Is this game broken?

xFinal

Hey all.

I realise it's an oldish game now, but I started this today always been on the border so I finally went and got it, started it up, and it crashed on the opening cinematic, then crashed in the courtyard after the intro, crashed again when I tried hitting options, and then crashed AGAIN when I died from the butcher fella.

Is hopeless broken or is it just unfortunate luck I'm having?

(Playing it on a PS5 btw)

I loved this game and certainly never had the issues you're describing. The gameplay is a little too clunky for the one-hit-kill mode to be fun, but other than that it's great.

It's probably what Hunting fever said, a game that isn't really compatible with PS5. Since it's a Bethesda/Microsoft game now I bet it's intentional ?

• Like 3

I 100%ed this game back in May and I played the entire thing on a PS5 so it is definitely compatible with the PS5. As to why you are having issues I can’t say however. Have you tried reinstalling the game? Rebuilding the database or any of the other things that usually get suggested when this kind of issue arises?

• Like 1

Yeah, I've reinstalled it but this is also the first time I've even installed it, I was worried about the ps5 compatibility, I've had a couple games that bugged before and a reboot fixed it, but I tried that aswell and still had a crash, but if it worked alright for you on a PS5 then I've got hopes for it.

I'll have to try again tomorrow and see if sorts itself out, but out of curiosity did you alter any settings? Like the letterbox effect, I turned that off and wondering if maybe that was part of it, but the first crash I had it enabled.

Same, I bought 1 and 2 on disc, wondering if it might be because I'm not in the main game as if yet, might be more buggy, but I'm clutching at straws, I'll stick with it and see if they manage to clear up since I can't see any reason why I'm getting these when others aren't.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you waited for the game to fully install? I remember Uncharted 4 had issues when you just downloaded the bare minimum to start the game, to the point where it would even crash the whole system.

You'll know the game is fully installed when it says "Installed" as opposed to "Ready to start".

55 minutes ago, Tiricy said:

It doesn't work with ps5. It's happened with me on Dying Light always crashed. You must play it on ps4 or I think you need an external HDD to play it on ps5.

I played through the whole game on PS5 (digital version installed on the SSD) including all DLCs and didn't experience a single crash.

6 hours ago, l33sar54 said:

I played through the whole game on PS5 (digital version installed on the SSD) including all DLCs and didn't experience a single crash.

It's crashed with me and my friend. When we tried on ps4, there is no any crash app with us !!

Edited by Tiricy

• 4 months later...

I played the game originally on Xbox One when it first came out and loved it, so bought it digitally in the january sale and sadly I am having the same issues as the original poster.

Crashed during the opening cutscene 3 times. Finally got to the butcher section but had to pause it to answer the door and couldn't unpause so reloaded and tried one more time and crashed again straight away.

Gave up and uninstalled it, glad I only spent £3 on it an not more 

I never had any stability issues when I played it in 2017. Loved the game, but it was one of the most unhealthy gaming experiences i've ever had. The combination of the lighting patterns, FOV and FPS would regularly bring on headaches and a really noticeable feeling of eye strain after an hour or two of playing, I thought it was just me, but there were quite a few people reporting it back then. PC players were apparently able to tweak the settings a bit using mods and PC-only options, but console players didn't get that luxury.

Great story and gameplay and I loved the world it was set in, but damn if it didn't try to give me a sick headache at every turn ?

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

On 8/22/2021 at 0:44 PM, yowzagabowza said:

Since it's a Bethesda/Microsoft game now I bet it's intentional 1f47f.png

Yea, they chose a game with very mediocre popularity to stick it to the Sony community.

If this was an actual thing very smart people would be able to prove it and then Sony could sue Microsoft. The bad publicity of such a petty stunt wouldn’t be worth dealing with. 

3 hours ago, I-Reaped-U said:

Yea, they chose a game with very mediocre popularity to stick it to the Sony community.

If this was an actual thing very smart people would be able to prove it and then Sony could sue Microsoft. The bad publicity of such a petty stunt wouldn’t be worth dealing with. 

Yeah, you think I'm being serious here or....?

• Like 1

In response to my previous post, I cleared my console's cache, rebuilt the database and reinstalled the game and it seems to be working fine now. I have reached chapter two with no further crashes.

On 22/08/2021 at 8:21 PM, xFinal said:

Hey all.

I realise it's an oldish game now, but I started this today always been on the border so I finally went and got it, started it up, and it crashed on the opening cinematic, then crashed in the courtyard after the intro, crashed again when I tried hitting options, and then crashed AGAIN when I died from the butcher fella.

Is hopeless broken or is it just unfortunate luck I'm having?

(Playing it on a PS5 btw)

See my previous post, I cleared my consoles cache and rebuilt the database and it works now, hopefully the same will work for you :)

• 1 year later...

It works as good on PS5 as on PS4 Pro I would say. I don't think you will discover any odd graphical glitches on PS5 except if you are lucky/unlucky.

I replayed PsychoBreak Japanese digital version on PS5 and have only had maybe 3 crashes in one play through. One when trying to end chapter by entering the church after the Sentinel boss, and another one somewhere and one time PS5 hang up at one of the wire trap death scenes in the end of the game during the walk on the bloody bridge where you have to avoid light circles etc.

During the water cave after passing the key statue behind a little waterfall, there's one rat that I think is supposed to float dead in the water. That mice started to float in the air and it looked really cool. Actually I got to appreciate how well designed that rat was :D

Edited by Sweethorpe