Smevin's Regular, Every Day, Normal Ass Gamer Attempts at Trophy Hunting

YaManSmevz

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

4. Ghost of Tsushima

Maybe Yomi reignited my Samurai love but this one's been chillin on my profile with untouched (and free, for that matter) DLC for too long.

If you want a co-op partner for the Legends mode I'd be happy to jump back into this one with you ?. The multiplayer on this game is actually pretty fun, and I really liked the wave survival mode. I kinda lucked out with the raid though, had some random join my party who knew exactly what to do (as it's not overly clear when you first go into it), hopefully there's still enough helpful boosting groups for that part. Let me know ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heather342 said:

If you want a co-op partner for the Legends mode I'd be happy to jump back into this one with you 1f60a.png. The multiplayer on this game is actually pretty fun, and I really liked the wave survival mode. I kinda lucked out with the raid though, had some random join my party who knew exactly what to do (as it's not overly clear when you first go into it), hopefully there's still enough helpful boosting groups for that part. Let me know 1f44d.png

Ooh, I might take you up on that! I genuinely enjoyed Legends mode and thought the concept was outstanding but the grind of leveling up turned me off at the time, and for the raids I couldn't find partners who knew what they were doing to save my life?

While I have you here, what were your thoughts on the Iki DLC? I think you may have mentioned it in a challenge thread before but my memory fails me at the moment!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Ooh, I might take you up on that! I genuinely enjoyed Legends mode and thought the concept was outstanding but the grind of leveling up turned me off at the time, and for the raids I couldn't find partners who knew what they were doing to save my life1f604.png

While I have you here, what were your thoughts on the Iki DLC? I think you may have mentioned it in a challenge thread before but my memory fails me at the moment!

I enjoyed it ? it doesn't really add anything new in terms of gameplay mechanics. It does flesh out the story between Jin and his father through flashbacks, and the main mission story for the DLC is pretty good. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Platinum #85: God of War III

IT'S HAPPENING!!

This is a lil goofy, but one of the first things that really seduced me graphics-wise was the updated look of the chests. They look like real, beautifully made chests with an ominous glowing light. Immediately upon seeing these, the chests from the first two games may as well have been the ? blocks from the early Mario Brothers games!

? The lighting improvements in the 7th and 8th generations are pretty amazing, right? The step up in fidelity was a big deal for me when I played GOW3 too. I'm pretty sure that the Art Director from prior GOW games took over as Game Director for GOW3.

One notable new feature is how much more intuitive it is to switch weapons, which is a long overdue additon. And as usual, most of the new weapons are kinda meh, but holy shit is (are?) the Nemean Cestus bad ass!

Agreed. I wish Hades' Claws (whatever they're called) were a little stronger. They were my favourite yet weren't as effective as the Blades or the Cestus.

She's like "I'm literally supposed to be sacrificed, you're being really girly about it" and Kratos struggles with why he suddenly, and quite bizarrely, doesn't want to hurt someone.

"I dunno, Kratos, you're being kind of a bitch right now."

breaking-bad-bitch.gif

Given what I know now about the reboot, and how Kratos becomes a full on dad rockin New Balances and an "Old Guys Rule" T-shirt, I think it works.

Oh dude... he's gone full cargo shorts in GOW2018. Full sneakers-and-jeans, dude.

The personalities given to the gods are great. Hera as this drunken middle aged housewife cracks me up, right down to calling Pandora a "little whore."

Yeah this felt right on when I played it too. They really brought Hera into the 21st Century in this game.

The box was empty, so Kratos presumes that he didn't have the power to kill a god after all. Except for Ares, Athena, Poseidon, Hades, Helios, Hermes, Hera, and Hephaestus

??

3 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Also, 3/10 difficulty? Get the fuck out of here PSNP1f644.png

☝️

Loved this, dude. Worth the wait!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

IT'S HAPPENING!!

Thanks, homie? You and Rob both gave me the encouragement to get back on it and finish something. Inadvertently, of course, but it still counts!

1f602.png The lighting improvements in the 7th and 8th generations are pretty amazing, right? The step up in fidelity was a big deal for me when I played GOW3 too. I'm pretty sure that the Art Director from prior GOW games took over as Game Director for GOW3.

I think you're right, that sounds really familiar about the Art Director and it's likely we both read about/saw that somewhere. And duuude I can't help wishing I'd played this on a PS3, I mean the PS4 incarnation is fucking flawless but I'm still curious of how the original version looked! On the PS4 though, it's just worlds away from what came before it.

