Resistance Mode adds one Trophy

Elite_Sniper001

20 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

Anyone has any tips for the smoking gun mission where bagley has to hack around while waves of drones fly by?

I don’t really have any really if you’re using Aiden use one of his LMGs and make use of his Blackout ability. 

If not stand where you pulled the lever.
Don’t worry about Bagley he may say stuff about you protecting him but it seems he never really resets his hack just goes slower.

Focus on the drones that shoot at you first.

If they’re humans focus on them first if their shooting at you

They spawn either on the bottom left or right (if you’re standing at the lever) and will never go towards you.
From the bottom right they’ll go up the stairs or stay on the bottom to shoot at you. 
from the left they’ll either go up the ladder towards Bagley’s platform or to one of the sides. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I don’t really have any really if you’re using Aiden use one of his LMGs and make use of his Blackout ability. 

If not stand where you pulled the lever.
Don’t worry about Bagley he may say stuff about you protecting him but it seems he never really resets his hack just goes slower.

Focus on the drones that shoot at you first.

If they’re humans focus on them first if their shooting at you

They spawn either on the bottom left or right (if you’re standing at the lever) and will never go towards you.
From the bottom right they’ll go up the stairs or stay on the bottom to shoot at you. 
from the left they’ll either go up the ladder towards Bagley’s platform or to one of the sides. 

Managed to get it done on the third try with aiden i was using wrench without realising aiden was easier

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason-DFG said:

Managed to get it done on the third try with aiden i was using wrench without realising aiden was easier

I had a crappy character and sat in this little room on top where the lever is located. Bagley died like 100 times while I always waited for my Drone Hack to be ready. No enemy enters the room and Bagleys deaths don't matter.

Pretty Easy but took some time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xIRockyRock said:

I had a crappy character and sat in this little room on top where the lever is located. Bagley died like 100 times while I always waited for my Drone Hack to be ready. No enemy enters the room and Bagleys deaths don't matter.

Pretty Easy but took some time.

I did it the same way just camping inside that room you have to get the key 

• Like 2

On 05/09/2021 at 1:25 PM, Jason-DFG said:

Anyone has any tips for the smoking gun mission where bagley has to hack around while waves of drones fly by?

I hid inside the little metal shack and shot the drones though the fence they won't hit you in there and Bagley will eventually hack the door.

• 1 month later...

I will attempt this but I'm really afraid that I might not be able to achieve 100% because I have no DLC characters and I WILL NOT buy the Season Pass just because of this... I literally see everyone achieving this with Aiden and Wrench and people STILL SAY its difficult asf so what about the people who have no DLC characters!?!?! Literally impossible I see? I just don't have any motivation to try it because of that to be honest, I'm absolutely sure this is like a 9/10 difficulty without DLC characters and I'm not gonna go through that pain in the ass :/

Fuck this shit and fuck Ubisoft. 

Edited by fresquinho

On 10/30/2021 at 0:37 PM, fresquinho said:

I will attempt this but I'm really afraid that I might not be able to achieve 100% because I have no DLC characters and I WILL NOT buy the Season Pass just because of this... I literally see everyone achieving this with Aiden and Wrench and people STILL SAY its difficult asf so what about the people who have no DLC characters!?!?! Literally impossible I see? I just don't have any motivation to try it because of that to be honest, I'm absolutely sure this is like a 9/10 difficulty without DLC characters and I'm not gonna go through that pain in the ass :/

Actually you can just use similar characters to the dlc ones for example anyone with a cargo drone can substitute wrench work the most part. And anyone with heavy artillery like machine guns can for the most part sub for Aiden really all the dlc characters have going for them is a couple of abilities that honestly don't help all that much like Aiden's black out ability which I used like once the whole time 

The biggest plus for the dlc characters is they are just there from the start and you don't have to wast time hunting and recruiting

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I haven't started resistance mode yet but I am curious how resistance mode would work seeing as there are various points where you have to hold position until a download is complete which has some difficulty spikes (depending on the character you use) even on normal.

