How do you play your games?

Wade_VC

How do you play your games?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How do you play your games?

• 1 game at a time for me.
    • 1 game at a time unless I get frustrated, then I'll put it aside for a bit.
    • I always have a few games going at once.

I was curious as to how everyone here plays their games.

Are you the type that starts a game and plays only that game until you finish it (either storyline or the Platinum); or do you usually have more than one game in progress at any given time?

As for me, I rarely play a game straight through, but rather have anywhere from 3 - 6 games going at the same time. I have always been like this ever since the NES days, and enjoy the variety. For me, it keeps my games fresh and I never feel "burnt out" on a game once I do finish it.

I can't decide which poll option I want to choose, so I'll hold off on that. :P

For the longest time, I jumped around from game to game like crazy. Could barely finish any games unless it was so engrossing that I couldn't stop playing (like GTA4). However, at some point, I sat myself down and forced myself to focus on Uncharted 1 until I had it platinum'd. Since then, if it's a game that can be platinum'd all on my lonesome (the opposite of games like LBP and NHL where I need to rely on others) I do a pretty darn good job of sticking to it.

I'd say mainly 1 game at a time now, though I'll jump to a more casual game like NHL or Skate 3 from time to time if I get exceedingly frustrated or bored at a game.

One at a time. I don't even buy games that often. Prior to Battlefield 3, which I got two days ago, the last game that I had bought was LittleBigPlanet 2 just a few days after its release date. So its given that I usually play the heck out of a game when I get it.

I play a few different games at a time. Gran Turismo 5 still sucks me away from new releases and when a few buddies want to jump on Battlefield or whatever else I'll pop that in for a while until I feel like playing something else. I buy a lot of damn games and I'm damn sure gonna play them when I feel like it, regardless of whether or not I've beat the one I'm currently playing. :D

Parker

I most always play 1 game @ a time till I've plated it or 100% it. there's only been 2 games that I've actually gotten frustrated with that I had to put them aside and moved on. but now there is only 1 in the frustrating category. but after every Plat or 100%, I try to catch up on the DLCs for My games as to try and get them back to 100%.

interesting topic... it made me take a look at my gaming habits

so... i usually have one game on my main focus and keep about 2 games on deck... I usually play long 150+ hour RPGs so sometimes i gotta mix it up... But if im determined to get a platinum and the game is super addictive i wont put it down...

good question Wade

I used to be quite fastidious about being a one-game-man, but given that I just don't have much time to dedicate to gaming for a while now - and i have a pile of untouched video games - i decided to try a few here and there. especially with the limited availability of PSN games during the PSNgate scandal/rent-a-game month access.

I'm on dark souls now,...but may try another game or two for variety's sake.

I'll go rounds with one game if I'm broke, but switching up games once in a while keeps things fresh for the most part. The only problem is keeping 2-3 different control schemes in my head at once.

This is pretty much the route I take and the reason I take it. One...maybe two games at a time. Anymore and I feel like I mess up the controls too much.

LMAO...yeah. Don't you love how the first 5 minutes of switching to another game after playing something else is all about:

"Oh shit, that's the wrong button!"

I could try to blame that on old age, but I've always been that way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...