PS5 - List of All Stacking Games, Cross-buys & Region Exclusives

Ryan Industries

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea, @FallenRyan!

I won't be getting a PS5 any time soon, but I have started picking up some PS5 games when I can.

I've been looking for a growing list or directory of the Cross-Buy (for PS4, PS5) games, as well as stackable games, but haven't come across many yet.

There have been news posts and threads about "free PS5 upgrades" (such as Push Square's page), but a regularly updated list of all the many Cross-Buy (for PS4, PS5) games – as well as PS4 and PS5 games that do not offer Cross-Buy – would be really helpful. Sony's confusing policies around PS5 releases which offer PS4 versions (like Horizon: Forbidden West) has not helped things.

Have you considered including some more of the Cross-Buy games (PS4, PS5) that are slipping through the cracks? 

Some more Cross-Buy games for PS4/PS5:

• Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (PS4, PS5)
  • Back 4 Blood (PS4, PS5)
  • Battlefield 2048 (PS4, PS5) [Cross-Buy only via Gold or Ultimate Edition]
  • Bugsnax (PS4, PS5)
  • Far Cry 6 (PS4, PS5)
  • Godfall (PS4, PS5)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (PS4, PS5) [Cross-Buy via digital deluxe edition]
  • Haven (PS4, PS5)
  • Horizon: Forbidden West (PS4, PS5) [Cross-Buy via digital deluxe edition]
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS4, PS5)
  • Last Stop (PS4, PS5)
  • Life is Strange: True Colors (PS4, PS5)
  • Little Nightmares II (PS4, PS5)
  • Lost Judgment (PS4, PS5)
  • Maneater (PS4, PS5)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS4, PS5)
  • MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries (PS4, PS5)
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm (PS4, PS5)
  • SackBoy: A Big Adventure (PS4, PS5)
  • Scarlet Nexus (PS4, PS5)
  • Sifu (PS4, PS5)
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4, PS5)
  • Tales of Arise (PS4, PS5)
  • The Pathless (PS4, PS5)
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4, PS5)

PS5 games with PS4 versions that DO NOT offer Cross-Buy/Free upgrades

A list of PS5 games that have PS4 versions, but do not offer Cross-Buy or free upgrades. Some may offer discounted upgrades when going from PS4-to-PS5.

• Alan Wake Remastered
  • Jett: The Far Shore
  • Kerbal Space Program: Enhanced Edition
Edited by DK33per
Updated links
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, DK33per said:

Have you considered including some more of the Cross-Buy games (PS4, PS5) that are slipping through the cracks? 

I've never checked but I assumed a list like that would exist somewhere on PSNP. I primarily focus on stacks but I'll consider making a list of cross-buys/non-cross-buys. My current project is an updated version of all the PS4 stacks, which will include a lot more PS5/PS4 cross-buys.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FallenRyan said:

I've never checked but I assumed a list like that would exist somewhere on PSNP. I primarily focus on stacks but I'll consider making a list of cross-buys/non-cross-buys. My current project is an updated version of all the PS4 stacks, which will include a lot more PS5/PS4 cross-buys.

All good. Appreciating your efforts.

I've not seen a regularly updated Cross-Buy for PS4/PS5 (or full PS4/PS5 games lists) anywhere yet. I imagine we will see them before too long.

It's going to be a confusing next few years regarding PS4/PS5 releases.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I believe it is the latter.

For example, Telltale Games's The Walking Dead Season 1 can be Platinumed on the PS Vita, PS3, Japanese Version of the PS3 and PS4 so a total of 4.

Mystic, who covers Playstation news and uploads Playstation videos, got 6 Platinum's for The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us during his 30 Platinums in 30 Days.

34 minutes ago, Jermster_91 said:

I believe it is the latter.

For example, Telltale Games's The Walking Dead Season 1 can be Platinumed on the PS Vita, PS3, Japanese Version of the PS3 and PS4 so a total of 4.

Mystic, who covers Playstation news and uploads Playstation videos, got 6 Platinum's for The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us during his 30 Platinums in 30 Days.

Gotcha.

The post I was responding to has been deleted. It basically said why am I bothering with this thread and that "auto-popping trophies" shouldn't exist.

The purpose of this thread isn't to promote "auto popping trophies" since there already is a pinned thread about it and I have no interest in discussing it here. The "auto-pop" thread has around 50 titles listed and the last time I checked there are thousands of stacking games between the PS3, PS4, PS5 & PSV that have to be completed legitimately. This thread is more for users who enjoy doing the same game multiple times and/or for users who don't have a PS5 (like myself) and will have a library of games built off of purchasing PS4 games with cross-buys/upgrades.

Edited by FallenRyan
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 10:18 AM, meterano7 said:

I think witcher 3 ps5 upgrade can be added

The Witcher 3 was already listed, under T.

On 1/21/2023 at 0:08 PM, greenzsaber said:

Yurukill, Furi and Gunborg: Dark Matters have a PS5 free upgrade

My apologies for the late reply. Thank you, this will be added.

I'm contemplating the future of this thread due to the massive influx of shovelware. I'm about a month behind in stacks. Maybe I'll try to focus on the cross-buy section more.

Edit:

Added the 8000+ stacks of Quiz Thiz & The Jumping ______

Added PSVR2 icon VR.png to games that require VR.

Edited by FallenRyan
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Small Update:

● After many days of switching text to automatic color, this thread is now light/dark mode compatible. If there is a problem, please let me know.

● New icon for non-platinum games NO-PLAT-PNG.png

● Used CERO rating icons  D1.jpg & Z1.jpg  to show the difference between Japanese House of the Dead stacks. If there are any more age restricted stacks on the PS5 (that require a credit card), please let me know and I will update them.

Edited by FallenRyan
  • Like 3