For all but a handful of those situations you can just use the spider drone and hide it I usually just sit on top of the computer or behind it in a cubby or in a vent

On 10/30/2021 at 0:37 PM, fresquinho said:

I'd also like to point out (just remembered because of someone else's question) but like 85-90% of everything is spiderbot friendly so you can just stand outside and let your spiderbot do he mission theres really just a handful of missions that require you to go in and do a mission in person.  There's a guide around here somewhere that says which ones an for those just save an back up your save before trying

The worst part in my experience is the waiting around while things download or calm down  

Edited by Taliesin_2943

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2021 at 0:38 AM, kantera said:

I'm about to go for the Long Live Dedsec trophy. I've read the guide and it states to upload your save to the cloud frequently. Can I do this from the main menu of the game or is it recommended to do it in the settings of your PS5? Thanks!

You always have to close app to upload a save. 

Edit: Never mind, mission completed ?. Collected the Silenced P9 and G36 and managed to complete the mission with Aiden.

I just reached Into The Void but I'm really struggling. I have all the needed updates (Tech points) and I'm playing with Aiden but I always die when i did both hemispheres.

Any extra tips? Which weapons? Should I before this mission get the silenced P9 and the G36?

Thanks!

Edited by kantera

• 1 month later...

A few notes about "Resistance" mode. It's extremely difficult. I've decided to make a list if things use noticed that are different between standard mode and Tesistance mode. First of all on resistance the game is automatically set to hard difficulty and permadeath is on, this CANNOT be changed. Other than that..... 

*spiderbots cannot do stealth takedown. 

*tech points outside redzones give you a one star Albion police pursuit.

*going through active checkpoints raises an Albion pursuit one star for each checkpoint you go through. (Clear boroughs to get rid of checkpoints)

*there are no fast travel points except the hideout.

*if Albion sees you in public (drones/patrolman) they will pursue you (1 star)

*electrical outlets CANNOT be made into traps, only attract and explode buttons are available.

*the game only gives you the exact number of tech points to fill your skill list. (I got every one available in standard mode and had 250 tech points extra) Meaning choose your skills carefully. You won't fill out your whole list til after the 2nd to last mission. 

-HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL TO SOMEONE 

26 minutes ago, brodey4455 said:

A few notes about "Resistance" mode. It's extremely difficult. I've decided to make a list if things use noticed that are different between standard mode and Tesistance mode. First of all on resistance the game is automatically set to hard difficulty and permadeath is on, this CANNOT be changed. Other than that..... 

*spiderbots cannot do stealth takedown. 

*tech points outside redzones give you a one star Albion police pursuit.

*going through active checkpoints raises an Albion pursuit one star for each checkpoint you go through. (Clear boroughs to get rid of checkpoints)

*there are no fast travel points except the hideout.

*if Albion sees you in public (drones/patrolman) they will pursue you (1 star)

*electrical outlets CANNOT be made into traps, only attract and explode buttons are available.

*the game only gives you the exact number of tech points to fill your skill list. (I got every one available in standard mode and had 250 tech points extra) Meaning choose your skills carefully. You won't fill out your whole list til after the 2nd to last mission. 

-HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL TO SOMEONE 

If you use someone with a freight driver checkpoints and alerts are a non issue on the map cause you fly over them or fly away before Albion shows up

As for fast travel it still exists its just that you now open your map and can see your other characters and you can switch thus "fast traveling" to that location an usually you get near where u need to go in 1 or 2 switches 

And as I mentioned  before  most things can be done with a spiderbot (getting those pesky tech points while safely outside danger, infiltrating a guarded building doing your hacks ect and just exiting the bot mode and walking away.

