Recommend Titles for me

LegendExeter

Hello,

I'm wondering if people can recommend some games to play:  I play on PS3, considering purchasing a PS4 this November/December and possibly sooner.

What I like:

Anything Macabre or like Good vs. Evil like on a Demon/Angel level like Diablo, Dante's Inferno

Fighting Games

Racing Games

RPG Games

What I don't like:

Anime, Japanimation, First Person Shooters, Grand Theft Auto

Games with HORRIBLE controls, like I probably will never play I AM Bread

Games with HORRIBLE camera angles, can't stand them

Racing Games where I cannot change the controller buttons to the way I like them

A game I'm looking for #1: - Solved

There was this game I remember seeing in videos, the entire screen was white and black, as if it was a drawn scenery yet nothing was colored, the only thing that was colored was the blood when someone killed someone else.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about? - Madworld - Wii

Edited by LegendExeter

I'm not sure how much you can change the controls because I normally don't but for racing games, pretty sure the platinum/100% is quite difficult or unobtainable in a lot of the best PS3 racing games, but my favourites from the era...

Need for Speed (Hot Pursuit being the best on PS3 I feel) with Rivals worth looking at, only because I think it goes offline soon and actually is a good game but doesn't run very well on PS3.

Pretty sure the platinum/100% is quite difficult or unobtainable in a lot of the best PS3 racing games, but my favourites from the era...

Test Drive Unlimited 2

Split/Second

Blur

Midnight Club Los Angeles

Gran Turismo 5 or 6

Driver San Francisco could be worth your time also

Potentially Grid 2 or Grid Autosport

I don't really play RPG games and the two I'm going to recommend are quite buggy/don't have great performance but I love them anyway.

Fallout New Vegas

Alpha Protocol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mareepx said:

Need for Speed (Hot Pursuit being the best on PS3 I feel) with Rivals worth looking at, only because I think it goes offline soon and actually is a good game but doesn't run very well on PS3.

Those 2 (Hot Pursuit & Rivals, along with Most Wanted) will be the only PS3 NFS games with the online still up as neither of those games were mentioned in the shut down notice. Carbon, Undercover, Shift, Shift 2 & The Run are the games that will be shut down on the 31st.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

A game I'm looking for:

There was this game I remember seeing in videos, the entire screen was white and black, as if it was a drawn scenery yet nothing was colored, the only thing that was colored was the blood when someone killed someone else.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

closest game I can think of that describes this is WET

https://youtu.be/Ae3zt0cMutc

• Like 2

Here you go:

Macabre:

Alice: Madness Returns

Both Castlevania: Lords of Shadow games

Both Darksiders games

All Dead Space games

All Devil May Cry games

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

Killer is Dead

Lollipop Chainsaw

Shadows of the Damned

Splatterhouse

The Evil Within

With otherworldly element:

All God of War games

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

Okami HD (digital only)

Fighting games:

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Both Mortal Kombat games

Both SoulCalibur games

Both Tekken games

Racing games:

Blur

Both Gran Turismo games

Midnight Club: Los Angeles

All Need for Speed games

Split/Second

RPGs:

All Dragon Age games

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Drakengard 3 (digital only)

Both The Elder Scrolls games

Both Fallout games

Knights Contract

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Of Orcs & Men

Hope it helps!

17 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

There was this game I remember seeing in videos, the entire screen was white and black, as if it was a drawn scenery yet nothing was colored, the only thing that was colored was the blood when someone killed someone else.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Can you be more specific?

EDIT: Added some more games.

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 1

I can only speak for Racing and Fighting games since I have played a few of those on my list so far. Both of those genres have a lot of diversity, since you didn't specify the type of racer/fighters you like I will give you a rundown on what I'd recommend.

3D Fighters - Tekken Tag Tournament HD & Tekken 6 (PS3)

Kart Racing - Sonic and Sega All-stars Racing/Transformed (PS3)

Most of these games are not super challenging with the exception of All-stars Racing Transformed.

__________________________________________________________________________________

In the future when you get your hands on a PS4 than I'd suggest the following games;

2D Fighters - Blazblue Cross Tag Battle/Central Fiction, Under Night In-Birth Exe Late St

3D Fighters - Tekken 7

Kart Racing - Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled

Hope you find this post useful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

closest game I can think of that describes this is WET

https://youtu.be/Ae3zt0cMutc

Nice, that is silhouette like and looks pretty cool.

It's not the one though, I don't know how to describe it, it was like the game was not colored, like monochrome, and yet the blood splatters were the only thing that showed in color on the screen.

It looked like Gears of War in black/white with only the blood of people showing as they were killed.

Like drawn scenery meaning like the video to Aha's Take on Me from the 80's.

Edited by LegendExeter

Ridge Racer 7. I don't think you can get this from PSN anymore, but it's worth tracking down the disc version. It should be easy to find for a good price. For fighting games, I'll recommend Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Tekken 6, and the digital version of Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection (not sure if this last one is still listed).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm actually getting a very strong itch to play Dead by Daylight.

I would need a new console, yet I'm a huge horror fan, I own the entire movie series of all of the DLC packs that have movies.  I legit own all 9 Hellraiser movies O_O, all Halloweens, all F 13's, all Elm Streets.  I even have the Evil Dead series.  

Game looks sick!

• Like 1