Agreed. I wish Hades' Claws (whatever they're called) were a little stronger. They were my favourite yet weren't as effective as the Blades or the Cestus.

I may have been a bit reductive with that part, but I just never found myself going for any weapon other than the Blades or Cestus unless I needed a certain magic or to attack gently so as to get a thousand hit combo, which was totally not just for a trophy or anything.

"I dunno, Kratos, you're being kind of a bitch right now."

breaking-bad-bitch.gif

Dammit. Yours was better???

Loved this, dude. Worth the wait!

Again, huge thanks mah man! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, realm722 said:

Your kind words also got me kinda inspired for another article idea... "The 5 Games I've Played That You Should Drop Everything And Play If YOU Haven't". That'd be a fun exercise. 

Dooo it, dooo it!

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 2:41 PM, YaManSmevz said:

- You can't store pots and pans in the oven, which confirms that she is not Mexican.

Haha, I'm mildly embarrassed to inform you that we Italians also do this. Maybe it's just a poor people thing? But, I mean, it seems like such a waste not to utilize all of that space between cooking sessions! ?‍♂️

On 8/8/2023 at 2:41 PM, YaManSmevz said:

- Ah, the basket of miscellaneous electronics, yet another thing we've all got hangin around somewhere.

And in 15 years or thereabouts, only once can I recall ever needing anything from that silly container. Why are people like this? :facepalm:

Doesn't sound like my sorta game, but I quite enjoyed reading this one (and the GoW3 write-up) regardless. You infuse so much of your personality and humor into your reviews that I doubt I'd have difficulty recognizing the author, even if the text was presented out of context. Hope you keep at it, since you've fast become one of my favorite writers on here.

I think what this game really needs to catch my interest is a "California Repacking" DLC, requiring you to swiftly load your most important possessions into boxes under a time limit, so that you can evacuate before that encroaching forest fire arrives. Now there's something I can relate to!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StraightVege said:

Haha, I'm mildly embarrassed to inform you that we Italians also do this. Maybe it's just a poor people thing? But, I mean, it seems like such a waste not to utilize all of that space between cooking sessions! ?‍♂️

??? I love it! I couldn't even say, I just know my mom did it, so I did too - maybe it started as an 'in a pinch' type thing where you're trying to clean up quickly? You're absolutely right though, that's some solid real estate!

The only downside is that every once in a great while, I'm making something for a family function, or something else that puts me in a rush, and I go to place something in there to bake and hear that clank?

And in 15 years or thereabouts, only once can I recall ever needing anything from that silly container. Why are people like this? :facepalm:

Seriously. I swear that I might need something in that box, but I've literally only seen it when I move, and it's a pretty safe bet that it's just Blackberry chargers and coaxial adapters...

Doesn't sound like my sorta game, but I quite enjoyed reading this one (and the GoW3 write-up) regardless. You infuse so much of your personality and humor into your reviews that I doubt I'd have difficulty recognizing the author, even if the text was presented out of context. Hope you keep at it, since you've fast become one of my favorite writers on here.

Thank you so much man, that means a lot - particularly since I've grown pretty fond myself of reading your posts in the Latest Platinum thread. It's always nice to hear that someone enjoys them, and it goes a long way to help with motivation. I appreciate you?

I think what this game really needs to catch my interest is a "California Repacking" DLC, requiring you to swiftly load your most important possessions into boxes under a time limit, so that you can evacuate before that encroaching forest fire arrives. Now there's something I can relate to!

Yoooo you ain't lyin???

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 12:48 AM, YaManSmevz said:

Platinum #105: Trek to Yomi

Damn - I totally missed that you posted this one!

That's a great review - and not quite sure if it makes me more or less likely to dip into this one sooner! I've had the game on my list for a while, and other games just keep shunting ahead of it, but it defientely sounds like it falls in that... "oooohhh... so close" kinda category...

...that isn't a dealbreaker, but with so many good games out there, doesn't always help!

also...

On 8/29/2023 at 12:48 AM, YaManSmevz said:

- "Am I here? Or am I over HERE??" Great, we have to fight Milhouse in his camo gear.

*snicker*! 😆

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to hear you've had a rough month. Hopefully this month will be better for you! Don't push yourself to game too much if you aren't feeling it 😊

Certainly felt the feeling like a sad sack for trophy hunting myself this month, and nearly burned out with some bullshit RNG trophies then the Trials DLC in Dante's Inferno that me and Rob are currently suffering through.

I enjoyed your VA-11 Hall-A review a lot by the way, and always like seeing you post, they're always funny and upbeat to read😁

• Like 2