How do you play your games?

Wade_VC

How do you play your games?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How do you play your games?

• 1 game at a time for me.
    • 1 game at a time unless I get frustrated, then I'll put it aside for a bit.
    • I always have a few games going at once.

I think the worst thing about playing one game all the time is that you get burned out on it no matter how much fun you're having at the time, you'll eventually "hate" it unfortunately.

Thi is why I like to have more than one game at a time. Usually in a rotation.

Unless it's something like Skyrim, then I play it religiously.

I buy games in bunches. I play games in bunches. I'll usually have a handful of titles going at any given time, in various states of completion (I'm anal retentive in that I won't completely put down a game until I have the platinum trophy, and maybe not even then). If I tried to play one game and only one game for days on end, I'd drive myself crazy -- I change things up because I like a little variety.

This isn't to say that I won't put down a game at one time or another, if I get bored or frustrated with it. Just that I'll eventually get back to it and finish it up before I put it away "for good".

• 2 weeks later...

Just one at a time for me. I don't like losing all that subliminal knowledge I built up, or having to take some time to get used to controls again.

However, I'm not one to wait until I get 100% before moving on. I'll still set things aside to finish up later, otherwise playing can become a monotonous drag, especially with other new games on the shelf staring back at me.

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely have one game playing and not have another game started yet since I don't have enough money to even afford a backlog, but if there's ever a time where I have more than one game or more I haven't started yet, I tend to hold it off or start on it and then put it off later.

I'm generally putting most of my effort toward one game at a time, but will still mix in some time with other games here and there, especially if it's something I'm playing/boosting with other people - you gotta take that when you can get it.

But for the most part, if you ask me what I'm playing at the moment, I would respond with a single game that is taking up nearly all of my attention.

• 3 weeks later...

Not only do I jump from game to game...but I also jump from one gaming generation to another gaming generation. That's why I love the BC of my PS3...definitely takes up less room in the living room with all the flexabliity of having the 3 machines sitting side by side by side...and for those times when "She Who Must Be Obeyed" wants to watch the TV, I have a PS2 hooked up in the bedroom on a 13" tv so I can continue the 2 level gaming goodness back there.