EA account screwed me over, and my psn account is held hostage.

TalalHmd

So when I played this game in 2016, I guess an EA account was created. but this EA account's password is now "expired" and it needs to be reset. the problem is, it was made with an old email that I no longer have access to. 

I contacted EA and they asked me specific questions. which apparently I'm not answering correctly. one of the questions is my IP address when I played (how am I supposed to get my IP address from 2016, I'm pretty sure I had a different internet provider)

anyway, so now they can't help. and according to them, EA prioritize their customers' security.. which makes absolutely no sense, because it's obviously a dead account, that I don't want to even use, I just want them to unlink it from my psn. they should prioritize my active psn account

so I contacted Hotmail, because EA was no help. and they told me that if the email hasn't been active for more than 5 years it's possibly deleted. I tried to make a new account with the same name so I can receive EA's emails, but the email is unavailable. unbelievable. 

how is this allowed? I have an active psn account, and active ps plus, why does a third party account stop me from playing games I've purchased? this also mean I can never play any EA game online 

I never been on that wagon, but yeah **** EA

• Like 3

EA sucks. They have been real scrummy ever since. Japanese companies however, are more in touch with their customers than western companies. The reason I said this is because I put my trust in Japanese companies than western companies.

While I'm sorry to hear that you lost your PSN account because of EA, just be more careful.

People used to get their fifa accounts hacked far too easily because the support chat were clueless and would change the email address/account details with very little evidence that it was the account owner making the change, if you don't have access to the email and can't answer the security questions they've asked it's unlucky for you but I can't really blame them in this situation

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

Ah yes. Konami and Square Enix are very much in touch with their pachinko and gacha audiences. 

Konami is not doing well since they did scrummy EA practices, but I enjoyed FFBE for its gacha gameplay and I quite enjoyed it a lot. I understand why you think that and respect that, but I enjoy SE and their JRPG and gacha games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alantor32 said:

Konami is not doing well since they did scrummy EA practices, but I enjoyed FFBE for its gacha gameplay and I quite enjoyed it a lot. I understand why you think that and respect that, but I enjoy SE and their JRPG and gacha games.

I just think it's sad how they took the brilliance of FF7, and marred it's legacy with all these free-2-play cash grabby games like the FF7 First Soldier battle royal game and that FF7 Ever Crisis gacha game.

Ironic how FF7 Crisis Core ended on the note of carrying one's legacy, and Square Enix is doing all that it can to milk it for all it's worth.

2 minutes ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

I just think it's sad how they took the brilliance of FF7, and marred it's legacy with all these free-2-play cash grabby games like the FF7 First Soldier battle royal game and that FF7 Ever Crisis gacha game.

Ironic how FF7 Crisis Core ended on the note of carrying one's legacy, and Square Enix is doing all that it can to milk it for all it's worth.

Understandable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alantor32 said:

Understandable.

You can love Japan all you like, there’s no need to ram it down everyone’s throat when ever a western company does a bad thing like Japanese companies don’t do bad things too, they’re all one industry and they’re all scum 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

Ah yes. Konami and Square Enix are very much in touch with their pachinko and gacha audiences. 

to be fair, I was able to recover my Final Fantasy 14 account a lot easier (same email address as the one used on Fifa)  

Sqaure didn’t take my psn account hostage 

6 hours ago, MD_91 said:

People used to get their fifa accounts hacked far too easily because the support chat were clueless and would change the email address/account details with very little evidence that it was the account owner making the change, if you don't have access to the email and can't answer the security questions they've asked it's unlucky for you but I can't really blame them in this situation

sure. But there are other ways they can verify I’m the account owner

for one, they can let me log in with my psn account. Easy. 

and why the hell does their password “expire”, and in this case, the accounts should expire as well 

I've had my EA account hacked in 2016 and phone support was superb, wasn't expecting it be that smooth. Don't blame EA, it's your fault for not keeping track of your passwords and account details.

I actually remembered everything, including the secret questions and they returned my access in a 10 minute call.

On 8/14/2021 at 7:43 PM, TalalHmd said:

EA prioritize their customers' security.. which makes absolutely no sense

I laughed hard at that lol.

There are millions of scammers around the world trying to breach FIFA accounts and steal good players and FUT coins, EA has to be rigid otherwise people would lose all their content, I repeat, just remember your account details, always use your main email, 2 factor authentication and you'll have no issues in the future.

In case you can't recover your account just ask support to unlink it from your PSN or something like that so you can create a new one.

I don't know if you're the same guy or if it was someone else, but there was another thread regarding EA screwing over somebody who was getting the online trophies for one of the Madden games he was playing.

EA has had a long track record of bullshit. Quite a history of mistreating their workers as well. Their online servers also suck, I generally avoid most sport ball games because the online is only up for a couple of years or so.

Sorry to hear about this, but your chances of getting thru to EA are nearly impossible.

It´s still possible to get the trophies if you don´t have access to that account anymore but you´d lose any progress you have on all EA titles you´ve ever played. Use this method from @Fugoha of medal of honor warfighter... 

"Hey guys!