Honestly it's more frustrating than hard cause you gotta figure out optimal approach to stuff and probably save scum abit if you die but there's actually only a handful of missions your character has to actually be present for and most of those you just have to learn to hack turrets and drones so they take out stuff for you while your safely hidden till everyone's dead. Some can be a pain when you gotta fight while locked I'm those I'd recommend a character with strong weapons like wrench and Aiden or equivalent it's a bit of trial and error but you don't need all the tech points far from it and you don't need to do the area clearing. At most u need a layer and a medic and a few ahem......cannon fodder people 

Tips for anyone struggling:

- Wrench, Aiden, and Darcy are your most useful agents by far, and you'll likely never use anyone else. Mina's mind control is fun but not super useful, as the controlled people can't really do much.

- Wrench is your scout. His cargo drone is much faster than the normal ones, and he's your best candidate for navigating the city, and for flying above restricted areas and throwing in a spider-bot to explore and pick up tech points.

- Darcy is your stealth infiltrator. Her AR cloak gives you uniformed access to any restricted area, and it lasts practically forever. If you need to sneak in and out and avoid open combat, and you can't use a spider-bot for whatever reason, Darcy's your best bet. Give her a shock mine so you can attract guards out of their patrols and kill them without being spotted.

- Aiden is your combat expert. With an AR cloak and his Mass Hack gadget and his expanded arsenal, he's the best choice for any situations you need to shoot your way out of. By timing the mass hack and cloak correctly, I was able to escape the bunker without firing a single shot.

- You don't _need_ the DLC characters, they're just really good. You can replace them with any construction worker/Albion agent/professional hitman and still make it work.

- It may be worth it to free the various boroughs. Not only do you get some backup agents and expose tech points, but it turns off the checkpoints around the city streets, which makes driving much safer.

- If you pick up trapped points, usually the chase drones will go to the location of the points, not to your agent. So drop a spider-bot, fly as far away as you can, hijack the bot and pick up the points, then switch back to your agent and fly away. Most of the time the drones won't even go after you.

- Sabine tells you right at the beginning of the game to use guns as a last resort, and that's good advice. Often enemies won't start shooting until you do, so you can often stick to melee combat, which is way easier.

- If you're getting overwhelmed by combat, just break line-of-sight and wait. Eventually the guards will stop looking, even if you're still in a restricted area.

It's hard enough that I wouldn't recommend it on your first playthrough, but it's not nearly as hard as some make it out to be. If you treat it as a stealth game, instead of a third-person shooter, it becomes way easier.

Edited by PhyrxianLibrarin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm really struggling on The Malik Dossier mission where you have to defend the 3 computers. The Albion guards seem to respawn infinitely. I don't have access to Aiden or Wrench, and don't really want to buy the season pass just for one achievement. I already lost my professional hitman who was probably my best damage dealer. I've tried hiding in the back room where the ammo crates are, but the guards just walk in and shoot me while I'm trying to hijack the drones. The guards also spam kamikaze drones which can put you in black and white status from full health. They are a one-shot kill if you aren't at full health when you get hit by them. I have Gun Jam and Disrupt, but the cooldowns are too long for me to be able to use them on every enemy before I get overwhelmed. I thought Into the Void and Smoking Gun were pretty easy compared to this one.

Edited by SublimeHawk

1 hour ago, SublimeHawk said:

I'm really struggling on The Malik Dossier mission where you have to defend the 3 computers. The Albion guards seem to respawn infinitely. I don't have access to Aiden or Wrench, and don't really want to buy the season pass just for one achievement. I already lost my professional hitman who was probably my best damage dealer. I've tried hiding in the back room where the ammo crates are, but the guards just walk in and shoot me while I'm trying to hijack the drones. The guards also spam kamikaze drones which can put you in black and white status from full health. They are a one-shot kill if you aren't at full health when you get hit by them. I have Gun Jam and Disrupt, but the cooldowns are too long for me to be able to use them on every enemy before I get overwhelmed. I thought Into the Void and Smoking Gun were pretty easy compared to this one.

There is an easy way do to this , if you have the perk to disable weapons , use it and keep 1 enemy alive the whole time , that way, no more will spawn ;)

Also I highly recommend using spiderbot too to assist, they can hack from distances 

Edited by amurnin100