they go the right way about it, rather than dragging out things in the way they have with Sophia.

Honestly, the last 4 episodes could have been condensed to 2 and still had the adequate build up / suspense.

Shane's seriously losing it, and although people started shooting alongside him at the undead from the barn, I dont think there is any closer affiliation between them and Shane as there is with Rick. They shot the undead because they know what they are, everything that Hershel wants to deny. Even Rick took the responsibility of putting down what was once Sophia, only going along with Hershels plan to try and buy time for the group to have the safety that can be gained by staying at the farm.

Beware this next bit delves into the future layed out in the books, stop reading now to avoid any further spoilers.

So now we get the christmas break, and when the show returns I'm hoping it will be a build up of the group leaving the farm and finding the prison. There are enough episodes left where they could decently set up season 3 to be when Woodbury is discovered and the Governor is revealed. I wouldnt be surprised if the story is adjusted so that Merle Dixon is either the Governor or part of the Woodbury community.

Hrm? The latest episode? I didn't think the cliffhanger was that great, though it's nice to know

the story can finally move on past searching for that stupid little girl

I would have to agree with all that Dreakon. All I know is they better do something to get some life and action back into this promising new show or it will be cancelled before it knows it.

I will wait until Feb (how friggin' stupid to put it on hiatus so long, but whatever) in hopes that it does indeed turn around.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with you, it is SOOO lame how all shows go on a break! Not only that, but seasons used to be longer, they were like 22 episodes, now (at least most of the time) its like a 6-15 episodes season! WTF Am I alone with this irritation? The "mid-season finale of the Walking Dead S#2 was great, but it seemed like the season JUST FREAKING STARTED!!! LMAO

• 2 weeks later...

Many shows go on breaks now. Heroes did it a few years ago and now Walking Dead and Vampire Diaries (I'm sure others do too but these are the only shows I watch so the only ones I know of lol).

I love Walking Dead. Darryl, Dale, Rick, Glenn, Andrea. I think I'm the only one who likes Andrea more than Lori.

I hope they leave and I bet Maggie will go with them. (She was in Vampire Diaries too, so I like her.)

Don't like Shane? :(

I do. I meant to add him in there too but I forgot in a hurry. Most people seem to either Rick OR Shane, I like them both, and I hope they continue to get along despite everything. I loved Dale and Shane's confrontation in the woods over the guns. I don't think Shane is reasonable though. I think it makes sense to have the guns and kill the walkers, I don't think he's all there though (think the whole zombie-death-murder-killing (otis) is getting to him.) Another words, I think Dale's onto something, although I hope I'm wrong. I think he and Otis could have gotten out of there alive.

On a different note, why did Lori go outside to use the pregnancy test instead of the bathroom inside? Not like anyone would of known and it wouldn't have been hard to put in the bag and dispose of without anyone knowing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a bit surprised that no1 has dropped the scope on the latest episode that I know aired last Sunday.

I missed it cause of work. :shakefist:

think I will look it up a little later today before work. :shakefist:

I hope it wasn't disappointing, for this being the reason why there hasn't been much talk about it. :hmm:

• Like 1

I'm a bit surprised that no1 has dropped the scope on the latest episode that I know aired last Sunday.

I missed it cause of work. :shakefist:

think I will look it up a little later today before work. :shakefist:

I hope it wasn't disappointing, for this being the reason why there hasn't been much talk about it. :hmm:

Ahh shit! Nice heads up, I completely forgot about it. I'll update as soon as I've seen it.