I just read this forum about Global Warfighters because... oh boy I remembered I was having a hard time to get this trophy. I asked EA support to delete my account so many times, and they never did their job. Then I had finally found a new solution to unlock this trophy in an easy way. I even helped CS-Sovereign (he posted on this forum), but when I read his post... I have to say that he went through a lot and in bad processing. Yes! You can unlink your PSN ID on your EA account BUT not in CS-Sovereign's way because it's wrong 1f615.png

Here is my method that I unlocked a glitch trophy and it's 100% working!

1. Create a new EA account with a new email.

2. Go to this link Contact EA Login your original EA account, search 'Origin' > PC > Manage my account > Transfer between accounts > Write your headline 'Unlink my PSN ID'

3. Then you start chatting AND when they say why you want to unlink your PSN ID? You answer them this exactly answer (you can copy and paste the answer)! 'Because my PSN ID is linked to the wrong account, and I want to link it to my actual account (the correct one).'

4. When they finish unlink it, open any EA games and do the login (to link your PSN ID to the new EA account). I did it in PS4 'FIFA 20 Demo' and it worked.

5. Then you can play in online and get the trophy with no problem (be sure to pick the third option, Korea Soldier).

6. After you get the trophy, login to your new account in Contact EA and ask the support again to unlink it. Same as Number 2 and 3.

7. Do the same thing as Number 4. To link your PSN ID back to your original EA account. So that way you will have all your statistics of other games.

8. That's all 1f642.png

I know it's waaaaaaaaaaay too late now, but it's better to give a new solution than nothing 1f609.png I hope you guys find this useful and helpful!"

Here is the link to it...

On 8/22/2021 at 3:34 AM, EdinhoN said:

I laughed hard at that lol.

There are millions of scammers around the world trying to breach FIFA accounts and steal good players and FUT coins, EA has to be rigid otherwise people would lose all their content, I repeat, just remember your account details, always use your main email, 2 factor authentication and you'll have no issues in the future.

In case you can't recover your account just ask support to unlink it from your PSN or something like that so you can create a new one.

I guess you laughed too hard, that you you didn't read the whole sentence? it's obviously a dead EA account, with 0 coins, 0 purchases, and an expired password. surely their staff should know how to prioritize between a dead EA account and an active psn account. 

and I did ask them to unlink the account from my psn, and leave the dead EA account as is. i thought that would make sense, because even if I was a scammer, the original owner can still reclaim it, and my psn log ins aren't even working on the account, because again, its "expired" so really it's a win / win, but of course they didn't help 

and btw I also know all my details, but they're saying it's not true. and they're asking for my IP from 5 years ago, which is moronic

On 8/22/2021 at 10:57 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I don't know if you're the same guy or if it was someone else, but there was another thread regarding EA screwing over somebody who was getting the online trophies for one of the Madden games he was playing.

not me, but searching psn and EA account, and it's apparently a recurring issue 

On 8/22/2021 at 11:12 AM, KingmathyGoodman said:

It´s still possible to get the trophies if you don´t have access to that account anymore but you´d lose any progress you have on all EA titles you´ve ever played. Use this method from @Fugoha of medal of honor warfighter... 

"Hey guys!

I just read this forum about Global Warfighters because... oh boy I remembered I was having a hard time to get this trophy. I asked EA support to delete my account so many times, and they never did their job. Then I had finally found a new solution to unlock this trophy in an easy way. I even helped CS-Sovereign (he posted on this forum), but when I read his post... I have to say that he went through a lot and in bad processing. Yes! You can unlink your PSN ID on your EA account BUT not in CS-Sovereign's way because it's wrong 1f615.png

Here is my method that I unlocked a glitch trophy and it's 100% working!

1. Create a new EA account with a new email.

2. Go to this link Contact EA Login your original EA account, search 'Origin' > PC > Manage my account > Transfer between accounts > Write your headline 'Unlink my PSN ID'

3. Then you start chatting AND when they say why you want to unlink your PSN ID? You answer them this exactly answer (you can copy and paste the answer)! 'Because my PSN ID is linked to the wrong account, and I want to link it to my actual account (the correct one).'

4. When they finish unlink it, open any EA games and do the login (to link your PSN ID to the new EA account). I did it in PS4 'FIFA 20 Demo' and it worked.

5. Then you can play in online and get the trophy with no problem (be sure to pick the third option, Korea Soldier).

6. After you get the trophy, login to your new account in Contact EA and ask the support again to unlink it. Same as Number 2 and 3.

7. Do the same thing as Number 4. To link your PSN ID back to your original EA account. So that way you will have all your statistics of other games.

8. That's all 1f642.png

I know it's waaaaaaaaaaay too late now, but it's better to give a new solution than nothing 1f609.png I hope you guys find this useful and helpful!"

Here is the link to it...

Thanks, but that won't l work, because of point 2. I can't log in to the old EA account, because the password I chose is expired smh and they won't me to reset it, but they're sending the link to the old email, which I don't have access to 

Edited by TalalHmd

what do you know! I updated my account lol 

it's actually pretty simple.. there's an 'Update Email' option in the game itself (Fifa 17), but I guess it only appears in the original console that the account was created on (even though I'm using the same save file on ps5)

I randomly thought of trying the original console to see if it would log in automatically and then I could change the email, so I dug up my ps4 pro and tried it and found the update email option 

Edited by TalalHmd